1. How did you get into 29? (The Shins)
Katie got me into them years ago, and I remember showing them to Jess when I started listening to them. My newfound love, combined with Jess', resulted in lots and lots of Shins play, particularly during the DECA states competition. "New Slang" ended up being my ringtone on my old LG Mint Chocolate, but in more recent years I've selected "Chutes Too Narrow" to be my favorite album.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Sublime)
I believe it was "Wrong Way".
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33? (Fleet Foxes)
I love Fleet Foxes and I'm sure if I paid particular attention to their lyrics, I would most definitely be able to pick something because from what I can recall most of their lyrics seem fantastic. I just can't select at this point.
4. What is your favorite album by 49? (The National)
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Radiohead)
Sadly, PATHETICALLY, only two. And an embarrassing, completely predictable two as well. "In Rainbows" and their greatest hits. I love it all though.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (Volcano Choir and the Velvet Underground are tied)
Randomly, "Cool Knowledge" by Volcano Choir, although all of their songs are fantastic, but they all happen to strike me in certain different ways that don't frequent as much as this song. Regarding the Velvet Underground, I'd have to say "Sweet Jane"
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (Great Lake Swimmers)
8. What is your favorite album by 15? (Atmosphere)
“When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold"
9. What is your favorite song by 5? (WHY?)
Dear God, there are so many! I might have to go with "Brook & Waxing" or "Simeon's Dilemma"
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (Jason Mraz)
Lots of them! His cover of Bob Marley's "One Love" is particularly nice, yet tied with "Who Needs Shelter" and "Life is Wonderful"
11. What is your favorite album by 40? (Girls)
Seeing that they only have one album, I have no choice but to say "Album"
12. What is your favorite song by 10? (MGMT)
"Kids" and "Time to Pretend". I know, who would've guessed.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 31? (Dispatch)
"The General" + Ya Bitch + Sangin'
14. What is your favorite song by 38? (Drake)
"Still Fly", yet "Unstoppable (feat. Lil Wayne and Santigold)" and "Let's Call It Off (feat. Peter Bjorn and John" come in as mere seconds.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? (Bon Iver)
Eh, in a strange way, I could bend "Blood Bank" and "Skinny Love" to be happy if needed.
16. How many times have you seen 25 live? (the xx)
Never, but they always tend to play around the village.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? (Yeasayer)
"2080" on satellite radio in my car, randomly.
18. What is your favorite album by 11? (Arcade Fire)
This is a controversial issue in my life. Initially I was insisting on "Funeral", but with much influence by Loren Worsley's love of "Neon Bible" resulting in me re-listening to that album numerous times recently, I've possibly swayed that way. Yet after much listening, I think I'm reverting back to my love for "Funeral". Oh, the dilemmas. I'm just going to say "Funeral".
19. Who is a favorite member of 1? (The Hush Sound)
I first have to disclaim that I cringe every time I see The Hush Sound as my top artist, because that was a result of my iPod playing it on repeat in my pocket accidentally, and then scrobbling without my notice. I did listen to a hefty amount of them back in the day though, a the dawn of having a last.fm
Okay, aside from that, I'd have to say the girl singer/piano player, Gretchen? I think that's her name. Although I really am against her suddenly super-blusey and soulful voice on their latest album, which was absolutely terrible.
20. Have you ever seen 14 live? (Sonic Youth)
Yes! In a giant empty abandoned pool in Brooklyn! With Kyle! Hah!
21. What is a good memory involving 27? (Shwayze)
Me and Katie's sudden and random rediscovery of them late this spring/summer. Our major step in rediscovery was Katie's one year "gettucing" anniversary in Derya's hookah room, where we used the Zong and ended up laying in the room, paralyzed in thought and music for about 4 hours. Lots of Shwayze played. This continued playing in Bruce for the rest of the summer.
22. What is your favorite song by 16? (Norotious B.I.G.)
"Hypnotize", "Dead Wrong", "Big Poppa", "Party and Bullshit" and "Juicy". Don't make me separate my preferences.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 46? (High Places)
"From Stardust to Sentience"
24. What is your favorite album by 18? (Lil' Wayne)
"Tha Carter III", naturally.
25. What is your favorite song by 21? (Dirty Projectors)
Sheesh, this is hard. They're all so equally pleasing in their own various ways! Shit. I'm going to go with these: "No Intention", "Stillness Is the Move" and "Rise Above"
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26? (K'Naan)
"In the Beginning"; Katie showed me it years ago and told me "Peter Smith and Mike Mignosi love this." I thought that was funny. Then about a year and a half ago, K'Naan somehow reentered my life, and I became obsessed with this song and many, many others. This one's still my favorite, though.
27. What is your favorite album by 3? (Anathallo)
“Floating World", as a whole or in pieces, is absolutely amazing.
28. What is you favorite song by 22? (Sublime)
Either "Waiting for my Ruca" or "Garden Grove", randomly.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? (M.I.A.)
"Paper Planes", shocker.
30. What is you favorite song by 8? (Modest Mouse)
"The World at Large" and "Ocean Breathes Salty" are hands down winners, yet all their songs are very, very up there.
1. How many times have you seen 17 live? (Pavement)
Never, until this summer at Sasquatch!
32. Is there a song by 42 that makes you happy? (Neon Indian and Passion Pit are tied)
"Terminally Chill" by Neon Indian, I guess. Regarding Passion Pit, all of their songs are ridiculously happy. "Sleepyhead" is my favorite, if that qualifies.
33. What is you favorite album by 12? (Beyonce)
"I Am...Sasha Fierce", of COURSE.
34. What is the worst song by 45? (Justice)
All of their songs are ridiculous. I've naturally preferred some over others, but there is absolutely no way I could choose a "worst" song.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? (Wye Oak)
"For Prayer", Dana was playing it in the room when she downloaded a bunch of different music, and I remember this song coming on and looking up what it was on my iPhone.
36. What is you favorite album by 48? (Michael Jackson)
I don't believe I could physically process all of his albums, yet I'm really anal about listening to/liking albums as a whole, so I'd have to settle for "The Essential Michael Jackson" to be safe.
37. How many times have you seen 24 live? (Saves the Day)
About 5 or 6 times, but all of these times being out of convenience rather than deliberately, like at music festivals and stuff.
38. What is you favorite song by 36? (Miike Snow)
"A Horse is Not a Home"
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? (Minor Threat)
"Minor Threat", actually.
40. What is your favorite album by 7? (Lady GaGa)
"The Fame Monster" - not only her new stuff, but "The Fame" is technically part of it too! All of her songs! I win!
41. Is there a song by 37 that makes you happy? (Dinosaur Jr.)
"Crumble" and "Freak Scene" more than others.
42. What is your favorite album by 9? (jj
"jj no. 2", because "jj no. 1" only has two okay songs on it, and what I've heard of "jj no. 3" is terrible so far. Plus "jj no. 2" is absolutely fantastic.
43. What is your favorite song by 24? (Saves the Day)
“This is Not an Exit” - not only my favorite song by Saves the Day, but randomly is my favorite song EVER. Hands down. I can't necessarily explain why, either.
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? (High Places and Bob Marley & the Wailers)
In regards to High Places, I'd have to say finally listening to them while privileged after knowing them for way too long and not being able to do such. For Bob Marley & the Wailers, I'm going with driving my mom's convertible around in the summertime.
45. What is your favorite song by 35? (The Firebird Band)
"Waiting for You to Come Back from Barcelona"
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? (jj)
“From Africa to Malagia"
47. What is your favorite album by 4? (Animal Collective)
"Strawberry Jam", yet everything else comes in as very, very close seconds.
48. Who is a favorite member of 37? (Dinosaur Jr.)
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 40? (Girls)
"Hellhole Ratrace" in Urban Outfitters, actually.
50. How many albums do you own by 20? (KiD CuDI)
Two, his "Day N' Night EP" that only had two of the same song on it, and "Man on the Moon: The End of the Day", his only full length so far.