Neko Case - Look for Me (I'll Be Around)
2. What song makes you sad?
Ace of Base songs make me nostalgic.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
4. Your all time favorite band?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
I only really got into St. Vincent recently.
6. Best female voice?
7. Best male voice?
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
The New Pornographers, probably.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
The New Pornographers at the Showbox (at the Market) in Seattle on Sept. 14, 2007.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
Either St. Vincent or Neko Case. I'm always listening to Neko Case, it seems.
13. Most hated band?
Bjork. I really just don't get her.
14. Song that makes you think?
I'm not sure.
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
Ah, but I don't want to share! Bad things happen when bands go big! Rilo Kiley only got noticed on MTV when they released their worst album to date.
16. Coolest music video?
Feist - I Feel It All
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
I wouldn't know, I don't usually watch music videos. I guess Rilo Kiley's The Moneymaker, because it has porn stars in it.
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
Once upon a time I played the piano and the flute a bit. I have a tenor guitar, but I don't know how to play it (still!).
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
No, I'd get claustrophobic and/or trampled.
21. Are you in a band?
And Sometimes Why!
23. Ever dated a musician?
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
Yes, that would be neat.
29. Best chick band you know of?
The Pipettes are entertaining.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
The last song I heard on the radio, I think, was Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
Sometimes I wish I could stand to listen to it.
33. What do you think of Country music?
I like Neko Case and some older artists like Emmylou Harris, but not the popular country played nowadays like Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, or freakin' Toby Keith.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
It's not something I even wish I could enjoy.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Are The New Pornographers big? Rilo Kiley? Ryan Adams? If not, we're going to have to go back really far to May 2006 when I went to Sasquatch and saw Death Cab for Cutie and Beck.
36. Are you a groupie?
No, but my mom's friend was a groupie for Del Amitri, which I find hilarious.
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
I used to have a bunch of French songs, but I don't know what happened to them. About all I have now is the Immaculate Machine EP, "Les uns mais pas les autres."
38. What famous musician would you like to fuck!?
Sufjan Stevens is pretty attractive, I'd say.
39. Worst concert moment?
Sitting in the cold at Sasquatch by myself for a few hours while everyone I came with was nowhere to be found.
40. Funny concert moment?
Going on an emo hunt with Lindsay.
41. Sad concert moment?
Don't think I have one.
42. Best local act you can think of?
Seattle is full of great bands! But I'll just go with Neko Case since she's from Tacoma, even if she did move away.
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
Tambourine, I'd say. Or a xylophone.
44. Do you listen to the radio?
If I do, I listen to KEXP or 103.7 The Mountain. But I usually have mixed CDs in the car to listen to.
45. Do you watch music TV?
Is there a such thing as music TV anymore?
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
Not really. I met Anthony Green from Circa Survive because he is friends with my sister, but I'm not sure that counts (and I hope it doesn't).
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
Yeah, I have some cousins that are, and Katy and Andrew can play their assorted instruments pretty well!
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
The Elected - Greetings in Braille
50. Song that describes your life?
No one would write a song that describes anything like my life. How boring.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
All? No. Most? Probably.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Not too much.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
Probably none. Maybe Sufjan.
53. Favourite movie sound track?
55. Any musician pet hates?
All of those bands that sound the same to me, i.e. Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, etc.
56. What do your parents listen to?
My dad listens to classic rock, mostly. My mom listens to 103.7 The Mountain, and she likes Maroon 5. And Colbie Caillat. It cracks me up.
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
St. Vincent - Jesus Saves, I Spend
58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
Only as pajamas, but rarely even then. I only have ones from bands I don't listen to anymore.
59. What do you think of people who do?
60. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
Gosh, I don't know. Indie? Is that a sub-culture?
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Flight of the Conchordss - Robots (Live)
62. Do you sing in the shower?
Definitely, but only if I bring my laptop into the bathroom with me and actually have music playing.
63. If so, what? If not, why not?
Just whatever songs I like at the time...
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
I guess be one, but if I were one, I'd never be able perform or anything. Snag in the plan, I know.
66. How important is your partner's taste in music to you?
Ha, more important than is probably actually necessary. If we don't have a few favorite artists in common, we're doomed from the start.
67. Hanson moves in next door to you, do you go introduce yourself, or do you arrange to beat them up?
Oh, I like Hanson. I'll admit it. I'd say hi.
68. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll, you dig?
69. Do you cook to music?
I usually cook to TV that is playing on my Apple TV through iTunes...
70. Do you sing in the toilet?