new findings?

• adistu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 16 2006, 14:25

new findings?

Tell everyone what dark cabaret bands you've recently found.

I'll start with Motherhead Bug, very beautiful music, sounds (and has a relationship - see the bond with Cop Shoot Cop) a bit like older ( "The Man On The Burning Tightrope" ) Firewater tracks.
    Next, check out IANVA, pretty strange sound, but very enjoyable.

I'll post more when I'll hear something new and fun. Hope you do the same.

• Recently: Flipron, The Peculiar Pretzelmen, Humanwine, and Sophe Lux.

Also saw My Brightest Diamond open for DeVotchKa a couple weeks back, and while I think her sound's a bit broader, she's definitely been influenced by cabaret stylings. She sang songs by Kurt Weill and Nina Simone.

• adistu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 19 2006, 19:35
    Flipron really are amazing. Humanwine sounds like something really interesting but I just can't seem to find any music from them to download.

I recently found out about Circus Contraption. I just felt in love with this band. I'm slapping myself for not listening to this earlier, me being a bit into the circus-music sound. Best personal discovery in a long time. I'm sure they will rise up my charts faster than i can say damn. Checking out their similar artists I've came across Clare Fader & The Vaudevillains - beautiful female vocals and nice cabaret band in general; worth checking out.

• You should be able to download mp3s from Humanwine on their last.fm page.

• adistu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 22 2006, 12:56
    one track won't do for me :P. but no worry, i just found two lps. soulseek's wishlist's a gold mine. i'm downloading it right now :) but from the samples they really sound .. pretty.

• rudovous ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 11 2007, 13:51

RUDOVOUS

And what about the Rudovous? It's certainly a cabaret, but is it dark enough for you? ;-)

• what about Pretty Balanced and their album? Official site

Just found 2 tracks and a demo-track by Revue Noir. You can find something here

• My latest finding Pitchman Benito Bernanos & The Hungry Hungry Heroin Chics is kinda cabaretish in a exciting vaudevillian kind of way.

• harlequin jones

this is my first post ever, but i just found the band Harlequin Jones. theyre a little like the dresden dolls, and the dolls are my fave so you might want to give them a listen.

happy to be in this group!!! i hope the link works....

The blues is losing your love then lacking money to immerse yourself in drink.
    • Baschdi ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 29 2008, 15:04
    I think the German gothic rock band Untoten could be described as dark cabaret as well.
    Also the German chansonette Meret Becker makes great cabaretesque songs with dark lyrics.
    I don't know if The Deadfly Ensemble was mentioned here already, also great experimental dark cabaret from NY.

These are my most recent findings, hope to be able to give good recommendations to you guys ;-).

"Das Zeug, das Du schreibst, haben nur Google-Roboter gelesen"

- Lehmann: Intergalaktisch
  • Yeah I really like Harlequin Jones I'd say.
    check her out!

A lot of recent finds that I can't keep track of.

© wedding bells on a thursday.
    • Baschdi ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 6 2008, 11:15
    Harlequin Jones and The Peculiar Pretzelmen were really great recommendations, I liked them a lot :-)

Thanks!

• :D Indeed

© wedding bells on a thursday.
  • jacques casanova and the dandys

Jacques Casanova,is a spanish cabaret pop band ,whose front man, Jordi Maranges, was a former member of the duo El Piano Ardiendo.
    I found it in myspace and they're really good.

http://www.myspace.com/jacquescasanova

• rodriguj ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 16 2008, 8:39

Bands

I've only recently got on last.fm. The reason I did was because of a Houston (my home) group called Two Star Symphony. It's a string quartet I learned about a year ago because they did a live musical score to The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. They are awesome. Only through them have I learned about cabaret, steampunk, darkwave, and stuff like that. Anyhoo... some other bands: Bellowhead, Beat Circus,, Blackcat Revival, Gogol Bordello, Rx Medicine Show (also from Houston), White Ghost Shivers, SepiaChord, The Scarring Party. Some of these might not be on last.fm, but you should look them up anyway. Try myspace or something.

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 22 2008, 11:16
    my stats change like weather. in this mmnt my ♥'s belong to Zoë Keating , Tara Fuki and another fantastic musick - Ikue Mori ; Inga Liljeström . . .

• birdeatsbaby anyone?

• Utente
    • Dic 7 2008, 12:09
    Hello. I'd like to introduce Martin Martini and the Bone Palace Orchestra.
    Martin is simply my favorite DC performer. Also try out The Bad Things, they're great too. Enjoy. =)

• Utente
    • Dic 9 2008, 21:26
    Found some The Hellblinki Sextet among my mp3's. Check them too. Sounds fun =)

• Paul321 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 16 2008, 0:52
    I discovered Lonely Drifter Karen. An european band wich mixes up cabaret, mediterranean music and pop. Very interesting!

• I found Joe Black) . A wonderful mix of a "scary" voice, accordion and piano. For those who like Dark Cabret))

O.o
  • Humanwine!

i downloaded their album through torrent ..

just found it on google

• There are several i have not seen mentioned.
    The Real Tuesday Weld
    The Dead Brothers
    Dame Darcy
    Clare Fader
    Voltaire sorta fits the genre.
    I think Rasputina was probably already mentioned...
    The Deep Eynde's first album City Lights would also fit into this genre.

• trousseaux and bird eats baby

• Baschdi ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 6 2010, 8:08
    listening to Schneewittchen a lot recently

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.