• iPad App?

Is there an iPad version of this app in development? Anticipated release date?

• c99koder ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Mar 31 2010, 15:41
    We may consider doing an iPad-specific app in the future, however we're not ready to announce anything at this time. In the meantime, our iPhone app should work fine on the iPad.

• pnw13 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 6 2010, 6:39
    Sorry if this has been answered a million times, but I'm looking into getting an iPad and was wondering if my plays will scrobble from the machine.

Thanks in advance!

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 6 2010, 8:13
    My guess (from limited technical experience of the iPad) is "no"... I think/assume it has the same firmware restrictions as the iPhone/iTouch, i.e. Apple won't allow applications to access the music library on the device. The only workaround on iPhone/iTouch is via jailbreaking, which is obviously not recommended and I don't even know if an iPad is jailbreakable yet (it's certainly not the first thing I'd do with my expensive shiny new toy).

• tonilou ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 6 2010, 21:25
    For background scrobbling you can use iScrobble Premium from the AppStore. It works on the iPhone and doesn't need jailbreaking.

Maybe it also works on the iPad?

• in theory it should work... Haven't tried it yet... (haven't got one!) but I will be porting it when I can get my hands on one in the uk!

New iScrobble Version out now! http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/iscrobble-pick-and-mix/id319584503?mt=8

iScrobble Pick And Mix for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    itunes.apple.com
    Learn more, read reviews, and download iScrobble Pick And Mix by ThePaulSmith on the iTunes App Store.

• pnw13 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 8 2010, 9:03
    How much is the iScrobble Premium app? Thanks again everyone.

• its independant of last.fm and costs £7.49 GBP The Pick and mix version lets you just pick the features that are important to you. and is free for realtime scrobbling and the background scrobbling it £3.99 GBP

The Premium version gives free updates for life!

• tpower ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 25 2010, 15:39

ipad app

would love an ipad last.fm app. The iPhone version works pretty well, but a full-screen version would be brilliant.

• I think any company that has the ability to build an iPad app, and is NOT currently doing so, is a foolish one -- and is throwing away a huge opportunity to build their customer base and increase revenue.

However...with the severe limitations that the current iPhone Last.fm app has, there seems little point in making a full-screen version that's exactly the same, just for the iPad. As frustrating as the iPhone version is, I'm sure an iPad version would seem even more ridiculous.

The ability to scrobble songs being played live in the iPad's iPod needs to be figured out first before there should ever be an iPad app, IMO -- otherwise it will just seem silly. Last.fm will tell you it's not currently possible to scrobble this way, even though there are other apps (iScrobble) which can apparently do it (albeit not in the most elegant way...but at least it's possible). Also, more Last.fm website features like shouts and inbox would be needed within an iPad app to beef it up -- but then again you can just go to Last.fm in the iPad's Safari browser for that stuff. So it seems like there's little point for the Last.fm team to make an iPad app unless it does something truly unique like being able to scrobble iPod songs.

Hopefully that day will come soon...

• I am currently working on an iPad version of iScrobble but am in need of real hardware to test... and it's not available in the UK until the end of next month...

There are too many quirks in the SDK for me to release without testing...

• Trivisual ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Apr 27 2010, 20:18
    This has got to be the most frustrating bs ever. I'm jail breaking this mother.

• joecan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 9 2010, 22:49
    Just got an iPad, first thing I did was throw the iPhone app on it.

Sadly it doesn't work. It crashes instantly after it launches. Any word on an updated version of the iPhone app that fixes this, or an iPad specific app?

• newezra ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2010, 4:54
    I really hope Last.fm is planning an iPad app at this point. Pandora did a fantastic job with their iPad app. I have it running non-stop at my desk.

• Utente
    • Mag 28 2010, 17:41
    c99koder said:
    We may consider doing an iPad-specific app in the future, however we're not ready to announce anything at this time. In the meantime, our iPhone app should work fine on the iPad.

When you say "You... May... Consider... doing an iPad version" It seems like you are not going to do it. doesn't it?

I knew Pandora will support iPad first and I know they will support multitasking in the new iPhone OS 4.0 first and we will be waiting for last.fm to "May.. Consider..." it!

• SalehM8

I agree

Last.fm needs to step it up and compete

Pandora already has an iPad specific app.

I love last.fm

• Just played with Pandora on the iPad

Sorry guys but you just lost!

I wish it wasn't so but I think CBS stole your soul.

Out.

• bshann ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 29 2010, 23:29
    But it looks terrible on the ipad :)

c99koder said:

• Utente
    • Giu 1 2010, 3:45
    i wish i could use the last.fm radio on safari on my ipad but it doesn't work cause of flash.

come on last.fm! help us out here.

• I'd love an iPad app, especially one that works in the background with OS 4.0 later this year.

• Utente
    • Giu 4 2010, 9:47
    alexmuller said:
    I'd love an iPad app, especially one that works in the background with OS 4.0 later this year.

I'd love to see that too, but I don't think that's gonna happen soon. Apple released the OS 4.0 Beta a while ago to let the developers adjust their apps with the new features. The new iPhone will be released after THREE days in WWDC and we'll see if Last.fm have a update or still "may consider" it.

• a bit retardedchop chop

seems like a missed opportunity to update the app for ipad - the curret iphone app looks very wrong on an ipad and it has limited content & functionality.

chop chop - I pay for a subscription. this schnizzle I expect for giving my you my cash.

ta, your loyal user

• bgod ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 21 2010, 16:56

native iPad app

Ditto the requests for a full-screen, native iPad app. Using iPhone apps on the iPad is a bit like watching SD broadcasts on your new HD TV. Sure it works, but it leaves you wanting....

One man he resist.

• Realtime

Does iScrobble Premium allow me to scrobble tracks in realtime even if the app isn't open?

• not realtime when it isn't open... it will scrobble them on next run...

It will scrobble realtime while it is running! :)

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.