Thoughts On The Lovester!!

• Thoughts On The Lovester!!

He's a man for all ages, his dance moves haven't aged a day since the 60's, songs like 'Still Surfin' 'Summer of Love' And 'Summer in Paradise ' are still..if more so relevant since there release

What a Man

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 30 2008, 13:07
    I liked his beard in the 70's, and his whacky clothing choices. It makes me laugh so hard, I almost cry. He isn't my favourite, but it's hard to hate the man...

His stage presence is also really, really hilarious. I got the Beach Boys lost concert DVD and he is so lame, but in a good way... you know?

• sunnygirlfriend said:
    I liked his beard in the 70's, and his whacky clothing choices. It makes me laugh so hard, I almost cry. He isn't my favourite, but it's hard to hate the man...

His stage presence is also really, really hilarious. I got the Beach Boys lost concert DVD and he is so lame, but in a good way... you know?

Oh no doubt, his dance movies during 'Long Tall Texan'...What a laugh riot

• OMG, aren't you guys soooo excited about his latest solo offering, "Mike Love Not War"? It's unfortunate that he hasn't found a label willing to release it, but keep your fingers crossed!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
    -Albert Schweitzer
  • I always thought he should of done a spin off of The Beach Boys 'Love You' called Mike Love 'Love's You'

• Utente
    • Apr 4 2008, 16:45
    Mike Love Not War is the best album title ever. Period.

• It's a funny albeit unoriginal title (there was a 1992 BB bootleg of the same name!)

-Albert Schweitzer
    Modificato da Pi_Puppids in data Mag 16 2008, 19:58
    • Utente
    • Apr 6 2008, 10:12
    Well would you expect anything original to come from Mike Love? I don't think so. Heeehehehe

• he hasn't aged a day since the 60's because he looked like he was 65 then too.

i am addicted to mcguinn's jingle-jangle
    play my cat some music.
    say hello to friends you know and everyone you meet.
    the funk of 40,000 years
    blush and bashful
    i'm a pie. you're a cake.
  • young_wives said:
    I always thought he should of done a spin off of The Beach Boys 'Love You' called Mike Love 'Love's You'

that is an AWESOME idea! mike love should cover 'love you'. it could possible be the greatest album ever.

play my cat some music.
    the funk of 40,000 years
    blush and bashful
    • Utente
    • Apr 26 2008, 1:39
    LOL, he should do it and add the word Kokomo to ever song title.

Airplane to Kokomo
    Kokomo a Ding Dang
    Good Time in Komomo
    Honkin' Down The Highway To Kokomo
    I'll Bet He's Nicer in Kokomo
    I Wanna Pick You Up and Take You To Kokomo
    Johnny Carson Loves Kokomo
    Let Us Go On This Way To Kokomo
    Let's Put Our Hearts Together in Kokomo
    Love Is A Woman From Kokomo
    Mona-komo
    The Night Was Young so We Went To Kokomo
    Kokomo & The Rollerskating Child
    Kokomo's the best place in the Solar System.

It would be a smash hit, think about it.

• omg rhiannon, that is so genius!

play my cat some music.
    the funk of 40,000 years
    blush and bashful
    • Utente
    • Mag 1 2008, 5:09
    I would suggest it to ML, but he would probably sue me for using the word Kokomo on a public forum.

• sunnygirlfriend said:
    LOL, he should do it and add the word Kokomo to ever song title.

Airplane to Kokomo
    Kokomo a Ding Dang
    Good Time in Komomo
    Honkin' Down The Highway To Kokomo
    I'll Bet He's Nicer in Kokomo
    I Wanna Pick You Up and Take You To Kokomo
    Johnny Carson Loves Kokomo
    Let Us Go On This Way To Kokomo
    Let's Put Our Hearts Together in Kokomo
    Love Is A Woman From Kokomo
    Mona-komo
    The Night Was Young so We Went To Kokomo
    Kokomo & The Rollerskating Child
    Kokomo's the best place in the Solar System.

It would be a smash hit, think about it.

Stuff like that, makes this the best group ever!!

• ML to me, exemplifies a lyrical genius. Without him, Brian Wilson was nothing.

LOLLL@ all the kokomo song titles. That song is dead to me, I will not listen to it. Ever.

• I occasionally get a hankering for Kokomo, but can only handle it in small doses. Don't want to experience a schmaltz overdose!

LOL at the 'Mike Love Loves You' song titles. And yes, you're right Sessions_please, people are always Brian this, Brian that. The Lovester's and John Stamos' contributions to the legacy of the BB are woefully overlooked.

-Albert Schweitzer
  • I love how John Stamos' actual voice sounds like Kermit the Frog. He used a deeper "studlier" voice for Uncle Jesse on Full House and on ER, but when he speaks in interviews it is like an octave higher.

I want to see a picture of Mike Love's daughter Shawn. I have looked everywhere, no luck. That whole thing with Dennis and Mike Love's daughter fascinates me- I love how pissed off Mike must have been. Dennis would have made a terrific addition to this group ;)

• What a great way to get revenge--marry and have a child with Mike's illegitimate daughter so he'd have to face up to his misdeed of disowning her so many years ago. Still, the age gap between Dennis and Shawn is a tad unsettling methinks...

-Albert Schweitzer
    • Utente
    • Mag 19 2008, 2:22
    Those Wilson brothers LIKED THEM YOUNG I tell you!

• Pi_Puppids said:
    What a great way to get revenge--marry and have a child with Mike's illegitimate daughter so he'd have to face up to his misdeed of disowning her so many years ago. Still, the age gap between Dennis and Shawn is a tad unsettling methinks...

Genius. Yeah she was soooo much younger, but as Rhi says, they often robbed the cradle, the Wilsons.

• The Lovester would be proud of this snazzy new mug!

I hope you like it. I actually want to send this design to the MFLC. I think it really conveys what Mike Love is all about--babes, beaches, and bread!

-Albert Schweitzer
  • HAHAAAAHAHA, that is the funniest thing, ever! Renu FTW. I would love to see that submitted to the MLFC and to read their reply!

• Utente
    • Mag 20 2008, 11:59
    THAT IS THE BEST MUG EVER. I WILL BUY 10.
    nothing says ML like that Mug, I want to send them to the man himself, he would love the ladies!

• Re: The Lovester would be proud of this snazzy new mug!

Pi_Puppids said:

I hope you like it. I actually want to send this design to the MFLC. I think it really conveys what Mike Love is all about--babes, beaches, and bread!

'keeping the formula unfcked' haha, clasic

• No joke, I emailed the design to the president of the MLFC. If I receive a reply, I will post it here!

Sara, design a mug with a wedding ring being slipped into a pocket, with the caption "Who says you can't have more than one!" and send it to the MLFC! I'd love to read their reply.

-Albert Schweitzer
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.