Forced Listening Thread!

• fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 9 2012, 23:51
    They sure look like they're having fun. Really not my type of genre... agian x) His voice reminds me a bit of Plura's (Edlkvarn), vwery special.
    2/10, sorry...

here's a song with a great video by a great band:

"Att det ska vara så svårt att skilja på dem och de. Det är lika lätt som att skilja på oss och vi, dig och mig".
  • Dire Straits means nostalgia for me, I grew up on it cause my dad was a big fan and I really like their music. However, this song has been played a gazillion times on the radio and I "hate" it because of that, the same counts for "Money For Nothing". 6/10

Edit: this is for fallob's video: Doesn't really do anything to me, sounds too generic to me. Sounds like something I have heard before and I don't really like the singing voice. I classify this as "teen-pop". 3/10

Here's some Gothic Americana from Denver:
    Jay Munly - Dar He Drone

• Never head of Jay Munly before. I'm not a fan of "Americana" I find it bland and boring but this has a bit of darkness injected into it. To listen to this you would certainly have to be in the mood for; it its quite slow though I do appreciate the instrumental value of it. 6.5/10

Some funk from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to contrast Jay Munly:

• fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2012, 13:35
    I've heard RHCP before and they were a dissapointment and so was this song. But it wasn't that bad actually, 3/10...
    I don't like his voice and they sound like something i've heard before but worse...

Here's a song by one of my favourite Swedish artists:

"Att det ska vara så svårt att skilja på dem och de. Det är lika lätt som att skilja på oss och vi, dig och mig".
  • I can't understand a word, but sounds quite nice. :P He has a nice voice. He reminds me of someone, but I don't know who. Really nice. :) 7/10

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMykgR4sAg&ob=av2n[/youtube]

"I'm not crying, I'm just laughing on the wrong side of my face!"
    • fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2012, 15:06
    Hm.. i get scared D: This its not my type of music, too much scream... 2/10. I thought Avenged Sevenfold was better... sorry XD
    [youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6vs-l5dkc&ob=av3e[/youtube]

• Only the firts two records are a lot of screaming. After that they became a lot more melodic. Still great in my opinion.^^

Love Panic! Great! Nothing more to say. 10/10

• fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2012, 15:20
    ^ It's like MCR then, became more and more "happy" xD :)

Too long without singing in the beginning i think but they're actually okay... :)
    6/10, good actually. They remind me a tiiiiiiiny bit of blink-182 in this song x) I like his voice!

Really funny video too ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Er1yXWsUjs&ob=av3e

• Is this the guy from Blink182?? Sure sounds like it... anyway, it was a good track... 7/10

edit: outposted D: This song was okay but it's not really my style, the video is kind of interesting though :D ... 5/10

• fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2012, 15:36
    That video was a bit intresting .... FUCK YOUTIBE!!! It's soooo sluggish.. -.-
    The guy with dreads looks like he's from a scary movie or something D:
    I did not like this song, it's just weird, sorry... 1.5/10.

• The whiny and annoying quality of their voices makes this totally un-listenable to me (among many other things)... 1/10

• Otokichi ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 11 2012, 3:22
    So, Todd Rundgren has a "failure tom communicate" with his intended? A bright song, almost dance able. (Does "Every Breath You Take" follow this earnest plea? Only time, TROs, and more songs will tell...;) 7/10 That song has made me hungry...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USMCgKUBEc&feature=colike[/youtube]

Education can't be confiscated at the border
  • I have no idea what I just watched...Was it a commercial? Huli Chicken...WTF? I laughed anyway...it was a fun little song. Good times... 6/10

"As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away."
  • It's okay... I can tolerate it, but I don't particularly like it... 5/10

It's Stax/Volt time!

• It's alright, but the backing vocals make this song kind of... Cheesy. The song itself isn't bad, but it doesn't really do anything for me - maybe I'm just not familiar enough with this style of music, but it sounds a little nondescript. 5/10.

"He fumbles at your soul, as players at the keys.
    Before they drop full music on, he stuns you by degrees.
    Prepares your brittle nature, for the ethereal blow.
    By fainter hammers. Further heard.
    Then nearer. Then so slow."
  • One of the better female fronted bands. The video is really good and the song is even better. Liked it. :) 8/10

• Wow... what a weird ass video. Besides that, the song is pretty amazing. Added the band to the library. :) Loved the intro. 8.5/10

• This is rather pleasant, and catchy. I wouldn't buy their record based on this song, however, this is still rather enjoyable. 7/10.

(The song starts at about 0:42 seconds in)

"He fumbles at your soul, as players at the keys.
    Before they drop full music on, he stuns you by degrees.
    Prepares your brittle nature, for the ethereal blow.
    By fainter hammers. Further heard.
    Then nearer. Then so slow."
    • fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 13 2012, 18:10
    .... This was very........................................................... scary. :o The video is okay but the singing..... 1/10.. And i don't like the sining in the backgaound

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPu2PdLW3I&ob=av2e[/youtube]

• I remember this song! I'm not really a fan at all, but 7/10 for childhood nostalgia :)

• fallob ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 14 2012, 11:55
    this was a good song.. :) 6.5/10 maybe... (: I like this kindof music. Videos with the band just playing is usually pretty boring and so was this but only when they played.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZioV5d3osg&feature=related[/youtube]

• Absolute love!! :D 10/10

• I don't like it at all... not much about it... 2/10

• meh, nothing special it's mtv pop music. I do enjoy some songs by the cranberries especially from their album "bury the hatchet", but this just generic "easy" music.

Lard (Jello Biafra) - Can God Fill Teeth:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZPV73jB0N6Q[/youtube]

• Spoken word stuff? In the middle I had an urgent feeling to stop it, but I listened to it in its entirety. Never again. I don't like it. :( 0/10

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.