[Review] Dark Castle - Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

• KMFCM ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 10 2011, 3:23

[Review] Dark Castle - Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

Dark Castle - Surrender to all life beyond form
    This is definitely one of the creepier sludge bands you will hear this year. The flanger heavy guitar and the odd female vocals (which is probably one of the only times you'll realize this band has a female singer. . .at least if you've never seen a photo. The vocals actually sound like CT from Rwake a lot of the time. You'd never guess.) in the beginning of the title track could throw you off a bit. You won't be expecting it to get as heavy as it does, especially for a band with no bass. There really are no dull moments. . .except maybe "spirit ritual". . .which is a bit too long for what it is. Other departures from the bands sound are more successful. "to hide is to die" has keyboards that sound sort of 80s/Horse the band-ish, and I know what you might expect when you hear them, but relax, this is not one of those Nacthmystium disco new wave revival songs. Instead, it's more industrial sounding. "learning to unlearn", has piano and sounds like something the Swans would do (or, that one Today is the Day song "death requiem"). I think you could play this album in a haunted house, honestly. . .and I don't mean that in a cheesy way at all. It just fits (certainly better than most "halloween" music).

8.5/10

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.