Do Green Day Count As Emo??

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 3 2006, 19:46

Do Green Day Count As Emo??

i guess their borderline emo, aren't they?

Well, i hate them sooooo msuch anyway

• They dress like emos, but I think they're more along the lines of really terrible punk. Which could be said about the genre of emo as well, so I guess they are borderline emo. For the most part I consider good punk dead. There are exceptions, but you know that when Green Day can become insanely popular that something has gone wrong.
    But yeah, they pretty much suck. It was a nice thought, trying to make a protest labum, but I would've respected it more if the music were any good.

• Yeah. Their protest album was good in concept but poorly executed.
    But. That's just cause none of them have any musical talent.

They're a puppy punk band.
    Emo and puppy punk are both poor children of punk rock.
    So... I'd say they're boarderline emo too.

"Who the shit is Kingsly Zissou?"
  • They were pop punk. In 12 years they have not changed ANYTHING about their music. It all sounds the exact same since Dookie. However, when American Idiot came out they started looking Hot Topic emo. why? so they could jump on the bandwagon and appeal to 12 year old blah blah blah. I forgot my point but they suck, and no, they are not real emo.

Domestic violence is wrong! And I like Cheerios!
  • Bah, to Greenday, bah I say!

• They arent emo, but just mainstream and annoying.
    and they wear more makeup then a girl going to a prom.
    just thinking about them makes me hate them even more.

• Utente
    • Ago 17 2006, 4:48
    I Guess They're Not
    They're Rock/Pop

I Dont' Know, Because I Hate Them!

• They're totally emu.

Everybody Loves Hypnotoad
  • They aren't exactly emo because they don't whine about why they hae their parents and want to die (at least not in the songsI've heard), but the same people that like emo seem to like Green Day. It's all a load of shit anyway!

• Gemeos ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 17 2006, 14:22
    buttgammon said:
    They aren't exactly emo because they don't whine about why they hae their parents and want to die (at least not in the songsI've heard), but the same people that like emo seem to like Green Day. It's all a load of shit anyway!

Check the lyrics for "When September ends" (lamest song of greenday) and jesus of suburbia (the videoclip is the whole concept of emo). Thats emo right. I mean they dress like emo and write emo songs so they are an emo band.
    Oh and emu is an animal :P

• Gemeos said:
    buttgammon said:
    They aren't exactly emo because they don't whine about why they hae their parents and want to die (at least not in the songsI've heard), but the same people that like emo seem to like Green Day. It's all a load of shit anyway!

Check the lyrics for "When September ends" (lamest song of greenday) and jesus of suburbia (the videoclip is the whole concept of emo). Thats emo right. I mean they dress like emo and write emo songs so they are an emo band.
    Oh and emu is an animal :P

Okay, I guess I've avoided most of their songsand music videos by turning my TV or radio off when anything Green Day related comes on, but it looks like they are pure emo. Or should that be pure shit? They do have the emo image, and I guess that's what the main thing is. Don't they dress in black shirts with red ties sometimes? It doesn't get much more emo than that! It's just that most of their music I have heard is the older stuff, and I must be the only person on Earth not to have heard anything off their American Idiot album except the title track.

• haha I used to love Green Day back in sixth grade. I didn't like American idiot, but I'm too scared to go listen to their old albums and ruin all my fond memories.
    I have to forgive them for being emo just because I had a ton of fun listening to them five years ago.

• They're very close to emo, but they masquarade as punks. Also similar to most emo bands, they pretty much release the same album over and over again, rarely changing much and churning out bubble gum pop and throwing in some punky guitars.

Dr. Gonzo: Let's give the boy a lift.
    Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country. -From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    • Utente
    • Ago 19 2006, 19:10
    They dress like emos, but they songs are pop, and i dont like them anymore, because so many people think how emo/punk they are...always "aaahhhh billy joe is so cute i luv green day"

• Utente
    • Ago 19 2006, 22:07
    flame2k said:
    They dress like emos, but they songs are pop, and i dont like them anymore, because so many people think how emo/punk they are...always "aaahhhh billy joe is so cute i luv green day"

UGGGHHHH. Of all the people who claim to like emo, the worst kind are the squealy fangirly types who find the ugly lead singers attractive. And of course, Gerard Way's fangirls are the worst of the worst.

I think Billie Joe looks like a pug.

• Senner ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 20 2006, 13:15
    It doesn't matter what they are, they're just plain terrible.

• CarsCat said:
    flame2k said:

UGGGHHHH. Of all the people who claim to like emo, the worst kind are the squealy fangirly types who find the ugly lead singers attractive. And of course, Gerard Way's fangirls are the worst of the worst.

I think Billie Joe looks like a pug.
    Also, I've found out that the dude sucks at guitar. I watched Green Day live on TV one day, and realised that they had some guitarist in the way back playing all the hard parts, while Billie Joel played two power chords and then danced around like a dead chicken. This wouldn't bother me so much if the band didn't go around calling themselves a trio. I dunno, but its not fair not to give some credit to the guy who can actually play his insturment.

Dr. Gonzo: Let's give the boy a lift.
    Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country. -From Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    • Utente
    • Ago 21 2006, 22:35
    Green Day is just an abomination towards music. Even more so nowadays.

• Utente
    • Ago 22 2006, 2:57
    Pop punk I'd say. Like Blink 182.

• Utente
    • Ago 22 2006, 3:36
    I wish I had faux-depressed, obessive, fangirls.

But really they suck. It is in the cards.

• pucchon ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 22 2006, 11:03
    they are not emo, but.. as an italian slang says, "mi fanno cadere le palle".
    traduction: they make my testicle fall
    they suck very much.

• NO

before american idiot, greenday was the best mainstream punk band ever. ALL of their stuff is good. american idiot is just a mistake. its good, but not the bands correct genre. its a step out of the punk shell. ill admit i hate american idiot, but it doesnt suck.

american idiot is like superman in a dress, its still superman, just different.

all of you that say there emo, and always sounded like shit are all ignorent and should expand their mind.

listen to bowling bowling bowling, parking parking.
    you wont be disappointed.

if none of you like punk, please remove yourself from this thread, theres just no point talking to other people about somthing that they never liked in the first place.

greenday doesnt/didnt suck, you do.

• Re: NO

guiding_lightpo said:
    before american idiot, greenday was the best mainstream punk band ever.

greenday doesnt/didnt suck, you do.

Really? Better than The Clash? Better than the Ramones? Better than the Sex Pistols? Have you even listened to punk made before 1990? If you did, you'd realize that Green Day is and always has been, an insipid, musically infantile band. Their 'punk' doesn't hold society accountable for its hypocrisy, it whines about how unfair it is. Tre Cool is far and away the best musician of the three, as he can actually play the drums worth a shit.

HOWEVER.

A concept album doesn't excuse the fact that they reworked their 'image' with guyliner, black clothes, and a fucking bleeding heart emblem, so these grown men could expand their 14-year-old fan base. That's the really pathetic bit. They've been playing for 11 years, kudos to them. But by 2012 they'll be fucking 40 years old; and they will still be going for the teenage demographic. What'll be next, a collaboration with T-Pain? Actually, that'd be a million times better than listening to the same 3-chord bullshit they played on Dookie only dressed up like a character from a Tim Burton movie... And calling a "concept album."

Fuck Green Day and fuck you for saying they're a "good" "punk" "band."

• Utente
    • Dic 6 2008, 15:06
    Yes, sorry.

• Utente
    • Dic 7 2008, 5:41
    Green Day are Metal

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.