Gen 1 2014, 20:56 di rivetdrunk
Gen 7 2013, 23:38 di indefortSince there have been a few recent requests for electronic stuff, I'm going to make one reference for the lot of you. (But I still want it to feel personal and specifically for you, ) The list is vaguely in order from gentle to harsh.
deadmau5 - Strobe
One of the more polarizing musicians out there (only a few notches above Skrillex in terms of popular opinion), I'm actually a pretty big fan. This is universally recognized as his best track. Long wind up, and it's very gentle and calming. Perfect to put on in the background or for a late night walk. I've got plenty more deadmau5 recommendations if you like him.
Giraffage - SLO
I've got heaps of really calm/chillout/ambient stuff like this, but I'm mostly leaving it off this list. Lemme know if you want to hear more like this.
Spor - Pacifica (Kito and Reija Remix)
Feb 29 2012, 22:05 di MiyavixMayaPost your top 15 bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite.
1. Tokio Hotel
Loved: Ready, Set, Go!
Favorite: Jung Und Nicht Mehr Jugendfrei
First: Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites
Loved: Rock N' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)
Favorite: Right In
3. Dance Gavin Dance
Loved: It's Safe to Say You Dig the Backseat
Favorite: Heat Seeking Ghost Of Sex
4. A Day to Remember
First: The Downfall of Us All
Loved: If It Means a Lot to You
Favorite: Mr. Highway's Thinking About the End
5. A Skylit Drive
First: Hey Nightmare, Where Did You Get Them Teeth?
Loved: A Reason for Broken Wings
Favorite: Fuck the System
6. Get Scared
Favorite: Cynical Skin
First: Discovering the Waterfront
Loved: Smile In Your Sleep
Favorite: A Great Fire
Loved: Ghosts N Stuff
Dic 23 2011, 15:57 di osornios
Mag 18 2011, 18:48 di AartmusicThis is my evolution of music. Since June 2004 I'm listening to music. I've collected the best hits for each year. Every beginning of June I start with a new music year. The list is in order of time.
Year I: 2004 - 2005
Best Artist: Usher
Best Song: Usher - U Remind Me
Best Album: Usher - Confessions
01. Usher - U Remind Me
02. Nelly Furtado - Try
03. Eamon - Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back)
04. The Corrs - Summer Sunshine
05. Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
06. Counting Crows & Bløf - Holiday in Spain
07. Hoobastank - The Reason
08. Intwine - Cruel Man
09. Benassi Bros. - Hit My Heart
10. Lenny Kravitz - Calling All Angels
11. U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
12. Reflekt - Need To Feel Loved
13. Mocky - Catch a Moment in Time
14. Marco Borsato - Opa
15. Maroon 5 - Must Get Out
16. Daniel Powter - Bad Day
17. Coldplay - Speed of Sound
18. Akcent - Kylie
Year II: 2005 - 2006
Ago 1 2010, 4:29 di NdoSlvrClbMbrList your top 10 artists as played on Last.fm:
Louis La Roche
Le Knight Club
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Wow. That's really hard. Well, I was born in 1986 so it would have to be something from the Bad album. Probably the song BadBad
What is your favourite album of 2?
Hmmm, tough one. Really depends on the mood I'm in. But I guess I'd have to go with Lamb's Anger. Just so many good memories :)
What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
How many times have you seen 4 live?
Just once so far. I'm going to see them in a few weeks!! So fucking stoked!
Chromeo in Nashville baby!!
What is your favourite song by 7?
According to Last.fm it's Love. But I have a feeling that's gonna change when his album drops soon!
What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10?
I saw them Live back in April! They are soooooo damn good live!!!
Giu 13 2010, 20:22 di pegnoseMost Listened To Artists of 2010:
Part I: January – June 2010
(Ranking refers to change from the end of 2009 chart)
1. Alphabeat saw the release of The Beat Is... their second album in the UK in 2010, along with such accompanying treats as a cover version of Lady Gaga's Telephone & Bad Romance mashed into one, and Chaka Khan's Ain't Nobody, as well as the Biffco-tastic edit of their third single to be released from the album, DJ
2. Ke$ha. I remember waiting in anticipation for the release of debut album Animal. And it didn't disappoint, with tracks such as the title track, Stephen and Dirty Picture (Part II) featuring Taio Cruz, the latter later released as a single, becoming immediate stand out favourites. If an artist can define the early part of 2010 then Ke$ha certainly wins it.
3. The Ordinary Boys. I listened to their B-sides and covers a lot during Easter period when I was often washing up at work, hmm, lovely, and I like doing the dishes listening to the sounds of these Ordinary boys…
Giu 3 2010, 10:09 di -PARANOID-
Dic 29 2009, 9:01 di mastermindjamr
Ott 2 2009, 2:46 di KraznorWed 30 Sep – Deadmau5
So yeah, big fan of electronic music, not a fan of the club scene where said music is often played. deadmau5 totally delivered on his end of the deal though, with a pretty much flawless set (one awkward transition to new track "Strobe") filled with hits as well as clever re-workings of older stuff, and a few brand new ones. The encore track was completely crazy, cannot wait to find out what it was and hear it again.
But being groped by weird strangers and having mysterious gentlemen in top-hats ask if "you're selling...stuff" is never fun. Really hindered my enjoyment of the latter half of the show. But none of that is in anyway the fault of Joel Zimmerman, so I still recommend going to see him. Just try your best to bring a group of friends or something to prevent bizarre encounters with club kids.