Welcome new members!

• adnolows ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 12 2007, 23:37

Hello

I like rock, metal and some metal ballads.

• Metal ballads?
    Oh god, ew.

[I am not an opinionated bitch!]

That was then, this is dumb.
    • annamann ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2007, 13:51
    salut tout le monde!

ok, i'm not french, i just went with the flow. :P anyways, i'm mostly into metal and alternative rock and actually quite a lot of things, but NOT pop (e.g. R'n'B, hip-hop, dance, etc). this community is a relief - i'm glad to see that emo isn't taking over the world.

• Korn, Muse, Slipknot, System of a Down...tell me again how you don't listen to pop?

• annamann ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 15 2007, 11:28
    well, i did explain what i meant by pop music.. that's pop as in most of the stuff on mtv. think cheesy boy bands, christina aguilera, usher, p.diddy, etc. i know that the term 'pop' is lately associated with other kinds of music, but for me it still means the stuff i mentioned before. happy?

(btw, i'm not criticising anyone who does listen to those artists.)

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 16 2007, 4:06
    (Tom defines "pop" as anything with a hook. He's crazy like that.)

Me, I have a pretty broad—but not THAT broad—definition of pop, too, only I usually define it as any melodic, lighthearted, usually guitar-based music. Hence, the group I helped curate, Real Pop, Not Teenybop!

• Yay for my group! ^_^
    But uh, pop is indeed pretty general. Most people I think have odd definitions. Thankfully, most pop bands are not as terrible as the ones that you just mentioned.

• annamann ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 24 2007, 22:28
    I suppose I'd find some other name for the bands you called 'pop bands'.. :P
    But ok, from now on ignore my definition of pop - I've made my point anyway and you get the idea. :)

• huh, well, I Like Nice Pop Songs, Lately I've Been Listening to electronic trashy shit, like Uffie, Electrocute, Chicks On Speed & The Knife, also some indie Latin artists such as Quiero Club!, Sonido Lasser Drakar & Nuuro.

Fuck off.
    • B19B3N ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 1 2007, 2:32
    Okay,
    I really like Britrock ( especially the Arctic Monkeys and Razorlight) and Metall ( System of a Down, Apocalyptica and the softer ones of Slipknot).

• LA2M ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 1 2007, 5:43
    Hey! I'm Laura and I'm new here. 8D

Some bands I like are Nirvana, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Broken Social Scene, Elliott Smith....

• Xerovan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 2 2007, 8:40
    Hello, i'm Grant and i've pretty much just joined. D=

I'm into lots of different kinds of music,Synthpop, lots of different types of rock, some metal, Dark electro, Darkwave, Industrial.

My favourite bands at the moment are: The Birthday Massacre, Neon Synthesis, The Smiths, The Cure, Shiny toy guns, The Damned, Grendel and God module. =)

I just had to kill alot of people!
  • hey

i mostly listen to punk rock and country
    ya =]

• You should listen to Uncle Tupelo and Meat Puppets, in that case. Unless you already do.

• i like meat puppets =]
    and...
    i checked out uncle tupelo, i liked them a lot
    thanks!

• Hello, I'm new here :)
    I like rock, gothic rock, trash metal, heavy metal, Black metal, power metal, progressive rock/metal, blues, films soundtracks, jazz and Classical music.

My favourite bands are Blind Guardian, XIII Stoleti, Iron Maiden, Joy Division , Black Sabbath and others. I also like bands from my country (Poland) like Behemoth, Kat or Turbo.

"Few creatures of the night have captured our imagination like vampires...
    What explains our enduring fascination with vampires?
    What is it about the vampire myth that explains our interest?
    Is it the overtones of sexual lust, power, control...
    Or is it a fascination with the immortality of the undead?
    And what dark and hidden parts of our psyche are aroused and captivated
    By the legends of the undead"
  • killerpeanut said:
    i mostly listen to punk rock and country
    ya =]

You have potential.
    =) Actually, there are enough people who have about 0 artists in common with me, so even if you didn't have potential I probably wouldn't care.

• Utente
    • Giu 9 2007, 10:04
    Hi! (: I'm new here...
    I listen a lots of genders of music. I like Classic Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock and Gothic Metal...
    My favourite band are Pink Floyd, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse and others artists that I don't write 'cause I'm very lazy today...
    Bye. :P

• Utente
    • Giu 9 2007, 16:19
    Hi, I just thought I'd give you a few tips about English grammar. I don't mean to sound patronizing—I know it can be hard to master. (I go through stuff like this every time I write French, so don't worry, you're not alone!)

First of all, it would be "I listen to a lot," and it's genres of music, not genders. Gender describes whether or not a person feels masculine or feminine.

Since you listed more than one band, it would be "favorite bands are"; "bands" would need to be pluralized. But if you only wanted one band, it would be "my favorite band is." Similarly, plurals need to agree, so it's "other artists." Your construction would be correct for a Romance language like your native tongue—I know that in French it'd be "autres artistes"—but in English "other" is hardly ever pluralized except when referring to a group of people like "the others." I understand it's complicated, please don't ask me why all this is so. Nobody really knows.

And one last thing: it'd probably be better to write "other artists that I won't write," since your action implies the future tense.

I understand that this must all be a little overwhelming to you, and English is very hard to learn. Good luck!

• :D

• MIR17 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 10 2007, 3:03
    Hello, I'm a troll who likes to spam message boards, I'll be seeing you around...

• I like a bit of everything. But I really love classic rock!! my fave bands are pink floyd,the beatles,jefferson airplane,the ramones,the doors, many from 60s,but recentrly im geting into techno and scandinavian music x)

• I like a variety of things. I listen to a lot of classic rock such as Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple. I listen to some metal, mainly Iron Maiden, and Ozzy Osbourne. I am also really into all sorts of jazz: big band, be-bop, hard bop, fusion etc. I also enjoy some musicals like Jesus Christ Superstar and RENT and I also listen to classical music. That's about it!

• Hello, I´m Simon and I've been reading through these forums for quite some time, and figured it'd be time to join now! My taste is quite diverse, I think. At the moment I'm more into a contemporary 'classical' period, but generally my favorite artists consist of Kayo Dot, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Elliott Smith, Lupen Crook, Slint, Kyuss, PJ Harvey, Tom Waits, etc. I guess I'm quite indie, hehe.

So, hello!

• I'm pretty sure you could get more cliche indie than Tom Waits and PJ Harvey, man. Hell, I'm more cliche indie than that.
    Anyway, welcome.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.