The Album Art Scavenger Hunt

• The Album Art Scavenger Hunt

Rules:

Each poster will write an objective to be completed by the following poster. Objectives
    should be some visual property of a non-specific album, such as the examples below, and the person who has found an album meeting the criteria posts a new objective. Perhaps for additional difficulty, there can be a bonus objective for the same album (that does not need to be met and is only for an increased challenge).

Examples:

Objective: an album with sheep on it.

Purity Ring - EP

Objective: an album with no text. [bonus if it is in black and white.]

Bon Iver - Bon Iver

Simple enough? I suppose I will start simply then...

Objective: an album with a person smoking. [bonus if they are the only person]

Next Objective: A mosaic album cover

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”

"You may not be interested in The Ancient (Dis)Order of the Last FM Platinum Round Table, but The Ancient (Dis)Order of the Last FM Platinum Round Table is interested in you." - Leon Trotsky.

• A cover with a girl wearing a skirt on it

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 22 2012, 13:42
    Brilliant idea SaltComplex! :D You always come up with good threads.

20 Jazz Funk Greats by Throbbing Gristle

Next objective; Photograph/drawing/etc of a deformed or disfigured person.

• spam

Modificato da Babs_05 in data Mag 22 2012, 16:01
  • Double Live

"Double Live" by Butthole Surfers

Next Objective: An album cover containing rainbows & unicorns

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”

"You may not be interested in The Ancient (Dis)Order of the Last FM Platinum Round Table, but The Ancient (Dis)Order of the Last FM Platinum Round Table is interested in you." - Leon Trotsky.

• Also the album "Who Will Cut Your Hair When We're Gone" by the Unicorns has a rainbow in it... it does not have Unicorns, but the word Unicorns is written, so I guess it would have worked too.

Next objective : An album cover made of a photo taken in the toilets (excluding Beggar's Banquet)

"Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that pussy"
    Aesop Rock
    • ausoj ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 26 2012, 0:53
    Human Toilet – Human Toilet

Next Objective: An album cover with clouds somewhere and without words.

• I hoped for one by Mr Muthafuckin' Exquire !

Noir Désir - 666.667 Club

Next Objective : Dinosaur(s) [bonus if it wears a tie]

"Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that pussy"
    Aesop Rock
  • I tried to find one with a tie, but I kinda really wanted to post this one as it is an exceptional unknown band.

You Bred Raptors? - Lex & Tim

I am pleased with the warm embrace you have all given this game. Cheers!

Objective: an album with a very large centric circle [bonus for two albums with this criteria]

• This is such a good idea for a game!

The Resistance by Muse

Festival Thyme by ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

Next objective: an album cover showing a guy who has a neckbeard.

• The Flaming Lips & Stardeath And White Dwarfs -The Dark Side Of The Moon

(an awesome neckbeard, at that, and a damned respectable album. Out of curiosity, are the albums you post from your own libraries or do you search elsewhere for them?)

Objective: an album with a photograph inside of text [bonus if the rest of the cover is just negative space]

• ...Too difficult?

• I'll start over? Okay...

An album with intestines.

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."
  • RudeGorilla said:
    I'll start over? Okay...

Maybe someone will resolve it still... :<

Hello Cruel World - Sole and the Skyrider Band

(I feel somewhat accomplished to have yet to venture beyond mine own library)

Objective: an album with symmetric art [bonus if it is completely symmetric (words if there are any inclusive)]

• I'd rather stay in my library, I don't want to dig much more than necessary. Couldn't get the bonus points, so here's two.

Sweet Sour, by Band of Skulls
    and,

Salival, by Tool.

An album cover with a cat and a dog. [Bonus if the cat and the dog aren't coming from the sky.]

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."
  • Kind of deceptively awful album art. I almost feel the need to defend them...

Miami Ice - Icy Demons

Objective: an album with one or more airplanes [bonus if they are paper airplanes]

• Fuelie79 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 11 2012, 8:45

Five Finger Death Punch - War Is The Answer

Next Objective: An album with a couch [Bonus for nobody sitting on the couch]

• Dammit, I can't tell if this is an uncomfy couch or a table next to a wall...

And I don't know if this is large enough to be considered a couch :

Anyway, without the bonus I could still go with :
    Oasis - Definitely Maybe
    The New York Dolls - The New York Dolls
    The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground

I want An Album with anything but the band's logo (bonus if the band/artist name does not appear in the logo)

Aesop Rock
  • I am not sure if I understand the objective correctly, as "an album with anything [except] the band's logo" would be too easy and with the bonus, I feel as if the objective was meant to be "an album with[out] anything but the band's logo (bonus if the band/artist name does not appear in the logo)" If so, I feel this is acceptable...

(That image of the jackalope is synonymous with the band now that it appears on both of their LPs)

Objective: an album with someone (or some persons) underwater [bonus if photographer or perspective is from above or outside of the water]

• Yeah, excuse my English, I was waiting for something like the XX cover or this one :

I got 6 or 7 album covers taken underwater but can't remember that damn one taken from outside, so nevermind, I'll let time for someone else to answer

Aesop Rock
  • I sincerely considered posting the XX self-titled album though decided against it reasoning that a sans serif "x" may not constitute a logo. I know that the album condition is something more common with metal artists and such but my library is lighter on those. I thought my answer sufficed, anyway.

Very few people seem invested in this thread (even enough to view, sadly), so by all means, post without the bonus as to have it remain active and save it from the banal depths of so many threads past.

(To reiterate- Objective: an album with someone (or some persons) underwater [bonus if photographer or perspective is from above or outside of the water]

• Seederman ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Giu 16 2012, 5:20

Next objective: an album cover showing an abandoned industrial facility

edited to replace pic, which went awol

Modificato da Seederman in data Giu 17 2012, 15:21
  • [double post]

Modificato da SaltComplex in data Giu 20 2012, 5:42

• Our Last Hope Lost Hope - Our Last Hope Lost Hope

Objective: an album with the cover art intentionally rotated 90 degrees (sideways) [bonus if instead the art is instead rotated 180 degrees (upside-down)]

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.