What warped you?

• What warped you?

So . . . what warped all you sick fuckers? For me it was my raisin' in a Bible thumpin', child molestin' household.

I do love me a good blaspheme!

• Ulgan ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 16 2009, 19:34
    I was just born this way I guess, eheh. There's just something in good old fanatic, zealous brimstone 'n' hellfire christianity which appeals to my heathen soul. If there's one thing the christians have got nailed down (apart from that Jebus guy), it's the whole christian endtimes-thing. I don't think any religion has as powerful and potent end-of-the-world imagery as christianity has.

And, of course, the taste of sin is too sweet to ignore. Which makes a band like Those Poor Bastards just what the doctor prescribed.

• I think this evil type of country excretes a kind of evil pheromone that attracts metalheads. Hell, that's what lead *me* down this god-forsaken path - I was introduced to Those Poor Bastards by someone on the forums for the band black metal band Sigh. My soul just hasn't been the same since.

And by looking at the charts of some of the members, I think my claim holds some water.

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 21 2009, 11:40
    My dad dropped me on my head when I was a baby.

• I don't think a special warping experience was involved... thank god (muaha) I'm from a reasonably secular country and didn't receive a religious upbringing.

I just enjoy macabre and dark twisted stuff as much as the next guy.

• I grew up with Readers Digest as the only outlet for my morbid curiosity. My mom was so glad I was reading such an upright Christian publication. She didn't know I was only in it for the bear maulings and crippled babies bracketed between the glory halellujahs.

So I guess that godly publication bent me ;).

Sometimes there were even pictures. Gory pictures, necroticizing spider bites and such not.

• Dustache ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 17 2009, 19:48
    There was *this* guy at a forum, and he had an avatar of Lonesome Wyatt and a sig which was a snip from Crooked Man, so one day I asked that guy give me some interesting music and he said I should go for TPB, I heard Black Lightning and that's that.

The preachers of doom got me.

• antojnne ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 22 2011, 10:39

I've been interested in Demonology, mythology, and religion ever since I can remember. At first it was a literary obsession, but then I discovered some good movies and tv shows on the subject. Finally, a friend suggested I listen to Those Poor Bastards. My soul's been dyin' ever since.

Freedom from disturbance of mind or passion; imperturbability.
  • heavy drinking, pot smoking, 70's and 80's metal and punk. then a look through my dads records and i was converted. there was a darker side to country and i thank the fucking lord that i found it!

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.