1. What are you listening to right now?Sæglópur
by Sigur Rós
2. What song makes you sad?
A lot do. Illusion
by VNV Nation
by Ludovico Einaudi
, Stay With Me
by Clint Mansell
... I have a playlist for songs like this. (click
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?I Gotta Feeling
by Black Eyed Peas
4. Your all-time favourite band?Sigur Rós
5. Your newly discovered band is?Mew
6. Best female voice?Tarja Turunen
and Susanne Sundfør
7. Best male voice?Jónsi
8. Genre you find yourself listening to most?
Indie, electronic, synthpop and post-rock.
9. To hype you up, what do you listen to?
There are five songs in particular; Steve McQueen
, One (Always Hardcore)
, Spirit Never Die
, Young Blood
by The Naked and Famous
by The Middle East
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?Ludovico Einaudi
11. Last gig, concert or festival you went to?
Updating this just so I can now write that I went to see Sigur Rós
, and they were perfect. It was ten days ago, on Friday the 8th of March, at the O2 Academy in Brixton, London.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?Sigur Rós
13. Your most hated band?
Hmm, that's a tough one. I just don't listen to bands I don't like, so I wouldn't really know.
14. A song that makes you think?2 Rights Make 1 Wrong
. Another? Pretty Pet
by Aberdeen City
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?Radical Face
16. Coolest music video?Happy Up Here
and Remind Me
, also by Röyksopp
17. Can you play a musical instrument?
I can play a few things on the keyboard, and some simple stuff on guitar, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I can properly 'play' one.
18. Ever been in a mosh pit?
19. Are you in a band?
20. Ever dated a musician?
21. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
22. Do you listen to any music that you're ashamed of?
Nope, not at all. I'd happily tell people that PONPONPON
is super awesome. I don't think people should be ashamed of or apologise for the music they enjoy.
23. Last song that you heard on the radio?
The last one I can remember hearing on the radio (of which I am familiar with) was Never Ever
by All Saints
24. What do you think of classical music?
Some of the best music there is.
25. What do you think of country music?
26. What do you think of death metal?
No thank you.
27. Last big band that you saw live?Sigur Rós
28. Are you a groupie?
29. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
Yes, a lot.
30. Funny concert moment?Iron Maiden
played so hard one of the speakers caught fire, then they had to turn all sound off for around twenty minutes while it was replaced. It was quite a surreal experience, people sat above were doing the wave, and I realised just how loud the cheers of over a thousand people are. Someone also threw a bottle of urine at Trivium
when they were playing and they complained about it afterwards and tried to get some intense mosh pits going on. That was humorous.
31. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
32. Do you listen to the radio?
Sometimes, but rarely by choice.
33. Do you watch music televison?
34. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
35. Are any of your friends or family musicians?
36. Song that best describes your feelings right now?Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare)
by Kid Cudi
37. Song that describes your life?I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
by The White Stripes
38. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
39. Does a musicians physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
No. I'm older than 15.
40. What famous musician do you want to marry?
41. Favourite film soundtrack?
The Lord of the Rings (score by Howard Shore
42. Any musician pet peeves?
I'm sure I have a few, but none that I can think of at the moment.
43. What do your parents listen to?
My mum likes Scissor Sisters
I think... and The Darkness
. And I guess my dad likes KT Tunstall
and stuff. I'm not entirely sure, to be honest.
44. What are you listening to right now?
Haven't we had this question already? I'm listening to Gong
by Sigur Rós
45. Do you wear band t-shirts?
I used to.
46. What do you think of people who do?
I'm glad they are embracing their passion.
47. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
48. What song is stuck in your head right now?Heart Skipped a Beat
by The xx
49. Do you sing in the shower?
Not a lot.
50. If so, what? If not, why not?
Because the shower is where I do most of my thinking. I can't think if I'm singing.
51. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
Be one myself.
52. How important is your partners taste in music to you?
Me and my cutie pinkoctupus
have loads in common, which means we get to listen to music together and want to go to the same concerts. But even if I hated her music and she hated mine, I'd still love her to bits.
53. Do you cook to music?
Not really. When I have to do the washing up I listen to music, though. Then I find myself washing up in sync with the music, and probably look crazy.
54. Do you sing in the toilet?
I don't go into the toilet, but I listen to music while I'm on the toilet. I don't sing on the toilet, though.
55. What are you listening to right now?
Again? I'm listening to Sæglópur
by Sigur Rós