Historical Charts

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2008, 15:47

Historical Charts

Historical charts = charts between arbitrary dates. See my journal post for information, wondered if anybody here had suggestions for extra features or improvements.

Feedback would be awesome.

• C26000 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2008, 2:39
    nice app, maybe you can make it a bit more user friendly ;) , a control for easily select the date would be a great addition.

another thing, what is its name? I need it for the link in the overview text. is it Historical Charts?

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2008, 15:05
    Go with historical charts. It's kinda dull but pretty self-explanatory.

I think it's pretty user-friendly - it's simple enough that there's not too much that can go wrong. I'm pretty busy with university work so I put the effort into making it work properly rather than looking fantastically swish.

And do you mean one of those little calendar box things that pops up to select a date? I never find them useful! Much prefer just typing it out.

• C26000 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2008, 15:17
    ok, historical charts then. I also think that typing the date is very convenient, but at least add somewhere the format that the date needs to be, so people don't have to guess what is it the first time they use the tool. other than that very good and useful tool.

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 26 2008, 20:28
    I'm disappointed to realise I used the word pretty three times in three sentences.

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 18 2008, 3:11
    The functionality was there already, but I added easy links to see charts from 3/6/12/24 months ago, and it updates your data automatically now rather than having to be done through newuser.php.

No more having to wait a month for LastFM to update your charts :-)

• C26000 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 18 2008, 3:42
    Nice new feature :), but isn't it supoused to fill the end date as well? or it's a bug with Ie7?

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 18 2008, 12:43
    If you don't specify an end date it just takes the date of newest chart data it has available for you. Assuming LastFM get their charts out on time that should be the previous Sunday, so only giving a start date that's three months in the past is enough to create charts for the previous three months.

ninja: and likewise, if you don't give a start date it just starts at the earliest date available.

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 20 2008, 21:03
    Updated it to make track and album charts too. Three times the functionality and a third less space used :D.

Oh and even better, it's now with old-style Last.fm colours!

Historical charts.

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 13 2008, 23:33
    Anybody know of a decent PHP graphing class out there? I want to (will eventually) do a decent version of something like this:

Google Charts is pretty but doesn't seem to do very well with so many data points. The one above is alright but it's just a bit .. wooden?

• m0nkiii ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 15 2008, 12:34
    I'm in the same situation.
    Google works with quite a lot points but not enough for some of my graphs.

Here's some graph I did over my last fm plays.
    If you look at the pictures address, you see there's quite many points.

• aradnuk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 16 2008, 22:34
    Huh. That's better than I was getting. I'll maybe take a look at what I might have been getting wrong.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.