You'll interact with musicians and music industry executives on a weekly basis, if not more frequently. You can help guide the show by contacting your favorite remixable musicians. We've been doing this for almost five years, so we have quite the contact list already. If you don't know musicians using remixable licenses, we can guide you.
We currently operate out of Baltimore and Madison, WI, but this summer I am moving to Cincinnati. It is during June and July that we will need the most help. We're happy to have you stay longer though.
If you want more responsibility, prove yourself and we are happy to give it. We've had great success with interns in the past and hope to have more in the future!
This is a telecommuting position, but I'm happy to meet with you in Baltimore City in person to help get things done.
Here are the potential tasks:
1. Maintain our FMA curation: http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/MusicManumit
2. Coordinate times and contact medium with musicians. Many of the musicians for the summer have already been selected, but for open dates, you'll be free to contact the musicians you want, as long as they fit our criteria.
3. Update our calendar entries with whether we are going to use Skype or Hangout for a particular interview.
4. Maintain our Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/group/Music+Manumit+Podcast
5. Maintain our Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/groups/music-manumit
6. Help with show notes during the show and clean up show notes after the show.
7. Write policy articles.
8. Write punk album reviews -- there might be some room to expand this if you do a good job on punk.musicmanumit.com
9. Put together punk shows -- again, there might be some room to expand if you do a good job
10. Report on area music events. We can help get media credentials. We've done it in the past. It really just depends on the event whether we will be able to get them.
11. Recruit more help, and potentially manage the recruits depending on your ability.
12. Write grant proposals -- we'd love to actually pay you!
13. Research grant proposals
Please let us know the following:
Where are you located?
Were you thinking about getting started now or just in the summer?
What piece of the music industry most interests you? (we don't need an essay, just music business, licensing, music journalism...something like that)