i'd like to get into noise...

• bbblood ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 24 2010, 9:45
    gkmy said:
    bbblood said:
    Yeah when I was younger I was obsessed with the Hanatarash pictures of eye driving that JCB into the club. That made me listen to them

Wow, there are pictures of this? Could you please provide a link?

Here

• gkmy ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 24 2010, 14:19
    Awesome, many thanks

• [spam]

[spam]

Modificato da hjbardenhagen in data Gen 28 2011, 6:38
  • who is wolf eyes?

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2011, 14:38
    If you don't mind dodgy nationalist politics you could do a lot worse than listening to Genocide Lolita. Some of his stuff is surprisingly catchy.

tinnitustimulus said:
    who is wolf eyes?

A pretty nice noise band from Michigan. Their discography is so large as to be silly :p

• i heard he had a jewish gf, and not tesco jane either...

not like i would care, but irony is always relevant

• Utente
    • Feb 24 2011, 21:53
    tinnitustimulus said:
    i heard he had a jewish gf, and not tesco jane either...

not like i would care, but irony is always relevant

I've always suspected he is the Anal Cunt of power electronics.

• Utente
    • Mar 5 2011, 18:12

Klezmer

What does that project sound like? I remember hearing some tracks on Myspace that were just a bunch of samples patched together and maybe some industrial drones behind them. Sometimes it seems like these "sincere" racist power electronics acts are even more dependent on the shock value of the message to get their music heard than the blatantly satirical ones. Maybe Genocide Lolita deserves a second listening?

• Utente
    • Mar 11 2011, 10:13

Re: Klezmer

xenopeckii said:
    What does that project sound like? I remember hearing some tracks on Myspace that were just a bunch of samples patched together and maybe some industrial drones behind them. Sometimes it seems like these "sincere" racist power electronics acts are even more dependent on the shock value of the message to get their music heard than the blatantly satirical ones. Maybe Genocide Lolita deserves a second listening?

To be brutally honest you might of had it down on the first listen...

My taste in music is admittedly odd, my interest in some of the more politically dodgy noise acts out there don't reflect my own poncey left-wing views at all. Genocide Lolita doesn't make particularly intelligent or well made noise but it perversely catchy and some of the vocal distortions are lovely.

I'd use the term "gloriously amateurish" which depending on your sentiments will either fill you with joy or unrelenting hate :p I love the mans music but laugh at his adorable politics. Assuming it isn't all a massive piss take I can easily seperate the idealogy from the production. I think about very different things when listening to that sort of music.

I've always prefered music that badly played ;)

• Utente
    • Mar 12 2011, 7:49
    We need a Klezmer thread where intelligent discussion about white power music is interspersed with footage of actual klezmer performances.

How long did it take you to find a video with a skinhead and a klezmer band.

• Utente
    • Mar 13 2011, 18:30
    xenopeckii said:
    We need a Klezmer thread where intelligent discussion about white power music is interspersed with footage of actual klezmer performances.

How long did it take you to find a video with a skinhead and a klezmer band.

I've always briefly considered making one on an appropiate group but I decided against it. I'm terrified it'll attract both the far left and far right like Neds to a bottle of buckfast.

• Utente
    • Mag 5 2011, 22:02
    if u want to get into noise.. try Gulity Connector. if its to harsh, try Hanatarash. if u no like, go to noise rock bands like Lightning Bolt or Health. if u dont like those, then u wont like noise. :P

• brya1290 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 8 2011, 20:13

Some Reckage...

'Sheer Hellish Miasma' by Kevin Drumm is the absolute daddy of noise recordings for me, although 'Pinkream', '1930' and 'Collapse 12 Floors'by Merzbow come reasonably close.

Also check out some stuff by Daniel Menche, particularly 'Beast Resonator', 'Deluge and Sunder' and 'Sirocco'.

Wolf Eyes are great from the easy listening end of the spectrum, and Vomir is interesting at the other end ('wall noise', hour long static workouts famed for not altering over their entire length).

Saw a couple of acts at Supersonic 2010 that are worth checking out too, Demons (WE offshoot), KK Null & Lash Frenzy and Cloaks (static marshalled into a dubstep stylee - seriously, check them out, they're pretty good).

Muslimgauze's later recordings had enough amp abuse to be considered honorary noise - best of the bunchin that vein being 'Hussein Mahmood Jeeb Tehar Gass', 'Dar Es Salaam', 'Sufiq' and 'Iranair Inflight Magazine'.

MuslimgauzeKevin DrummMerzbowDaniel MencheWolf EyesDemonsNate YoungKK NullLash FrenzyDemonsCloaksVomir

LAST NIGHT A DJ RAPED MY WIFE
    • Utente
    • Mag 18 2011, 17:47
    said:
    if u want to get into noise.. try Gulity Connector. if its to harsh, try Hanatarash. if u no like, go to noise rock bands like Lightning Bolt or Health. if u dont like those, then u wont like noise. :P
    Yes, let's recommend people noise rock when they ask for noise.

No wonder you see people calling Lightning Bolt, and whatnot, noise.

• I'm probably a bit late to help the OP (several years late (・_・;) ) but heres a few acts i've come to enjoy lately.

SEAL TEAM 666
    Disk-3
    Kylie Minoise
    Government Alpha

Pretty feeble efforon my part, i'm fully aware. Sorry folks.

• downe rcow

• Netlabels are the way to go. Plenty of free music, made by people who actually care about music. Today I'm listening to "Loud Listening" from the always impressive Cronica netlabel - link - more field recordings than noise per se, but gets you in the mood! :-)

• some amateur noise?

Arabhorse . Mic Morose / Kroakers

∙♥♦♠

~~Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile....beneath another shovel load~~
  • Noissse

I'd recommend Nurse With Wound for noise, also listen to Meredith Monk's exploration of voice, I think that could be considered.

Be free with your expression, in whatever your individual journey may be.
  • Origins.

Before anything, try Luigi Russolo. Seriously.

Be free with your expression, in whatever your individual journey may be.
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.