My iTouch only scrobble when I go in Help > Diagnostic > iPod Scrobbling

• My iTouch only scrobble when I go in Help > Diagnostic > iPod Scrobbling

When I synchronize my iPod Touch with iTunes, my Last.FM software doesn't scrobble my musics automatically =S
    I need to go on Help Menu > Diagnostic > iPod Scrobbling to scrobble.

I don't know if this is important, but when I go in Options > iPod, appears this:
    Device: diagnostic/UNKNOWN
    User: bondbruno

Seems my LFM software doesn't recognize my iTouch... Only if I force the scrobble in Diagnostic Menu.

What I do? Sit and cry? LOL

(And sorry for my bad english ;/)

• I am having the exact same problem with my new iPod Touch. I have to do the diagnostic too.

When I goto Options > iPod, for reason it thinks my Touch is an iPhone? :|

There's also no user associated, but I'm logged in so I dunno why it doesn't put my name by it....

• unreve ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 29 2008, 13:35
    I have the same problem with my iphone..

Any solution?

• ummm......i just got a ipod touch as well and it works fine, scrobbles my music as normal...not sure wat might be the problem.......try reinstalling last.fm and if it still dosnt work reinstall itunes and if that still doesnt work well then.........er....good luck =)

Like Aussie Hardcore?then join--------->http://www.last.fm/group/Aussie+Hardcore
  • Same problem with me. I'm also having trouble getting Last.fm to scrobble songs. It ignored some. >:-(

• MACHINE_FPV
    I already did all that you suggest, but was without sucess...
    Then I came here, and seems that could be a bug on software, since many other users have same problem...

So, what we can do now?

• um.......what ipod touch do you have?1st or 2nd generation? i have the 2nd Generation touch 16gb with 2.2 firmware and i have no problem what so ever......mmmm if you have the 1st generation well........it might not be compatible with 1st G ipod touch but not sure :S ill look into it far ya =)

Like Aussie Hardcore?then join--------->http://www.last.fm/group/Aussie+Hardcore
  • Had this problem before and I couldn't resolve it through reinstalling either software what I ended up doing was the following.

Open up the last.fm software
    There is a menu option to check for plugins
    Run it...for me it redownloaded the itunes plugin and worked fine.

• MACHINE_FPV
    Yeah, mine is 2nd generation too, with 2.2 fw, but it has 32GB

VeroAvitar
    I already did this too, doesn't work.
    Well... I'll try once again

Ty all for trying help us =D

• i have a question about all this...

my girlfriend has an iPod touch, right. she has a Last.FM account and when she listens to music on iTunes (either played from the library or iPod sub-directory) it scrobbles it immediately and you can see it on her profile.

i downloaded the Last.FM application for the iPod touch yesterday, and installed it on the Touch. When you sign in, under "recent tracks" it has three songs which she played on iTunes from the iPod when it was plugged in, but nothing she plays on the iPod when she takes it away somewhere scrobbles or registers on the "recently played" section in the application on the iPod touch.

am I right in thinking that as long as you have access to a wireless connection, the iPod Touch application is supposed to scrobble songs without ever having to plug it into iTunes? or do you still have to plug it into iTunes to get it to scrobble (as you would a normal iPod - like me)?

muchos thankos

• BiffJerky
    As I know so far, you can scrobble both ways, but scrobbling through Last.FM app is only avaliable in a few countries (the list you can find on this group)

If I'm wrong, please someone correct me =]

• mmmm well I've been playing music on my iPod touch in my house with wireless and It didn't scrobble automaticly it only scrobbles the music i listern to in the last.fm app,I still have to plug it into iTunes for the music I play on my ipod for it to scrobble

• BiffJerky said:
    i have a question about all this...

my girlfriend has an iPod touch, right. she has a Last.FM account and when she listens to music on iTunes (either played from the library or iPod sub-directory) it scrobbles it immediately and you can see it on her profile.

i downloaded the Last.FM application for the iPod touch yesterday, and installed it on the Touch. When you sign in, under "recent tracks" it has three songs which she played on iTunes from the iPod when it was plugged in, but nothing she plays on the iPod when she takes it away somewhere scrobbles or registers on the "recently played" section in the application on the iPod touch.

am I right in thinking that as long as you have access to a wireless connection, the iPod Touch application is supposed to scrobble songs without ever having to plug it into iTunes? or do you still have to plug it into iTunes to get it to scrobble (as you would a normal iPod - like me)?

muchos thankos

It pulled the recent tracks for her automatically from her last.fm profile not from what she listened to on the iPod.

The last.fm application in the app store only allows you to stream your music and will scrobble that but anything that is played via the iPod application on your iTouch or iPhone will not be scrobbled via the last.fm Application. Its a restriction imposed by Apple. The only way to scrobble is to sync with itunes :)

The only way to scrobble while mobile is to jailbreak. I won't go into details as a quick search on google should explain everything thats involved :)

• Been having the same problem with my iPod Touch as well.

After having a snoop around I've found some sort of solution.

Use an old favourite: iSproggler!!
    it really works.

you have to join the group to download it first.
    http://www.last.fm/group/iSproggler+Users

hope this helps.

Beta testing win7 so this may have not helped my issue.

• SickofMe ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 3 2009, 10:21
    I have the same problem with my iPod Touch. But I don't care that much. Sometimes it doesn't scrobble some of the tracks, but better than not scrobbling at all. That thing really needs a scrobbler over wi-fi though.

• DrBobDeath said:
    Been having the same problem with my iPod Touch as well.

After having a snoop around I've found some sort of solution.

Use an old favourite: iSproggler!!
    it really works.

you have to join the group to download it first.
    http://www.last.fm/group/iSproggler+Users

hope this helps.

Beta testing win7 so this may have not helped my issue.

• there is a slight problem with this.

it will update from your ipod touch
    but will double up your tracks if still using the new Last Fm software.

• HA! I think I found out!

As I suspected, the error is on installation of iPod (no on iTunes, no on Last.FM software... on iPod installation)
    I made my Last.FM find my iPod AND SCROBBLE OF HIM!

All who have the same problem of mine, do this:
    1- Connect your iPod
    2- Close your iTunes (if it's open)
    3- Go to Control Panel¹ -> System -> Tab 'Hardware' -> Device Manager (or something like that, sorry, my Windows is in portuguese) -> USB Controller
    4- Find the iPod Driver and UNINSTALL IT (right-click -> Uninstall)
    5- Disconnect your iPod
    6- Open your iTunes and your Last.FM Software
    7- Connect again your iPod and wait Windows install it again (can be very fast)
    8- Wait iTunes synchronize with iPod.
    9- Wait a little more and probably your Last.FM will find your iPod.
    And voi lá!!!
    Will be working perfectly =D

If not works, I suggest to try all again. It worked to me =D

PS¹: I made this on Windows XP, I don't know how is this on others OS

• and sorry again for my bad English ;/

• Toad_BE ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 7 2009, 7:17
    Hi all,

Got exactly the same problem. I can only scrobble songs played on my new iPod Touch 2G 32GB (Firmware 2.2) using the diagnostic option.
    It is recognized by Last.FM as an iPhone and there's no user name linked to it.
    I did a full deinstall/reinstall of iTunes (8.0.2.20) and Last.FM + plugins but I still have the same issue.
    My old iPod Nano (1st or 2nd Gen) is scrobbling fine so I think this is specific to the iPod Touch or iPhone.

Hope this get fixed soon.

Fab

• Scrobbling just stopped on iphone 3G?

It was scrobbling just fine off the iphone until a couple days ago, and now nothing? Any ideas?

• Scrobbling just stopped on iphone 3G?

It was scrobbling just fine off the iphone until a couple days ago, and now nothing? Any ideas?

• tried the tips to sort this, but nothing.
    doesn't want to know... Sort this please..

iPod Touch 8gb 2G

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.