Apr 22 2015, 1:58 di Liquid_Ghost
Dic 8 2010, 6:15 di fakeheadAccording to ME...!!!
10. Turning Japanese (June 1980)
9. Could You Be Loved (June 1980)
8.Generals And Majors (Aug 1980)
7. Xanadu (Aug 1980)
6. It's Still Rock and Roll to Me (July 1980)
5. I Can't Tell You Why (Feb 1980)
4. Woman in Love (Sept 1980)
3. Enola Gay (Sept 1980)
2. Sisters of the Moon (June 1980)
1. (Just Like) Starting Over (Oct 1980)
Happy House (March 1980)
Totally Wired (Sept 1980)
Atomic (Feb 1980)
The Winner Takes It All (July 1980)
Requiem (Sept 1980)
Mirror in the Bathroom (May 1980)
The Rose (May 1980)
Apr 21 2010, 17:50 di superzwiebel1 Lacrimosa
3 Otto Dix
4 Brian Eno
7 Joy Division
9 Patrick Wolf
11 Nick Drake
12 Fad Gadget
13 Dalek I
14 Final Fantasy
17 Frank Klepacki
18 Cocteau Twins
22 Emilie Autumn
23 Klaus Nomi
24 The Knife
25 Antony and the Johnsons
26 Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
29 The Yellow Monkey
1. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
'Gothic Lolita'. Wasn't impressed with it at first, though, until someone reintroduced me to her music. Now I think Ms. Autumn is fabulous!
2. How many albums by 17 do you own?
Two on CD, and I've also got two more on my computer.
Mar 9 2010, 19:33 di Tylky
Mar 9 2010, 19:32 di Tylky
Feb 14 2010, 22:58 di TylkyPLAYLIST NAME: High On A Happy Vibe
Meaning: A playlist full of songs both new and old, which are bound to cheer you up. Perfect for Valentines day, this has a very eclectic mix of both Dance and Rock from back in the day to today.
1. The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star (1979)
2. Aqua - Back to the 80's (2009)
3. Ray & Anita - In Da Name Of Love (2010)
4. JX - There's Nothing I Won't Do (1996)
5. DJ Miko - What's Up (1994)
6. Gloworm - Carry Me Home (1994)
7. Interactive - Forever Young (1996)
8. Urban Cookie Collective - Feels Like Heaven (1993)
9. MC Sar & The Real McCoy - Another Night (1994)
10. M People - One Night in Heaven (1993)
11. Orchestral Manoevres In The Dark - Enola Gay (1980)
12. Rex the Dog - Bubblicious (2008)
13. Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need Is a Miracle '96 (1996)
14. Furniture - Brilliant Mind (1986)
15. Yello - Oh Yeah (1985)
16. Animotion - Obsession (1985)
17. Kajagoogoo - Big Apple (1983)
18. Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes (1981)
19. Divinyls - I Touch Myself (1990)
Dic 12 2009, 16:38 di fernbom
Nov 27 2009, 0:14 di RissanThu 26 Nov – Simple Minds, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
An evening of music of two bands I follow since the early eigthies. I became interested in the Simple Minds with the release of album artist=Simple Minds]New Gold Dream[/album] in 1982, and already knew Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark with their great album Architectury And Morality, which are both albums that I count in my list of top albums if the eigthies.
So it wasn't hard for me to get some tickets, when I learned during the Lokeren Festival, where Simple Minds performed with Ultravox, another great eigthies band, that Simple Minds would return to mainland Europe with Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark as their secial guests.
At half past seven Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark took of with a setlist mainly filled with singles. It was nice to see the band again after a two hiatus, at least for me. They are working hard on a new album for a release in late 2010, but meanwhile it was a nice surprise to see them on stage again although only for an hour.
Ago 2 2009, 22:03 di kahht
Giu 22 2009, 11:12 di EdwardHOn Saturday 20 June 2009 the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra (RLPO) played together with Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) at the Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool. It was the first time that OMD played a full concert with an orchestra. In 2006 the band played a few songs at the Night of the Proms concerts. Well, not the entire band, just frontmen Andy McCluskey and Paul Humphreys. Also this night the other band members Martin Cooper and Malcolm Holmes were not on stage, but I saw Cooper in the audience.
The concert last Saturday night was special: not only was OMD playing with the RLPO, but it was also the first live performance of the "Energy Suite". The "Energy Suite" is actually an installation project, created by McCluskey (sounds and music) together with Peter Saville (graphic designer) and video artist Hambi Haralambous (years ago he fronted Hambi And The Dance). Stuart Kershaw (OMD Mk2 member), helped McCluskey on the "nuclear" and "coal" parts. …