Time Normalised Chart

• Time Normalised Chart

I have created a GreaseMonkey script to give you the option to view a play time based version of your or any other user's artist chart. This uses the feed created by mattperdeaux (see here). The script is available here.

• mattperdeaux has updated his feed to support the 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month artist charts. I've uploaded a new version of the GreaseMonkey script (same link), which should work now work with with these charts (it will identify the chart on your page and use the relevant feed).

• Thanks, gadgetchannel. Added! :)

• Glukoz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 27 2007, 14:28

OMG

THANK YOU@!!!!!!!!!!!!!#$@^^$#@!

• I have updated this script to fix a problem caused by a security fix in the latest version of Greasemonkey (0.7.20080121.0) which prevented switching between time and play based charts.

• Thanks, gadget. I'll get the list updated in a day or so. :)

• _Tarkus_ ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2008, 23:34
    I know this worked for me before, but the new version doesn't seem to do anything, other than switch back and forth the link to change formats. The charts themselves remain the same. I even did a complete uninstall of the old version first.

• It looks OK for me on your page with the latest version. Your overall top artists is giving these top 3's for me:

Play-Based Chart
    1King's X615
    2Emerson, Lake & Palmer614
    3Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush588

Time-Based Chart
    1Yes2976
    2Led Zeppelin2820
    3Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush2778

It takes a couple of seconds for the chart to change (the links to change don't appear during this time).

If this is still not working for you, maybe something is blocking the access to the XML feed used by the script.

• _Tarkus_ ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 26 2008, 3:31
    I gave it about 10 minutes, but no change. I'll try experimenting a bit and see if I can find the culprit.

• _Tarkus_ ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 26 2008, 5:53
    Hmm...without doing anything other than surfing around a bit, my chart is now showing the times, though other charts are still showing play counts.

• weemies ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 27 2008, 0:30
    Doesn't work.

• der_Moep ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 10 2008, 9:41
    _Tarkus_ said:
    [...]doesn't seem to do anything, other than switch back and forth the link to change formats. The charts themselves remain the same. I even did a complete uninstall of the old version first.

same problem here!!!

• Doesn't seem to work for me..

-|- The Dukey fanclub-|- -Don't even begin to think you're worthy. Part of the Scrobbler Barbarian Horde, we own you. -|- Come howl with us!!! powerwolf - Come howl with us Join the pack!-|-
  • It doesn't seem to be working for me either.

• I've just uploaded a new version, which should hopefully fix the problems. It appears that there have been slight changes to the chart layouts for the overall charts, which broke the code which generated the play buttons for that artists. I have changed this to fix it and also to make it more robust and (hopefully) more resistant to potential future layout changes (or at least easier to fix).

• _Tarkus_ ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 17 2008, 19:04
    Seems to be working fine with the Overall charts, at least. Thanks for the update!

Too bad it's not compatible with Chart Changes, though that's probably not realistic.

• der_Moep ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 19 2008, 16:13
    gadgetchannel said:
    I've just uploaded a new version, which should hopefully fix the problems. It appears that there have been slight changes to the chart layouts for the overall charts, which broke the code which generated the play buttons for that artists. I have changed this to fix it and also to make it more robust and (hopefully) more resistant to potential future layout changes (or at least easier to fix).

Thx for the update!
    Seems to be working fine again!

• This has now been updated to work with the new layout.
    When you view any artist chart other than "Last 7 days" on a profile, two extra tabs will appear below the chart selection tabs, "Play-Based Chart" and "Time-Based Chart", which will allow you to switch between the views.
    When you switch chart ranges there is a delay before this is picked up, and the updated chart created.
    Changing the mode between play-based and time-based based is persistent (so you can view all the ranges in a time-based view without reselecting the option each time).

• _Tarkus_ ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 26 2008, 15:23
    Sweet, thanks for another cool update!

• Thanks, updated!

• I have just uploaded another fix to this script. There was an issue with the caching (it stores the chart HTML in variables to avoid repeatedly requesting the feed), which caused the wrong chart to be displayed sometimes.
    I've also improved the response time when the chart range is changed.

• Thanks, updated!

• gvda ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 30 2008, 16:25
    Thanks, works like a charm!

• Sagehorn ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 26 2008, 15:59

what about...?

okay, this addon is very nice!
    i cant imagine my life without it...
    but what about the same shit für the track-charts!?
    don't stop working! ;-)
    jan

• Sagehorn ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 27 2008, 21:44

!!!

!!!

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.