Rate the top 5 overall artists

• Rate the top 5 overall artists

Since im the first I give myself 10/10

• 1. Primus - I like Primus, and their style, but only really select songs. Never really went apeshit over any of their albums.

2. Alice In Chains - Always used to avoid them due to their association with grunge, but I actually really enjoyed their music once I listened. Slightly psychedelic?

3. Pink Floyd - Used to be apeshit over them, now I just find them largely boring as hell. Still enjoy PatGoD, SoC, AHM, Meddle and Animals though.

4. Megadeth - I know shockingly little of the 'deth. Love everything I've heard except United Abomination though, and Rust In Peace is pretty much awesome. Better thrash bands out there though.

5. Lamb of God - Meh, I don't really dig them. Don't *hate* them - wouldn't exactly start moaning if someone started playing it - but I would never make a conscious effort to listen to them.

Overall... 7/10

• jowlis ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 29 2008, 14:33
    I'm not aware enough about N3croyeti's Top5 bands to judge, since Incubus is the only band I know well. However lately I've discovered Mr. Bungle and King Crimson and I pretty like them. I have recently started to listen more of progressive, experimental rock. Talking about Death - it's ok, but only ok. And Kyuss... I have no idea of what it is.
    So the score would be 7/10

• so i can't really rate you because I don't know any of the bands on the top 5 overall artists except everytime i die and i just dont like them. So its not fair for me to rate you.

• 1. Down - They're pretty damn cool. I love Crowbar and EyeHateGod more though, but the new cd kicked major fucking ass.
    2. Danzig - Not a fan. Have the first two albums and wasn't really impressed at all, only liked a few songs. (Mother, Twist of Cain, 777, She Rides etc)
    3. Pantera - I actually fucking loathe Pantera for several different reasons. VDoP was actually pretty decent though.
    4. The Doors - Fuck yeah Doors. Spent a lot of my teen years listening to (and getting stoned to) them. Still awesome today.
    5. Megadeth - <3 Rust in Peace FTW

6.5/10

• N3croyeti said:
    1. Down - They're pretty damn cool. I love Crowbar and EyeHateGod more though, but the new cd kicked major fucking ass.
    2. Danzig - Not a fan. Have the first two albums and wasn't really impressed at all, only liked a few songs. (Mother, Twist of Cain, 777, She Rides etc)
    3. Pantera - I actually fucking loathe Pantera for several different reasons. VDoP was actually pretty decent though.
    4. The Doors - Fuck yeah Doors. Spent a lot of my teen years listening to (and getting stoned to) them. Still awesome today.
    5. Megadeth - <3 Rust in Peace FTW

6.5/10

ahaha yea doors i did and once and a while still get stoned too

• Lociferx ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 11 2008, 12:45
    1. Down - Ugh. Not a fan to say the least. I'll leave it at that.
    2. Danzig - Not really a fan. Kind of the same deal with necro and Lamb of God, wouldn't really complain about hearing them but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen.
    3. Pantera - They're highly overrated, but I enjoy a bit of their stuff. VDoP and FBD specifically. I remember hearing FBD for the first time in 9th grade and being blown away.
    4. The Doors - What I've heard is pretty good, but I've never really dug for their material. I couldn't imagine they'd be a hit and miss band though.
    5. Megadeth - Oh how I love Megadeth. First album I ever owned was Youthanasia, and that got me hooked. Not too much of their work that I don't love, other than risk.

6/10

and for Necroyeti since she only replied to him:

1. Death - I've actually never bothered to check these guys out for some reason. I'll have to hold off on this one. I probably should check them out soon.
    2. King Crimson - Kind of the same as death, although I have heard their material. Looking at similar bands on here, I'd probably love them.
    3. Incubus - Another one of the fun bands from my childhood. Oh how I loved S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Make Yourself when I was in High school. Not a huge fan of their more recent material, but it's not horrible.
    4. The Smiths - Not really a fan. There's just something that never took off with me and the smiths.
    5. Pink Floyd - I really have to be in a special mood to enjoy pink floyd, otherwise they bore me to tears.

5/10 although that will probably change after I hear more KC and Death.

• @ lociferxs
    urm.
    1.Nasum...not the music i actually like.but not something
    2.Incubus..i actually liked them a lot couple years ago.and still do.
    3.genghis tron...some of my friends listen to it, but I never had enough belly for it.
    4.Fugazi...just played some of their songs.and i like it :)must download some xD
    5.The Vision Bleak... lame.i dislike them.and they bored me live very much.

dunno.
    5.5/10

• Ullsokk ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 11 2008, 17:30
    1. Katatonia
    Very pretty music. Got an album I'm trying to get into at the moment.

2. Evergrey
    They have one song I absoluetely adore, and a lot I don't care for. Good band though.

3. Nightwish
    I owe this band for introducing me to harder music. They've given me many good times, even though my interest has dropped with the years.

4. Muse
    They're ok, I guess. Don't listen to them.

5. KoЯn
    I only really like one song from this band, but if I should throw any bad words at them, my friend would probably shoot me.

7/10

• Sanitars ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 11 2008, 23:35
    1. Paradise Lost
    Not the biggest fan but still a great band and I should find time to dig em more.
    2. Blind Guardian
    Favourite power metal band, nuff said!
    3. Tiamat
    I like some of the early stuff but not too much.
    4. Savatage
    Never heard.
    5. Within Temptation
    Guilty pleasure!

So overall 8.5/10

\m/
  • Solefald
    Can't say I know them, so I checked a couple songs on their page and I like what I hear, probably going to check more into them now.

Children of Bodom
    Not a big fan, though I don't actually dislike them.

The Gathering
    Haven't listened to them too much, but I enjoy what I have heard.

After Forever
    This kind of metal depends on my mood, usually I can enjoy it but sometimes it just dosen't flow with me. I do enjoy this band from what I've heard.

Sirenia
    Haven't heard of them, as I'm not big in the symphonic/goth/whatever metal, but I listened to a couple songs and enjoyed them a bit.

7/10

• 1. Agalloch - LOVE THEM. Their songs seem to just totally appeal to my person. If only my iPod could scrobble, they'd easily be dominating the top artists and top tracks.

2. Nine Inch Nails - Love NIN as well, even though I didn't for a long time. Prefer the earlier material although it's all good.

3. Coil - I would probably love them if I would listen to more than 2 albums of theirs, but I do like what I've heard so far. (FYI, Time Machines and Musick to Listen in the Dark)

4. Ween - Again, only listened to two albums: Liked The Mollusk much much more than Chocolate and Cheese, so I guess I kinda dig them.

5. Neutral Milk Hotel - I really, really love In The Aeroplane Over The Sea to bits. I'll admit it.

9/10

• Sanitars ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 13 2008, 13:04
    King Crimson - not a big fan
    Kyuss - not a big fan
    Sonic Youth - not a big fan
    Incubus - if it's the rock group, don't like it
    Ozric Tentacles - never heard

4/10

\m/
    • [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 13 2008, 19:54
    Solefald - Oh hell yeah! Gotta love them. That does remind me though, I haven't got nearly enough stuff by them. I shall have to aquire some more albumage by them soon methinks.

Children of Bodom - Call them overrated, call them scene, call them whatever, it matters not, fuckin amazin band.

The Gathering - Haven't listened to nearly enough of their musics, but what I have heard is decent.

After Forever - Pretty awesome stuff, not amazing per say, but still awesome.

Sirenia - Not a big fan. They're ok, but hardly great.

7/10

• Utente
    • Mag 14 2008, 20:12
    1. Killing Joke
    I don't even know them. Let's take a look at number 2.

2. Dead Kennedys
    I don't really like them, but I also don't dislike them. They've got some good songs actually.

3. Nine Inch Nails
    I prefer they're harder songs, the With Teeth-album is quite a bummer.

4. Sepultura
    Now that's more like it :D

5. Rudimentary Peni
    Sorry again, I have no idea who that is.

That'll make a 6/10

• Nasum is my favourite grindcore band. Shift and Helvete are great!

As for the rest, I'm not a fan of them. I must say I'm still a bit unfamiliar with Machine Head and Meshuggah. I've heard a few albums of them, nice, not not too spectacular.

7-/10

• Utente
    • Mag 15 2008, 7:07
    I haven't heard songs from two of your top three, Nasum and Anathema, but I really love acoustic Death in June, like a song or two from Apocalyptica and I adore Ulver, so 8/10.

• Xarthok ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 23 2008, 17:07
    Only heard NIN, which I'm getting more into as we speak, and Skyclad, which is average imo. 5/10!

• I've only heard Muse oddly enough. I like them, but they aren't anything special and don't see why anyone would listen to them other than a random listen. So I'd say, meh?

• I cant really see your top artists at all..so..pass?

• Bright Eyes - I've heard of them but don't know any of their songs. I'm guessing their band name is a reference to Planet of the Apes.

Modest Mouse - Same as above, heard of them but never listened to them.

of Montreal - Never heard of'em.

The Arcade Fire - Who? cool band name though.

Neautral Milk Hotel - Again, never heard of them.

1/10 (not based on the quality of the bands, only on the fact I never listened to any of them)

• Utente
    • Lug 9 2008, 9:57
    Iced Earth - Havent heard much from them, but what I have heard, I've enjoyed a lot.

Dethklok - Meh, they're funny in Metalocalypse, that's about it.

God Dethroned - Only heard Lair of the White Worm, which kind of bored me.

Manowar - LOL

Pentagram - Awesome band!

6/10, mostly on the strength of Pentagram.

• Opeth - Really good obviously

Bad Religion - Use to be into them A LOT, major points for them haha.

Dark Tranquillity - Very good, like them a lot.

Devin Townsend - Haven't heard much, but what I have I liked

A Perfect Circle - Bleh

8/10

in the middle we stay calm, we just drop bombs
    • woutzorz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 17 2008, 7:00
    lol, I don't know any of your first 11 bands, can I start at 12? :P

12: Metallica - biggest band ever! Hopefully their next cd will be a little more of their older work...

13: Children of Bodom - Great music between the synth and guitars, love those solos! Not my #1 fave but still a great band!

14: Poisen the well: Got some great songs but most of them annoys me

15: Portugal. The Man - Don't know them, sorry...

16: Desa - Ditto...

Can't really rate the list since I don't know most of your bands...

• Utente
    • Lug 17 2008, 10:03
    1 Ome Henk
    No

2 Polydrone
    No

3 KoЯn
    Ok

4 In Flames
    Maybe

5 Primus
    No

4/10

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.