Before I start this, I'm going to make a quick sidenote and say that if you haven't yet heard it, you should definitely listen to the album High Violet by The National. Anyway...
1. What's your favorite song by 14?David BowieHeroes
is one of my favorite songs ever!
2. How did you get into 20?Ben Folds
Oh jeez, I don't really remember... Pretty sure I just picked up Rockin the Suburbs
on a whim at a second-hand CD store, and fell in love from there.
3. Who is your favorite member in 8?The Hives
Pelle Almqvist, the singer. His plethora of facial expressions awesome style in general during their music videos/live shows is friggin' priceless.
4. Whats your favorite lyric bit by 29?Modest Mouse
"You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?" and then at the end of the song "You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste the afterlife?"
5. Have you ever seen 22 live?Andrew Jackson Jihad
Ah, I wish. Although I had the honor of doing a phone interview with their guitarist, Sean Bonnette.
6. What's your favorite album from 10?Death Cab for Cutie
Honestly, most of their albums get kind of repetitive for me and/or only have a few really good songs. However, Narrow Stairs
doesn't have a single track that I don't love.
7. Do you own any merchandise from 3?Beck
I've got a pretty awesome blue shirt that has a drawing of two turntables and a microphone on it :D
8. What is a good memory you have of 7?The Mountain Goats
Every memory involving the Mountain Goats is an awesome one, but I think hearing "Cotton" at the end of an episode of Weeds really takes the cake.
9. Is there a member of the same age as you in 2?Cake
10. When did you first get into 1?Pixies
Wow, probably back in 2005 or 6...
11. Who likes 4 along with you?Weezer
Plenty of people; girlfriend, a few of my close friends, etc.
12. Which song did you first hear from 15?Pink Floyd
Well, they're really popular so I've always been exposed to them. It was probably Money
or Wish You Were Here
13. What song made you fall in love with 5?Nirvana
The simplicty of the guitar parts, the awesomeness of the lyrics, the emotion behind the vocals... basically everything.
14. Which song do you not like by 18?the talking headsStay Up Late
... That song is just plain creepy, honestly.
15. Why do you like 16's songs?Public Enemy
For years, I never thought I'd like any sort of rap, but PE's originality and smart lyrics really drew me in when a friend introduced me to them.
16. Where did you first hear 6?Radiohead
Gee, I've been hearing Creep
17. How long was 19 a singer before you liked them?The Fratellis
I dunno, maybe 3 years?
18. Does 13 have a song that gives you a bad memory?R.E.M.
19. When did you get into 17?The Jesus and Mary Chain
They were one of the first bands I got into after getting my Last.fm account.
20. How long have you been into 11?The Strokes
It's hard to remember these sorts of things... Maybe 4 years?
21. If 9 had a concert 300 miles away, would you drive there to see them?The White Stripes
I can't drive, but I'd totally go on a White Stripes road trip!
22. How many CDs do you own of 12?of Montreal
One CD (Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
) and one vinyl (Coquelicot Asleep In The Field Of Poppies: A Variety Of Whimsical Verse
23. Does 21 have a song that makes you cry?Neutral Milk Hotel
Haha, like all of them... Well, they don't make me cry, but if I were sad enough and I heard one of the songs from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
then I'd probably cry.
24. Does 27 have a song that makes you happy?The Thermals
Heh, yeah I guess so. Here's Your Future
makes me happy in a sort of happy-to-be-pissed-off way.
25. Does 23 have a song that makes you smile?The WhoMy Generation
. Hell yeah \m/
26. What's the last song you've listened to from 28?Van Halen
I dunno, probably Hot For Teacher
27. Is there a song by 32 that you've listened to more than 30 times?Tullycraft
Not according to Last.fm, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Twee
more than 30 times apiece...
28. What is a song from 50 that you've only listened to once?Sleater-Kinney
A lot of their songs, actually. There are some songs on their albums that I like but don't really care about :P
29. Is there a song you are sick of hearing by 24?Green Day
...HA! HAHAHAHAHA! YESSSSSS!!!! I swear, I've heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams
so many times that I basically hate the song now... and I've never liked Wake Me Up When September Ends
that much anyway.
30. What song got you into 40?Against Me!
My friend's band covered Problems
and that's a really sweet tune.
31. What is your favorite single by 25?Mindless Self Indulgence
Although the album it's from isn't my favorite, I love Never Wanted to Dance
32. If 49 hated you, what would you do?
Instead of having a #49, I have a 3-way tie for #47, followed by #50. So I'm just gonna say that Flobots
is the one we're talking about here.
Anyway, I'd be pretty confused. Flobots is an awesome rap group with good views on politics/social issues, so if they hated me I wouldn't know why since we share views and stuff.
33. What would you say if 42 or one of the members from 42 asked you out?
A two-way tie, but I'll go with Portugal. The Man
. And it's weird cause just as I typed that, The Sun
came up on my iTunes playlist.
Well, since they're all decently older than me, it'd be kinda creepy, plus at least one of them is definitely married and has kids... No matter what it looks like the answer'd be no.
34. Would you care if 41 had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
No #41, but there's a two-way tie for #40. So this time I'll go with Dane Cook
Yeah, I'd care. He doesn't deserve one because he's a douche, lol.
35. Who has the best voice in 46?Flight of the Conchords
Both of their voices are awesome, too hard to pick!
36. Do you think 26 is/are good looking?Vampire Weekend
Well, in general I kinda hate preps, but I gotta say that Ezra Koenig's got looks.
37. How many times have you listened to your favorite song by 36?Bob Dylan
I was named after Bob Dylan and it's kinda hard to choose my favorite song by him, but I've listened to his music in general a lot.
38. How many CDs do you own of 30?Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
One, Living With The Living
. And damn is it good.
39. Is there a song from 38 that makes you mad?
A three-way tie between three awesome artists, but none of them make me mad ever.
40. Which member from 31 do you want to see go solo? If 31 is only one artist, what would you do if they joined a group?The Germs
I couldn't see any of them going solo. Plus, Darby Crash is dead... :P
41. What does your favorite song from 48 remind you of?
Agh, all these three-way ties... let's go with The Black Keys
[track artist=The Black Keys]Next Girl just reminds me of everything that is awesome.
42. Did you hate 43 at first?
No #43, tie for #42 so let's say The Presidents of the United States of America
I did not hate them at first, or ever.
43. Does your best friend also listen to 33?Megadeth
Oddly enough, yes. He hates pretty much all the music I like except for metal.
44. Do you think your parents would like 37?
Three-way tie, but my mom does like Paul Simon
45. Does 47 have a song that makes you want to dance?
The remaining one in the three way tie, Wesley Willis
46. Have you ever seen 34 in person?Harvey Danger
I wish! Such a talented band!
47. Do you like 44's name?The New Pornographers
Yeah, but it's kinda awkward to say in certain conversations. "Do you like the New Pornographers?" "What happened to the old ones?"
48. Is there someone in 45 that you want to go out with?Foo Fighters
49. Do you know anyone that hates 39?
My best friend hates all three in the three-way tie.
50. Have you ever danced to a song from 35?Weird Al Yankovic