The band was named after the English revolutionary army of Oliver Cromwell. Led by guitarist / vocalist, Justin Sullivan (who performed briefly under the name ‘Slade The Leveller’ in the early 1980s), the group has an extremely loyal, global, multi-generational cult following called The Family. The band has also collaborated with electric violinist Ed Alleyne-Johnson, who worked with them on their Top 40 single “Vagabonds”, and their albums Thunder & Consolation and Impurity, as well as touring extensively with them for five years. New Model Army frequently tour with more than five band members.
The group also tours as ‘Justin Sullivan and Friends’, which means a more acoustic set without some players (which ones varies), and is linked to Red Sky Coven, in which Justin Sullivan also plays. In early 2003, Sullivan released Navigating By The Stars, a solo album recorded with other band members and featuring Michael Dean on drums, Dean White on guitar and keyboards, Danny Thompson on double bass, and Mark Feltham on harmonica.
After a short tour at the end of 2004, the group returned to the studio to record their ninth studio album, Carnival. EMI recently released a couple of remixed earlier albums. As the band themselves say it: “Although there is nothing new within the packages they have been very sympathetically re-packed and remastered and do sound very, very good.”
The next studio album entitled ‘High’ has been recorded and mixed, and is due for release on August 20th 2007 (August 21st in North America).
In 2004 their one-time drummer and founding member, Robert Heaton, died of pancreatic cancer.
One of their other members, Ricky Warwick went on to form The Almighty.
Years active: 1980–present
* Vengeance - The Independent Story (1984)
* No Rest For The Wicked (1985)
* The Ghost Of Cain (1986)
* Thunder & Consolation (1989)
* Impurity (1990)
* The Love Of Hopeless Causes (1993)
* Strange Brotherhood (1998)
* Eight (2000)
* Carnival (2005)
* High (Due for release - summer 2007)
* Raw Melody Men (1991)
* BBC Radio One Live In Concert (1990)
* Big Guitars in Little Europe - Justin Sullivan/Dave Blomberg (1999)
* All Of This – The “Live” Rarities (1999)
* …& Nobody Else (1999)
* Radio Sessions 83-84 (1985)
* B Sides And Abandoned Tracks (1994)
* Small Town England (1997)
* History - The Singles 85-91 (1992)
* New Model Army 3 x CD (2000)
* History – The Best of New Model Army (2001)
* The Best (2001)
* Lost Songs (2002)
* Great Expectations – The Singles Collection (2003)
* Original 20 (2004)
* The Collection (2004)
* “Adrenalin” (1986)
* “Lights Go Out” and “Poison Street” (Extended Mixes) (1987)
* “New Model Army” (1987)
Autore modifica: DjUtku (data: Lug 25 2007, 3:03)
Solo gli utenti registrati possono modificare questa pagina. Registrati ora, è gratuito e potrai scoprire nuova musica davvero eccezionale :)
Tutti i contenuti forniti dagli utenti su questa pagina sono disponibili in base ai termini della licenza Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike.
I contenuti potrebbero essere concessi in licenza anche in base ai termini della GNU Free Documentation License.
Generati da informazioni formattate nella wiki.
Nessuna informazione su questo artista
Puoi anche visualizzare un elenco di tutte le modifiche recenti alle wiki.
Da altre fonti.