Dic 1 2009, 10:17 di CrazyDisaster
Mar 20 2009, 17:00 di superunknown62
Feb 15 2007, 4:44 di stupidfatmouse
Gen 18 2007, 6:36 di BlenderChildhere it is, the moment you have all been waiting for. my lists for 2006!
top 10 albums:
8. First Impressions of Earth
6. A Matter of Life and Death
5. Death By Sexy
4. Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain
3. Powder Burns
2. Pearl Jam (shocking, i know)
1. Black Holes and Revelations (even more shocking!)
top 5 songs:
5. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
4. Back To The Start
2. Wide Awake
1. Knights of Cydonia
top 5 guitar solos:
5. Severed Hand
3. One And The Same
2. The Legacy
1. Vision of Division
5 biggest musical tragedies:
5. The Eraser bored me. i almost cried.
4. Hump de Bump was written.
3. a tie. firstly, the twilight singers did not come to seattle with Mark Lanegan. and secondofly, mark lanegan does not appear on "powder burns" (though he did show up on A Stitch In Time (EP), which almost made up for it).
Set 19 2006, 23:24 di SauvikRevelations
Rating [ 8 / 10 ]
This album lacks the sound of Rage Against the Machine on the eponymous debut album or that of Soundgarden on Out of Exile. This album sounds like Audioslave!!! Tom Morello's riffs are strong and heavy, Chris Cornell sounds awsome and Brad and Tim keep the groove rolling.
The best part of this album is the songwriting. The lyrics and song structuring is beautifully done and is definitely outstanding. "Original Fire", "Revelations", "Wide Awake" and "Moth" are stand-out tracks of this album.
Secondly, the album hasn't been overproduced like the recent alternative albums. Hence it imparts a certain organic feel to the songs.
On the other hand, although Morello's guitar solos sound imressive, but at times things get a bit overboard. For instance, the solo on "Original Fire" sounds like a rooster being choked to death.
Overall the album is definitely worth buying. …