Bands to keep away from

• Bands to keep away from

Yeah, could be cool if we advised each other which bands to stay away from due to satanism and stuff...

What i thought: Copy the list that the user above posted and add what you think we should keep away from. Feel free to comment, you dont have to add to/post a list.

My list:
    Mariylin Manson
    Slayer
    Slipknot
    Bad Religion
    Behemoth
    Dimmu Borgir
    Qlimax

Please add more bands so we know who to be aware off.

• ngel05 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 1 2008, 10:22
    ...I listen to 2 bands on that list...

• Marilyn Manson is more parody than satanism. In that Bowling for Columbine Movie he's one of the few people who's talking sense.

Bad Religion? Listen to tracks like "Sorrow" and than take them off your list. Anyway: religion is bad. If following Jesus gets too much religious, it's not getting any better.

Slipknot? Well... Not my cup of tea, but I'm not sure if they are as "evil" as they look like ;)

• dietmar_kah said:
    Marilyn Manson is more parody than satanism. In that Bowling for Columbine Movie he's one of the few people who's talking sense.

Bad Religion? Listen to tracks like "Sorrow" and than take them off your list. Anyway: religion is bad. If following Jesus gets too much religious, it's not getting any better.

Slipknot? Well... Not my cup of tea, but I'm not sure if they are as "evil" as they look like ;)

Well, Marilyn Manson claiming to be antichrist does it for me...

Bad Religion... their logo does it for me...

Slipknot - Well, i used to listen to them, but ever since i saw joey's new mask ive made a boycut.

• Manson is only for show. That's what you have to say in the sometimes bigot USA to get maximum attention. Like Alice Cooper, like Ozzy and so many others. Try to see the person behind the mask; I guess he's a really reasonable one. Surely he's no saint, but he is not the antichrist. If he was, we all would have already recognized ;) Anyway, I don't really like most of his music (even if he did a really great cover of Justin Timberlakes 'What goes around...')

Bad Religion: don't get confused by symbols ^^ surely Greg Graffin is an atheist but lots of his songs/lyrics are not against religion, but put fingers on social issues, globalisation, injusticie, human rights etc. - and I can agree to many of them. IMO It's not that kind of music/band that draws you away from Jesus, as these topics need to be on our "christian" agenda too because they are our topics. I prefer to see them as allies, no as enemies.

But don't misunderstand me: i think there are bands/songs that can draw you away from God or nagging badly on your faith. If you grow up in a familiy that constanly listens to church chorals, it can carry you right into the arms of evil death metal i guess :) It's a very personal thing of what helps your faith and what not.

But I know about some fascist bands that definately belong onto your list (although they are not particualar anti-christian). And if someone knows about other bands, I'd like to know. :)

• dietmar_kah said:
    Manson is only for show. That's what you have to say in the sometimes bigot USA to get maximum attention. Like Alice Cooper, like Ozzy and so many others. Try to see the person behind the mask; I guess he's a really reasonable one. Surely he's no saint, but he is not the antichrist. If he was, we all would have already recognized ;) Anyway, I don't really like most of his music (even if he did a really great cover of Justin Timberlakes 'What goes around...')

Bad Religion: don't get confused by symbols ^^ surely Greg Graffin is an atheist but lots of his songs/lyrics are not against religion, but put fingers on social issues, globalisation, injusticie, human rights etc. - and I can agree to many of them. IMO It's not that kind of music/band that draws you away from Jesus, as these topics need to be on our "christian" agenda too because they are our topics. I prefer to see them as allies, no as enemies.

But don't misunderstand me: i think there are bands/songs that can draw you away from God or nagging badly on your faith. If you grow up in a familiy that constanly listens to church chorals, it can carry you right into the arms of evil death metal i guess :) It's a very personal thing of what helps your faith and what not.

But I know about some fascist bands that definately belong onto your list (although they are not particualar anti-christian). And if someone knows about other bands, I'd like to know. :)

You make a very good pointe there mate, i like that. Those were the kinds of answers i was hoping to hear ;)

• * Beck

I try to avoid him because he's involved with Scientology since a few years, although the older "i'm a loser" is a great song

• Stay away from all pop music... That's what I can say. The Devil shows up as an angel of light, so we should be on the lookout more for subtle messages instead of bands who claim to be satanic, cause that's pretty clear.

• CovinS ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 21 2008, 2:32
    Manson puts off an image just to get on lists like this.
    Imo, he simply hates the idea of an ever-loving God and Saviour after growing up in his religious household.

And the whole AntiChrist thing...Revelations is pretty clear that we're not going to know who it is until it's waaaay too late...

REAL bands to stay away from, for me personally, are ICP, Twiztid, Cannibal Corpse...stuff like that.

A group for listeners that appreciate and enjoy music with Sensual aspects and/or subtleties.
    • [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 22 2008, 12:38
    not one band on that list is evil ,they are only bands that all its no big deal,the world is falling apart and people worry about a few metal bands i dont get it.as for greg graffin,he might not believe,but read his lyrics,the man has a good heart and at the end of the day that is what counts.

• I already see this Thread getting out of control.

I don't agree with that list either. You should check their lyrics better, only if they wear make up and are against Religion doesn't make them evil.

You show quite some naivity.

• Well, better to be safe than sorry...

• Utente
    • Set 2 2008, 16:11
    Hmmmmm,nsbm,bands,evil,in every sense,

• RaunchyDrumming sagte:
    Well, better to be safe than sorry...

Safe from what? There are no magic or evil powers in 'unholy' music than the music or the lyrics itself.

• lol nearly every single metal band is against religion and you shouldnt tell people wat music to listen to its there choice and clearly u dont understand satanisim at all because only theistic satanisim has anything to do with your religion and even then does it actually make them evil

• LD_MoD ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 25 2008, 15:46
    metal_4_eva пишет:
    lol nearly every single metal band is against religion and you shouldnt tell people wat music to listen to its there choice and clearly u dont understand satanisim at all because only theistic satanisim has anything to do with your religion and even then does it actually make them evil

And you shouldn't tell us what to do. Get it?

On theme, every grindcore band. I hate them because they bring nothing good to to society.

• Utente
    • Ott 6 2008, 10:49
    and what bad does grindcore,do.

• Can we stay away from Basshunter, I don't they're evil, they're just awful.

• Stay away from Brittney Spears! Her music can cause you to chant and shave your head without knowing it!

• CovinS ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 31 2008, 4:42
    metal_4_eva said:
    lol nearly every single metal band is against religion and you shouldnt tell people wat music to listen to its there choice and clearly u dont understand satanisim at all because only theistic satanisim has anything to do with your religion and even then does it actually make them evil

Wow.

For one, this dude's right about theistic satanism and the previous poster not understanding satanism.

However, "nearly every metal band is against religion"....as true as that MIGHT be, it's still a stereotype that makes Christians look like idiots. Let's avoid the stereotypes, hmm?

Truly evil music lies in the placidity of...*shudders*...N*Sync

A group for listeners that appreciate and enjoy music with Sensual aspects and/or subtleties.
    • Piotr_ek ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 4 2008, 19:49
    I'm a big fan of Slipknot and i'm rly beliving christian. They are not satanist group, but yes, some of those songs are not so positive.

However they don't insulting God so the music which they "making" don't have effects in relation with God, for example in my self.

• Marilyn Manson IS a priest in the Satanic church, so he is a Satanist himself. But as for his music, some of it is not so good, for ANYone, including Christian's, to listen to. I have listened to it in the past, but that doesn't make me any less of a Christian, or follower of Christ. Nor will listening to any of those bands now. Sure, its probably true that we, as Christians, shouldn't listen to bands like that (I don't imagine Jesus listening to them) but that doesn't mean we can't. It's still a personal decision of the listener :]

I'll leave you with this verse: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

I think that verse kind of speaks for itself. It really hit me hard when I heard it this year.

• Self defeating.

The whole “don't listen to this" thing only serves to entice people to listen. Basic human psychology, if you tell someone not to do something they will want to do it more.

A better approach would be to give them a list of Christian bands as alternatives to your list.

• What do you think about Pagan (Metal) bands? I listen sometimes to them, but call (most of) them Folk Metal ^^.

hahaha christian bands as alternatives don't work, most christian bands imitate art and suck, well the main ones do anyway. If I would advise anyone to stay away from bands I would advise them to stay away from crap like Kutless, Pillar, Thousand Foot Krutch and Stryper.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.