Music management

• joflow ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 26 2006, 6:35

Music management

Ok, so since I don't have an ipod, I certainly don't use itunes. Anyone know of comparable or better music management software out there? I use winamp as my player, and WMP is just too bulky and stupid to use on a regular basis. Plus I just don't trust it. It doesn't need to come with an integrated player, in fact I'd rather keep using winamp if possible. Any suggestions?

• Ged_UK ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 27 2006, 22:30
    I don't understand the question :/

• joflow ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 28 2006, 6:40
    Ok...

Something to organize my music, something that functions like or close to itunes, but is not itunes.

Clearer?

• Ged_UK ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ott 28 2006, 15:08
    Not really for me, I've never used iTunes (well, only for a day).

I simply use winamp to listen to my music, and it's Media Library to organise music. I use Musicbrainz's Picard tagger program to make sure everything is tagged 'properly'.

Hope that helps!

• hernil ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 16 2008, 20:02
    MediaMonkey is what your looking for. :-)

• Or SonicStage, indeed?
    What about Windows Media Player?

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 17 2008, 21:07
    winamp features a music library, and it works great. But, I prefer just creating folders and drag and dropping to my mp3 player.

• gnawbird ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 22 2008, 12:09
    Windows explorer ;)

• hakanda ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 25 2009, 23:20

iTunes

I definitely use itunes. I do not have ipod!
    But itunes is very successful organizer. Cover flow is great.
    WMP and Winamp is very slowly, and complicated.
    I recommend to everyone!

• Wulli8 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 3 2009, 13:20
    MediaMonkey of course! ;-)

• Utente
    • Mar 3 2009, 20:11
    Mediamonkey definitely. But make sure u add the scripting functionality from the forums on the website (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/). Without the scripts, its just another media player. There is a lot u can do using those scripts.

If u don't prefer mediamonkey, try songbird.

Modificato da un utente eliminato in data Mar 6 2009, 2:43
    • baumaxx1 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 7 2009, 0:29
    I'm not sure what's wrong with Windows media player. IF you have a recent computer you'll have no problems with it. It uses less memory than windows messenger, lol. But yeah, 50 it was using b4, music, visualisation, in library it uses less.. in the mini player mode it uses less than 10.

It scans my music folder I got it to watch, immediately adds any tracks, you can get CD info easily and tag tracks and groups of tracks easily. library has a search function and is easier than a version of itunes i've seen to explore.

But yeah, doesn't winamp have a library?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof as fools are so ingenious"
  • Moonsilence_de said:
    www.foobar2000.org

definitely. light, easy to use, loads of customization capabilities. iTunes is horrible. and as an iPod user I have to live with it, although I try to keep it as quick as possible. YAMIpod is a nice little thing to have, though.

• Utente
    • Mar 27 2009, 14:56
    WMP for music management + tag editing. Works fine, not slow, bulky or difficult to use as other claim. (if u cant even run wmp, maybe its upgrade tiem). Just dont use the "Find Album Info" online search bcos its mostly incorrect and although the song info in the library gets updated, the actual music fies themselves dont get updated.

• I keep most of my organization by folders, and make further playlists on device, as it´s easier to do there :)

I use Picard to manage my tags, a file manager, and PowerAmp for Android.

• crixfer ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 17 2011, 19:47
    • GuSaggi ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 18 2011, 15:20
    WMP/Spotify

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.