Last.fm for Subscribers outside of US/UK.

 
  • Another dissatisfied user

    I'm located in the Netherlands and paying for Xbox Live Gold as well as for my last.fm-subscription. Right now, this live update is useless for me! :(

  • from new zealand

    just have to say me and heaps of xbox owners i know are bloody gutted not getting last.fm in our update. we were all led to believe it was coming. SURELY this can be sorted out soon for nz and all gold suscribers elsewhere.

  • Canadian

    licensing deal my a**. I stream last.fm radio on my computer all the time..... but for some reason i can't do THE EXACT SAME THING on my xbox. What kind of "licensing deal" is that??

  • i bought a brand new subscription to last.fm when i heard that you were going to add xbox live support, yes, i still had one before, but i barely used it when i was gaming, only certain days, when i was in the right mood to listen to music

    but, now, i can't even do that, and im sure the swedish goverment doesn't care enough to add it, i'd hope, but yeah, it doesn't look bright, as we haven't heard anything about it yet...

    hope you can get it fixed soon, i'd love to listen to music while playing games, if thats gonna be possible, without having to have my comp on, at same time

    • Grimmlar ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 24 2009, 1:46

    last.fm Xbox in Canada?!?!??!?!?!?

    Where the FUCK is last.fm here on live in canada!?!?!?!?!? I'm outraged this was the one thing i was looking forward to and i got fucked! what the fuck is this shit! I want last fm in Canada on my xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    • joecan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 24 2009, 5:12

    Re: Canadian

    producerdan74 said:
    licensing deal my a**. I stream last.fm radio on my computer all the time..... but for some reason i can't do THE EXACT SAME THING on my xbox. What kind of "licensing deal" is that??


    It's a licensing deal that only applies to streaming on certain devices. If you bothered to read the thread you would know that.

    • ruairi11 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 24 2009, 13:29
    hey joecan what is your problem? this is a forum for people to post their views on the update or should i say lack of last fm update on xbox live! you keep banging on about licensing issues regarding certain devices but i dont think you really grasp the concept of what people are saying here...in laymans terms we are basically fucked off with the joint over advertising of this great joint force between xbox and last fm..the thing is its only available to US/UK users and i am extremely sure of the fact that the restriction issues were made aware to microshaft and last fm well before the launch date but that didnt seem to deter both companies clogging my xbox or inbox with advertising regarding the launch even though i am a registered irish user and unavailable to take advantage of said service......now heres the thing and read carefully as you may learn something...because of the nice big advertisements with the fancy writing and the colourful presenters on xbox live telling us all about our new features alot of people on here and indeed outside of this forum have subscribed or renewed their xbox or last fm subscription based on the false advertising...get where i'm going here? people were duped into paying money for a product they believed they were going to get but in the end have been left frustrated by the big companies who care fuck all about the individuals...sure as long as the US/UK can get it who cares right??

  • ruairi11,

    While we appreciate the frustration surrounding this issue, the Irish Xbox site makes no mention of Last.fm:

    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/music/

    The same page on the GB site (where the app is available):

    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/music

    It's the same for any of the regional websites. In the last.fm FAQ it states the same and always has.

    • ruairi11 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 25 2009, 12:01
    Knapster01 said:
    ruairi11,

    While we appreciate the frustration surrounding this issue, the Irish Xbox site makes no mention of Last.fm:

    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/music/

    The same page on the GB site (where the app is available):

    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/music

    It's the same for any of the regional websites. In the last.fm FAQ it states the same and always has.



    Knapster,

    while i appreciate you taking time out to reply to my post and ignore many others i never mentioned the irish xbox website on my post. if you read correctly i mentioned xbox live. i have watched numerous features while on xbox live in ireland and have been posted emails from microsoft advertising these new features including last fm. nowhere was it mentioned before hand that there would be regional restrictions. Also, with there being such an uproar over this issue worldwide can so many people be wrong? The product was so well advertised but poorly detailed...how hard would it have been to tell people in advance this is only available in US/UK clearly?

  • I apologize, I hadn't seen those emails or ads on Xbox Live myself (despite being a long time Gold user), although I would imagine there would be small print explaining the situation.

    Personally, it would be great if everybody could get the app, but as with any media related app on any device, there are licensing issues involved. One shining example would be Netflix on Xbox Live, totally unavailable in the UK. Irritating. :)

    If you feel you have been deceived, i would suggest you take it up with Microsoft. The last.fm forums are not the place to debate such issues.

    If there are no further worthwhile contributions i'm going to lock this thread...

    • tebzar ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 25 2009, 20:46

    not cool!

    This is so uncool, this is the only feature I was looking forward to in the update. Does not even make sense that I can listen to last.fm from my MS Windows PC and be restricted on xbox. MS better fix this soon!

    • joecan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 26 2009, 3:33
    ruairi11 said:
    hey joecan what is your problem? this is a forum for people to post their views on the update or should i say lack of last fm update on xbox live! you keep banging on about licensing issues regarding certain devices but i dont think you really grasp the concept of what people are saying here...in laymans terms we are basically fucked off with the joint over advertising of this great joint force between xbox and last fm..the thing is its only available to US/UK users and i am extremely sure of the fact that the restriction issues were made aware to microshaft and last fm well before the launch date but that didnt seem to deter both companies clogging my xbox or inbox with advertising regarding the launch even though i am a registered irish user and unavailable to take advantage of said service......now heres the thing and read carefully as you may learn something...because of the nice big advertisements with the fancy writing and the colourful presenters on xbox live telling us all about our new features alot of people on here and indeed outside of this forum have subscribed or renewed their xbox or last fm subscription based on the false advertising...get where i'm going here? people were duped into paying money for a product they believed they were going to get but in the end have been left frustrated by the big companies who care fuck all about the individuals...sure as long as the US/UK can get it who cares right??


    Before you go making this personal, you should go back and read the posts I've made in this thread. I clearly stated that I was as pissed as the next person at the lack of Last.fm on my Xbox. It appeared to me that the staff made no attempts at making users aware this was going to be a US/UK only update, and then after the fact it appeared they weren't even prepared for the backlash this was going to cause. Both of these failures are inexcusable, IMO... and I stated that in a previous post.

    So please stop making the assumption that I don't get why people are mad, I do get it... and I'm one of those people.

    That said, there are people in this thread that seem to be ignoring what the staff are saying. When people make posts like this:

    producerdan74 said:
    licensing deal my a**. I stream last.fm radio on my computer all the time..... but for some reason i can't do THE EXACT SAME THING on my xbox. What kind of "licensing deal" is that??


    ... the person is clearly ignoring what the staff is saying, and the facts around this issue. producerdan74 is far from the only one doing this, the post above this one is yet another person who either hasn't read the thread or is ignoring he staff posts. The licensing issues are different for each media device, that's what kind of licensing deal it is. The staff have explained this multiple times.

    You can be mad at this all you want, but letting your anger blind you to the facts of a situation is foolish & a waste of everyone's time.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.