Set 6 2014, 5:48 di JuniorMcCartney
Lug 6 2014, 23:17 di lyle_catcliffe
Mag 10 2013, 12:00 di RadioKaKaSee also: Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of all time (2012 Edition)
Rank (2010/E) (NEW or not compared to the 2004/E) Year Artist – Song (from which album if it's also on the list of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of all time)
1 1965 Bob Dylan – Like a Rolling Stone, from Highway 61 Revisited
2 1965 The Rolling Stones – (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, from Out of Our Heads
3 1971 John Lennon – Imagine, from Imagine
4 1971 Marvin Gaye – What's Going On, from What's Going On
5 1967 Aretha Franklin – Respect, from I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You
6 1966 The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations, from Smile
7 1958 Chuck Berry – Johnny B. Goode, from The Great Twenty-Eight
8 1968 The Beatles – Hey Jude
9 1991 Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit, from Nevermind
10 1959 Ray Charles – What'd I Say, from The Birth of Soul: The Complete Atlantic Rhythm and Blues Recordings 1952-1959
11 1965 The Who – My Generation, from My Generation
Gen 1 2013, 20:21 di labvakarDziesmas
1. Train - Meet Virginia (1998) - 37 reizes
2. Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks (2011) - 28x
3. The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten (2012) - 21x
4. Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know (2011) - 20x
5. The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet (1978) - 19x
6. The Cure - Friday I'm in Love (1992) - 19x
7. Viktors Lapčenoks - Nu ko tad - 19x
8. Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire (1984) - 18x
9. Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus (2001) - 18x
10. The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream (1958) - 18x
11. The Rolling Stones - I Got the Blues (1971) - 18x
12. Billy Bragg & Wilco - California Stars (1998) - 18x
13. Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's (1994) - 17x
14. Train - 50 Ways to Say Goodbye (2012) - 17x
15. Buddy Holly - Oh, Boy! (1958) - 16x
16. The Jesus and Mary Chain - April Skies (1987) - 16x
17. The Lumineers - Ho Hey (2012) - 16x
18. M83 - Reunion (2011) - 16x
19. Matchbox Twenty - She's So Mean (2012) - 16x
Gen 1 2013, 5:27 di CioffDogg1/15:
Island of Lost Minds (CD)
Close to the Edge (CD)
Babel (Gentlemen Of The Road Edition) (CD)
American Beauty (Digital Download - Album)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Digital Download - Song)
People, Hell and Angels (CD)
Welcome Oblivion (CD)
The Next Day (CD)
So She (Bonus Track) (Digital Download - Song)
Plan (Bonus Track) (Digital Download - Song)
I'll Take You There (Bonus Track) (Digital Download - Song)
Blonde on Blonde (Digital Download - Album)
All That For This (CD)
Rising Force (Record)
Back in Black (Record)
Physical Graffiti (Record)
Get Your Wings (Record)
Cat Scratch Fever (Record)
Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II (Record)
Against the Wind (Record)
Heavy Metal (Record)
Screaming for Vengeance (Record)
Honky Château (Record)
Mag 2 2012, 3:28 di RadioKaKaSee also: Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of all time (2010 Edition)
Rank (2012/E) Year Artist – Album (featuring the highest-ranking track on the list of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of all time, if it includes)
1 1967 The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, featuring "A Day in the Life"
2 1966 The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds, featuring "God Only Knows"
3 1966 The Beatles – Revolver, featuring "Eleanor Rigby"
4 1965 Bob Dylan – Highway 61 Revisited, featuring "Like a Rolling Stone"
5 1965 The Beatles – Rubber Soul, featuring "In My Life"
6 1971 Marvin Gaye – What's Going On, featuring "What's Going On"
7 1972 The Rolling Stones – Exile on Main Street, featuring "Tumbling Dice"
8 1979 The Clash – London Calling, featuring "London Calling"
9 1966 Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde, featuring "Just Like a Woman"
10 1968 The Beatles – The Beatles, featuring "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Mar 31 2012, 14:44 di chrisjon89Only one album per artist again. This takes a deceptively long amount of time.
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
People have been singing the praises of this album to me forever, and what little I'd heard I loved. But that only included God Only Knows and Wouldn't It Be Nice, and a select few stop/start takes off the Complete Pet Sounds boxset release from a few years back.
So my impression was still that they were predominantly a surf/girls/cars themed pop group with a liking for vocal harmonies (which is not a bad thing at all - I love that stuff too). 23 years pass and I finally listened to this album in its entirety and was blown away to an extent that happens very rarely. The vibe was the polar opposite to what I expected too. I find it extremely depressing, but essential listening. The production is enthralling, but you could strip all of the bells and whistles away (literally) and perform these songs with a lone guitar or piano and they'd still resonate…
Feb 9 2012, 1:17 di CioffDogg
Gen 1 2012, 18:03 di labvakarDziesmas
1. Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus (2001) - 42 reizes
2. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) (1997) - 40x
3. The Naked and Famous - Young Blood (2010) - 33x
4. The Cure - Friday I'm in Love (1992) - 29x
5. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound (2008) - 28x
6. The Lonely Island - Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton) (2011) - 27x
7. Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (2011) - 27x
8. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (1975) - 26x
9. Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (1984) - 26x
10. TV on the Radio - Will Do (2011) - 26x
11. Mr. Mister - Broken Wings (1985) - 25x
12. Pink Floyd - Mother (1979) - 24x
13. blink-182 - Dammit (1997) - 24x
14. Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson and Clover (1968) - 23x
15. blink-182 - Down (2003) - 23x
16. Cut Copy - Need You Now (2011) - 23x
17. De La Soul - The Magic Number (1989) - 22x
18.The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (1966) - 22x
19. Modern English - I Melt with You (1982) - 22x
Ott 31 2011, 0:37 di PorridgeGunViolator
Shoes Off And Chairs Away
Music For Thomas Carnacki
Lost in the Glare
Born in the U.S.A.
Tunnel of Love