Giu 23 2013, 19:16 di errgh
Gen 29 2012, 2:30 di BruceMcD2020The "Where's the Band?" tour is out for the fourth year with solo sets from WTB veterans Chris Conley (Saves The Day), Matthew Pryor (The Get Up Kids, The New Amsterdams), and Anthony Raneri (Bayside) as well as freshman participants Ace Enders (The Early November, I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody’s Business) and Evan Weiss (Into It. Over It.).
I chatted with all five guys about this year's package and put together a fun 10 minute video primer, which I hope you'll check out in the latest post over at:
While you're there, I hope you'll also join the group (and the conversation!). We always welcome more skilled tastemakers to help shape the weekly last.fm charts and radio station, and if you're reading this you probably fit the bill!
Giu 15 2011, 22:52 di titus1821.… And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
2.7 Shot Screamers
3.12 Summers Old x3
5.Ryan Adams and The Cardinals
6.Agent Of Ribbons
8.Alice in Chains
9.Alien Ant Farm
13.AMONG THE OAK AND ASH
14.Angels & Airwaves
20.Bad Religion x2
24.Black for a Second
28.The Blood Brothers
29.Blood On The Walls
30.The Blue Man Group
32.Bright Eyes x2
34.The Bronzed Chorus
39.Capgun Coup x2
41.Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
42.Circle and Square
45.Common Roots x25
46.Company of Thieves
51.Cute Is What We Aim For
Nov 18 2010, 2:59 di thisisahiijack1. This is a journal containing bands and albums I have recordings from on my computer. Though I try to support local music as best as I can by attending shows and buying albums, not all of this music I am in direct physical possession of through purchase.
2. Not all of the bands below are directly from the KC/Lawrence area. Other cities and towns I keep in this collection are Topeka, KS, Columbia, MO, Wichita, KS, Warrensburg, MO, Manhattan, KS, and a few other, more rural areas of the region. Essentially, it contains everything east of and including Wichita in Kansas, and everything west of and including Columbia in Missouri.
3. In addition to the previous point, you will notice that not all of the bands here are current residents of the region. Many bands (Mates of State, White Rabbits, etc.) unfortunately decided to move away to a larger metro area. Others (The Appleseed Cast, Namelessnumberheadman), were started in different regions and then relocated here at some point, usually early in their career. …
Lug 23 2010, 10:30 di Patent_PendingStep 1: Put your media player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 30 songs that play.
Step 3: Bold out the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own!
1. I was drunk as hell with a friend way back down by Scotts Addition off a mainline track
2. You tattoo the failures on, onto your length of arm.
3. I awoke only to find my lungs empty
4. Naked and retched and retching on a hotel bathroom floor, somewhere in the City - Imperfect Tense
5. I still sit on the same white porch down the street
6. So I've been sleeping with this silence in my mind - Hospital
7. Throw away the radio, suitcase, keeps you awake
8. A streetlight, the old fashioned kind
9. Dress, dress me down, I don't mind Leave me to my insides - Castling
10. Silence is empty, filled with breaths from mouths that never move no more
Lug 21 2010, 22:35 di neeshhttp://den.athousandtorches.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/l_5200cb47d58cf58cf98258dae2d32b9e-225x300.jpg
Fred Mascherino is rocking harder than ever these days. The accomplished musician is mostly known for his tenure in Taking Back Sunday from 2003-2007 as lead guitarist and co-vocalist while the band was at the height of their game (2004′s Where You Want to Be [Victory Records] debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts and Louder Now [Warner Bros. Records] earned the band all sorts of appearances- like one in an episode of Degrassi that was named after the first track of the record)… but Fred has been making music for far longer than that stint. He was in the Pennsylvanian band, Brody, from 1992-1999 and then in the trio Breaking Pangaea, which eventually got signed to EQUAL VISION RECORDS. In 2003 Fred saw the first release of a solo song, “Heading Back East,” under the moniker “Basic Design.”
Lug 16 2010, 22:06 di liltimmeo
Mar 24 2010, 20:53 di alkalinemftrioFirst, make a list of your top-20 artists overall. Then, for each of these artists, add the 8 most similar artists to your list. Delete any duplicates, count up the number of entries on your list and this will give you some idea of how eclectic your listening habits are. A score of 9 represents an extremely unvaried musical taste while a 160 represents an extremely varied one.
1. Alkaline Trio
The Lawrence Arms
One Man Army
Hot Water Music
The Bouncing Souls
The Gaslight Anthem
2. A Wilhelm Scream
This Is A Standoff
Much The Same
3. The Lawrence Arms
Dead to Me
None More Black
4. Strung Out
A Wilhelm Scream
Feb 8 2010, 14:59 di SI_FailedMixtape Vol. VII – Not Quite Punk
It’s been a while since the last tape, but who’s counting?
I like “punk music” (I think?) And so by default I should like some things that sound punk, but I don’t always. So here are some bands that I’ve always considered “punk” bands despite the fact that they don’t sound or look like the generic punk. I was tempted to chuck in stuff like Oingo Boingo, The Cramps, Communiqué even Cold Cave for some reason, stuff that have/has/had ties to punk but haven’t been co-oped and exist in their own right.
But this tape came mainly from my favouritism for the Replacement’s sound and everything in-between.
01. The Replacements – Alex Chilton
02. Guided by Voices – Unleashed! The Large Hearted Boy
03. Husker Du – Green Eyes
04. The Pixies – Here Comes Your Man
05. The Lemonheads – Luka (Suzanne Vega cover)
06. The Posies – What Little Remains
07. Violent Femmes – Kiss Off
08. The Gun Club – Black Train
Dic 31 2009, 15:42 di halfapersonaWrite the top 20 artists of the year from your last.fm page. Then write the first song you heard, what song made you love them, and current favorite song.
1. The New Amsterdams
First: The Spoils Of The Spoiled
Love: When We Two Parted
Favorite: Without A Sound (Eleanor)
2. Black Kids
First: I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
Love: I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
Favorite: I've Underestimated My Charm (Again)
3. Taking Back Sunday
First: Cute Without The 'E' (Cut From The Team)
Love: This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know)
4. The Boy Least Likely To
Love: Paper Cuts
Favorite: The Boy Least Likely To Is A Machine
5. Shout Out Louds
First: Very Loud
Love: Very Loud
Favorite: You Are Dreaming
First: Crewing Gum
Favorite: Songs Remind Me Of You
7. The Beatles
First: I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Love: Hey Jude
Favorite: Penny Lane