no recommendations

• Nixdorux ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 1 2011, 8:36

no recommendations

I have any recommendation, no possibility of having proposals since a track. I have only bio of artists :(

• 4 me is ok.. working well

• mrsheret ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Dic 1 2011, 9:46
    Nixdorux, are you still having problems with it?

• Nixdorux ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 1 2011, 11:27
    Hello, thanks for your attention.

Yes, It is always similar. I am not renewed my subscription for the moment and I am in Switzerland.

• mrsheret ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Dic 1 2011, 11:41
    The app should work for anyone, subscriber or not.

I've just spoken to the developers working on it, and they've seen a few rare instances of that happening - they're currently investigating a fix and will hopefully have something for it very soon.

In the meantime the best advice is to log out and quit the app, then start again.

• mimerker ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 1 2011, 18:32
    i've got the exakt same problem - log out, log in of both spotify and last.fm app didn't work. removing and re-adding didn't work either... the only part working is "now playing" :/

• same here. not so rare, it seems.

• Sheugel ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Dic 1 2011, 20:16
    Not working for me either.
    No recommandations, no recent tracks, no covers in albums...
    Pretty sad app here, not much social.

• Afuera ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 1 2011, 20:49
    same problem here... no recommendations

Just because a rose died on the vine, doesn't mean it lied to you when it was in bloom ...
    • SatyBoY ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 1 2011, 20:50

Error Code 8

Hello,

I tried at some tracks to get recommendations, unfortunately it didn't worked. Some of the tracks were usual tracks some less known.
    Received error code: 8 with the message : " It looks like it didn't worked, it should be OK if you try again"
    Pressed Retry button few times, same error.
    Additional error: "Sorry, we couldn't load tracks familiar to "Song Name"

-Restarted Spotify
    -Uninstalled / Reinstalled App
    -Disabled Firewall
    -Logged out and back in to Last.fm
    -Rebooted PC
    -Tryied more than 10 songs, different genre

No solution yet.

-Information provided for improvement

Thanks and keep up good work!

Best Regards!

Edit 1: Account created on UK, located in Romania - on Romania not working , Error 8

Edit 2: Connected on work UK VPN - worked, Recommendations work.

As I can see this and other countries are not supported by Last.fm, so no development issue or bug, only agreements with countries.

For me issue solved.

Modificato da SatyBoY in data Dic 2 2011, 21:31
    • polr ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 1 2011, 23:25
    Same problem.. tried everything.

• Same problem here.

• Hello everyone, when you're reporting this issue, it would be really helpful if you could tell us what country you're in, and what language your Spotify client is using (you can see that in Spotify preferences).

Thanks!

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 2 2011, 10:59
    same problem here

language: english (autodetected from english osx lion)

language: english

• mimerker ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 2 2011, 11:25
    language: german

• The beta version of the app does not have catalogue information for several countries including Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Romania, or if you are using Spotify in a country where it is not natively supported (e.g. Canada).

As such you won't see recommendations based on a locally available catalogue because we don't have the data yet.

We're working on resolving this with Spotify, thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Edit: I'm currently trying to clarify exactly which countries are affected by this.

Modificato da Knapster01 in data Dic 2 2011, 17:30
  • Spotify does have a free version in Austria though, it launched 2 weeks ago: http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/spotify-launches-in-austria-1041183

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 2 2011, 13:52
    spotify has a free version in austria. last.fm is the company without a free version in austria.

• My apologies, same issue though in that we don't have catalogue info yet.

• Sheugel ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Dic 2 2011, 14:36
    Knapster01 said:
    The beta version of the app does not have catalogue information for countries where Spotify does not have a free version (Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Switzerland), or if you are using Spotify in a country where it is not natively supported (e.g. Canada).
    Hi, I don't know where you got your information, but it's incredibly wrong. There's a free and paid version in Belgium and Switzerland and nothing in the other countries mentioned: Spotify Wiki
    Please, keep updated as Spotify is constantly adding new countries. Don't leave your users on the edge of the road.
    Thanks

• arcania ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 2 2011, 16:21
    i do have the same issue,

• Also here

Got the same problem: no recommendations, even though my Last.fm profile is showing (profile pic + number of scrobbles). Tried logging out in Last.fm app and re-login and removing/re-adding app, didn't help. Now Playing artist info shows correctly.

Location: currently in Germany, but Spotify account is from Finland
    Spotify Premium

• SatyBoY ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 2 2011, 18:41
    Hello,

As add to previous comment:
    Account created on UK, located in Romania

• Sheugel ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Dic 2 2011, 19:16
    With an American VPN, it works...
    Come on, really!?

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.