TOP 10 LP:
10. Future of the Left: The Plot Against Common Sense
In 2012 it's very hard to create epic music without being ridiculous. One possible method is to mix up epicness with great quantities of "motherfuckerness".
9. Global Goon: Quonk
Monstre compilation of the most bizarre acid songs I've ever heard in my life.
8. pozvakowski.: sevenpeopleleft
Way more noisy and aggressive like their previous works. Full with energy, gives you beautiful pictures of isolation.
7. Tim Hecker & Daniel Lopatin: Instrumental Tourist
Inspired, wonderfully psychedelic wall of sounds. Just as good as the artists.
6. Peter Brötzmann Chicago Tentet: Walk, Love, Sleep
Fucked-up jazz monsters, manifesto of serious madness.
5. Moritz von Oswald Trio: Fetch
Long, slow, dark, erotic, surprising - best soundtrack for being alone high and sad.
4. Kid606: Lost in the Game
I really like this new direction of Kid606. Ethereal, trippy soundscapes, intelligent, low-key, elegant electronic music.
3. Aesop Rock: Skelethon
After a 5 year hiatus Aesop Rock returned with a mature, chiseled alternative hip-hop album. Thoughtful-poetic, intimate stream-of-consciuosness style lyrics, smooth beats, wonderful melancholy.
2. Kid Koala: 12 Bit Blues
Blues-hop tales from the golden-handed DJ. Chill you out, turns you down. Blues have never been so cool.
1. BadBadNotGood: BBNG2
Words are useless here, this is definitely the coolest shit this year. Oh, and it's free.
Other memorable LPs of the year:
JJ DOOM: Key To The Kuffs
Last Step: Sleep
Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.: Sons of Bitches Brew
Loscil: Sketches from New Brighton
Claudio PRC: Inner State
Fire! with Oren Ambarchi: In The Mouth - A Hand
Black Moth Super Rainbow: Cobra Juicy
Vessel: Order of Noise
Hairy bones: Snakelust (To Kenji Nakagami)
Nathan Fake: Steam Days
Pigs: You Ruin Everything
Dubmood: Lost Floppies Vol. 1
TOP 5 EP:
5. Christoph de Babalon: Traumspiel
4. Burial: Kindred
3. Nathan Fake: Iceni Strings
2. Venetian Snares: Fool the Detector
1. Kid606: LSDMTB303
Best songs of the year:
10.Black Moth Super Rainbow: I Think I'm Evil
9. Claudio PRC: Echoes
8. pozvakowski: killick
7. Bass Clef: Ghost Kicks in the Spiral
6. Future of the Left: Notes on Achieving Orbit
5. Actress: The Lord's Graffiti
4. Unsane: No Chance
3. Kid Koala: 4 Bit Blues
2. Aesop Rock: Cycles to Gehenna
1. BadBadNotGood: CMYK
+1. Tej: Átlag Éjjel ( :D )
5. Converge: All We Love We Leave Behind
It's not their fault that they can't outdo Jane Doe never again. Fine. But Axe to Fall was a brilliant record, they showed some really suprising stuff. Compared to that, it's only a so-called safety-game. It's like, popcore. It would be amazing...but not from Converge.
4. Crystal Castles: (III)
It wasn't THAT bad, just fucking boring. I mean, they already created two wonderful album with interesting musical solutions. Compared to those, this record is only the product of crisis, without any innovation. Yeah, there are some cool tunes and synth themes, but in my opinion, Crystal Castles doesn't need to copy this lame, shitty "witch house" microtrend. Or what the fuck is it called.
3. Swans: The Seer
I was very pleased with their previous record, My Father..., it was a beautiful record, with glorious songs. So I was waiting for The Seer like a child. So lame, but it's just a big pile of pointless catharsis in more than two hours.
2. Bong-Ra: Monolith
The featuring of Sole was the only good point on this record. Brainless stuff, nowhere near the creativity of the earlier Bong-Ra records, for example: Full Metal Racket.
1. Otto von Schirach: Supermeng
I adore Otto, honestly. But this is the shittiest record I've heard in my entire life.
And, at last, my TOP 10 Concerts in 2012:
10. A Winged Victory for the Sullen/Ólafur Arnalds/Nils Frahm, Budapest, Trafó, 2012. 10. 10.
9. drMáriás-Pándi Balázs-Kovács "Royal" Ferenc-Benkő Róbert quartet, Budapest, Mika Tivadar Mulató, 2012. 12. 12.
8. Eskmo, Budapest, A38, 2012. 09. 01.
7. MF DOOM, OFF! Festival, Katowice, 2012. 08. 04.
6. Thurston Moore, OFF! Festival, Katowice, 2012. 08. 04.
5. Socalled, Budapest, Akvárium Klub, 2012. 09. 16.
4. Iggy Pop & The Stooges, OFF! Festival, Katowice, 2012. 08. 04.
3. Kuedo, OFF! Festival, Katowice, 2012. 08. 05.
2. Ceephax Acid Crew, Budapest, Akvárium Klub, 2012. 12. 21.
1. Pissed Jeans, OFF! Festival, Katowice, 2012. 08. 04.
+1. BNNT sound bombing at OFF! Festival, Katowice
+2. Henry Rollins spoken word performance at OFF! Festival, Katowice
Happier new year...or, you know, what? Fuck that. I wish you a ... new year. If you xome up with an adjective, comment this shit. Peace y'all!