Event Radio extremely repetitive on android

• TauPan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 22 2012, 10:35

Event Radio extremely repetitive on android

Listening to http://www.lastfm.de/listen/event/1988593 via web seems to give a balanced mix of the event lineup.

If I click on the radio tab in the android app and listen to the same station, I always get the same artists and tracks, very rarely new tracks and new additions to the lineup.

Can you see what I mean in the logs or do I need to post excerpts of my recent scrobbles ?

Ho hum!
    • c99koder ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Mar 22 2012, 13:25
    Some artists don't allow us to stream their tracks to mobile phones, so some radio stations will be a bit more repetitive on Android and iPhone as there are less unique tracks to choose from when generating the stations.

• TauPan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 26 2012, 12:43
    c99koder said:
    Some artists don't allow us to stream their tracks to mobile phones, so some radio stations will be a bit more repetitive on Android and iPhone as there are less unique tracks to choose from when generating the stations.

How could I tell if that's the case, e.g. with the artists on the Roskilde Festival 2012 lineup?

I also noticed that it seems to help if I stream the same radio again from the website. Did that a couple of days ago and afterwards I had new tracks in the mobile stream (and those artists had been on the event lineup for quite some time before that).

Edit: Also I think that the repetitions not only occur wrt to artists but also regarding individual songs of those artists. e.g. I only heard 2-3 Björk songs on that stream (mobile *and* website) and they were all from the new album (99% sure).

Ho hum!
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.