Best New Australian Artist?

• AusGnome ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 22 2006, 6:14

Best New Australian Artist?

What the title says, who is the best new australian artist?

My vote goes to Bernard Fanning, or perhaps Wolf Mother. Being I brissy boy, I support local music.

• my fav are the veronicas...
    but i dont really know many "new" australian artists ;)

►Hamburger SV 1887 ►New England Patriots ►Boston Legal ►Friends ►Futurama ►Scrubs

• definately the veronicas!! love there songs every single one of them. Wolfmother and Kid Courageuos are alright as well but the veronicas are at the top of my list :)

• Tremelo ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 18 2006, 16:39
    Wayne Harriss for sure. Slowly starting to get some airplay over here in Perth and should be getting some JJJ rotation soon. Ex Perth boy now living in QLD. I used to go to his shows here when he played n a band called Resin, but his solo material is golden. Hard to describe, but there are shades of David Sylvian in there mixed with ambient indie pop (sounds odd I know but it is lovely). His debut album is on Last FM somehwere.

Worth checking out.

• Can't they're new.. But Eskimo Joe's new album 'Black Fingernails Red Wine' is gun.. !

Also,

End of Fashion..
    Kisschasy..
    Architecture in Helsinki
    Evermore (New album/They are NZ, who cares.. ?)

As well as Sarah Blasko - Flame Trees..

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 16 2006, 15:48
    Definetely "The Veronicas". Even here in germany, "The Veronicas" are popular ^_~

• Bernard Fanning isn't technically new, but I vote for him. Love Powderfinger and I think Fanning is also great.

• I'd give Bernard Fanning the thumbs up too.

As for my favourite emerging artist I'd have to say Josh Pyke.

• Ditto Delaforteth on Eskimo Joe's album, "Black Fingernails, Red Wine" - I downloaded it last week and have been listening to it a lot since. Fantastic album!!

• The Veronicas :D

• Utente
    • Nov 17 2006, 3:29
    wolfmother & little birdy

Modificato da un utente eliminato in data Nov 17 2006, 3:31
    • Utente
    • Nov 17 2006, 3:29
    wolfmother & little birdy

• Karla23 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 20 2007, 18:19
    Delta Goodrem!!!

• lindonp ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 28 2007, 6:00
    well if you're in-to house or chillout I think

Slot Car Racers

are a great new Aussie band.

• anjijane ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 20 2007, 2:21
    Kate Miller Heideke - gorgeous theatrical vocals
    The Fumes - unbelievable duo, bluesy guitar & one of the best drummers i've ever seen
    True Live - classically trained edgy aussie hip-hoppy vocals

• potenzo ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 6 2007, 11:18
    AusGnome said:
    What the title says, who is the best new australian artist?

My vote goes to Bernard Fanning, or perhaps Wolf Mother. Being I brissy boy, I support local music.

I didnt know that Wolfmother comes from Brisbane whick makes me like them even more. But anyway, they are some kickass band. Same goes to Fanning, who has some great songs, too.

Hope to see both of em im Germany. Cant wait.

• Utente
    • Set 22 2007, 2:38
    The Veronicas without a doubt...

But Australia's got so many fantastic artists including Divinyls, Rogue Traders, Bernard Fanning, Tammin, Bec Cartwright and Dean Geyer to name but just afew...

• Justa15 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 22 2008, 18:40
    The Veronicas; Delta Goodrem <3 and Stephanie McIntosh ;)

• 1. The Veronicas
    2. Angelspit (Industrial)
    3. Sunk Loto (Metal)
    4. Antonamsia (Gothic Metal)
    *NEW - Sparkadia

• potenzo ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 22 2008, 10:34
    Just noticed a new Australien band. Airbourne? Heard of it? You could say its the new AC/DC, some nice riffs and stuff. Seriously I'm looking forward to their gig at RaR this year.

• I'm all the way for A Sound Mind.

• Utente
    • Ott 28 2008, 21:32
  • Check out Tom Ugly if you like Electronic Rock

Hey these guys called Tom Ugly won the Triple J unearthed High competition and have just changed their name. They have a really cool sound and are a great new Australian talent we should all be supporting! Check them out on triple Js Next Crop they have a new single called Roll Again its so catchy i haven't been able to stop listening let me know what you think of them!!

www.myspace.com/tomuglymusic
    http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/events/ausmusicmonth_08/next_crop/tom_ugly.htm

• Newcomer Kendall Mclaughlin

She's not from australia, but she sure does have our hearts.
    Saw her tonight at Mickey's in West Sydney, this girl has pure talent. She's killer on the guitar and has a voice like an angel. She's young, too young to be that good, but damn she performs like a seasoned pro. If anyone has the chance to see her (she'll be here a week or so) go check her out. She's opening for another American band from New Orleans, but she should be the main act. Its worth the door fee to watch her play, she'll blow your minds and steal your hearts.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.