First ECM

• First ECM

What was the first ECM recording you ever heard and/or purchased? Here is mine...

David
  • Ralph Towner: Diary

1978 I was fifteen, hated jazz, loved progressive rock. Came home from school to find that my brother had bought a new lp. Ralph Towner: Diary, with a minimalistic cover photo. Light blue sky, dark blue ocean, nothing more.
    I put the first side on, listened to the whole first side, and thought "What boring music is this?". I didn't care to listen to the second side.
    In the evening when my brother was home, he was in the basement at the stereo, while I was on the ground floor looking at television. I heard some music quiet in the background from the basement and thought it sounded interesting. I went down to him and asked about it and found out it was the same record that I had considered boring.
    The track was "The Silence of a Candle". I heard the whole track and found it was good. After many listenings the next day I went absolutely high on that piece. It played in my head for several whole schooldays.
    I learned to like the other tracks too, especially Ogden Road and Icarus. Later the others as well.
    This was my first entry into jazz, and I'm grateful for that ticket into the jazz world of experience.

Link: Diary

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 3 2010, 0:01

Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert

Changed my life...

• John Abercrombie - Timeless

Love this album so much--perfection!

• monnargh ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 6 2010, 19:53

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 23 2010, 21:53

Keith Jarrett - The Köln Concert

I am a writer and journalist. Once, i wrote an article and listen to some unknon music. Then my wife come in and asked me, what strange music I hear and why I am beating such a strange rhythms on my typewriter :-) At this moment I realized, I've got hypnotized from Keith. It was the beginning of a wonderful friendship ...

• thagor22 ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Gen 9 2011, 21:44
  • Keith Jarrett: The Köln Concert and The Nude Ants.
    Thanks, Miriam!

• Keith Jarrett: The Köln Concert and The Nude Ants.
    Thanks, Miriam!

• Keith Jarrett - Belonging.

• Acho que já respondi... :-)

• :-))

• Timo_M ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 2 2013, 13:46
    The first ECM I heard was..

Return To Forever

..and it is still amazing.

• kathaar ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 7 2013, 18:27

first ECM record was,

Keith Jarrett - The Survivors’ Suite

blown away by this album..

• Shankar - Vision. The next day bought Song for Everyone.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.