the going gets dark

• the going gets dark

the new cd is not bad. im glad it exists. its there to listen to and enjoy but im sad to say i was kind of disappointed overall... i enjoy the piano and the heaviness of it all but it doesnt quasi's charm isnt there. well hell everyone complains about hot shit and i fucking loved it so why listen to me.

• ewanhale ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 30 2006, 19:21
    Beyond The Sky drags a bit and Presto Change-O is pointless, but the rest is pretty great as a whole. Certainly a grower. And for the record, Hot Shit is fucking Grade A.

• Leon_C ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 14 2006, 7:56
    You can certainly tell from the outset in the first few seconds of Alice the Goon that it's been recorded and mixed by professionals, Dave Fridmann's input is certainly noticeable. I think it gives a different depth to the music, but they sound like they're drifting away from their own sound a little. And yes, Hot Shit is indeed repeated-high-5-worthy.

• i actually think it sounds a bit like what the next elliott smith album might have sounded like according to what elliott said that he was experimenting with a lot of noise lately.
    well, it might sound weird, but that was my first thought while listening to "when the going gets dark"
    i also think it's super awesome and the new heaviness matches sam coomes' dismal lyrics perfectly.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.