Double question: Other band drummers you like and which bands you like to play along…

• Yes chris pennie is a GREAT drummer love him, totally crazy :P... i would add Neil pert love that man ^^

• Personally I don't think lars Ulrich adds much to metallica apart from general insane thrash style and generic beats which arguably he played a part in innovating but he is way overated imo.
    If I had to make a list of drummers I aspire to and add to the music they would be:

Matt cameron: Soundgarden, almost as good with odd time signatures than Carey himself and just generally a don

Mike portnoy: Dream theater, some find dream theater a bit OTT and over-dramatic but give them a listen, Portnoy is so fucking good it doesnt matter if the lyrics are cringy

Tim "herb" Alexander: Primus, I fucking love playing primus shit, herb is definately Primus' best drummer and he properly makes a difference to the music, listen to all of frizzle fry and sailing the seas of cheese

Jimmy C: Smashing Pumpkins, need I say anymore for this beast of a man? If you like jellybelly then buy the jimmy chamberlin complex, the songs are like 1 level up from the pumpkins, bar songs like cash car star and geek usa if you get my jist....

Stephen Perkins: Jane's addiction, although not as technically amazing as above he still packs a punch on ritual de lo habitual

-Slam
  • my other favourites in no particular order...

joey jordison - slipknot
    chirs adler - lamb of god
    jimmy c - smashing pumpkins

• Tomas Haake [Meshuggah]
    Dave Lombardo [Slayer]
    Gavin Harrison [Porcupine Tree]
    Martin Lopez [Opeth]
    Matt McDonoughe [Mudvayne]

• Can't believe no one has mentioned the John Bonham of the modern age: Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch. He might not play the most technical form of drumming, but he can groove like no other.

I also agree on Martin lopez, definitely more than just a "metal drummer", he added some amazing feel and innovation to Opeth's music.

I'd also like to add Gene Hoglan to the list, that guy's a beast with a unique playing style.

"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
  • how can you leave out Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience?

Personal favorite: Keith Moon (I know, I know... back off)

Jimmy Chamberlin and Matt Cameron get nominated also.

• WerBack ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2009, 18:48
    there are several punk acts that have and unusual drummers - I mean most punk songs are kick-boom-kick-oh,noesIhitthebeer. But bands like

Dead Kennedys' ex-drummer Bruce Slesinger made us not forget the Holiday in Cambodia and that California was Uber Alles
    NoMeansNo - YesMeansYes, Bruce Slesinger is the Best! Some 40 years old punks still remember that quote - I'm too young to do so, but still, this guy has and impressive style.

Also, speaking of "strange" music - Alice in Chains' drummer Sean Kinney has pretty good style, giving the band an unique sounding.

Rage Against the Machine and Brad Wilk's strange fusion of rock, funk and punk, as well as imitating hip-hop beats owns too.

Most of the real progressive acts out there - Tool we mentioned, Meshuggah too. Porcupine Tree, Gojira. Not the modern "progressive" crap.

• Neil Peart
    Chris Adler
    Gavin Harrison
    Martin Lopez

• Dale Crover
    Coady Willis
    Joey Barron

• JoJo Majer
    Terry Bozzio
    Bonham
    tony royster jr.

• EmilSumm ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 16 2009, 17:03
    Gavin Harrison, Porcupine Tree.
    Inferno, Behemoth.
    Brann Dailor, Mastodon.
    Mike Portnoy, Dream Theater.
    Martin Lopez, Opeth.
    Christopher Tsagakis, The Sound Of Animals Fighting.
    Jonno Lodge, Biomechanical.
    Danny Walker, Intronaut.

• Tomas Haake (Top Guy Ever)
    George Kollias
    Alexander Pelletier

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Nov 6 2010, 20:04
    Neil Peart (Rush)
    Keith Moon (The Who)
    Danny Carey (Tool)
    Stewart Copeland (The Police)
    Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.