Audioscrobbler.app 0.9.13

• Feature requesr: Artist name conflict resolution: http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/563165/1#f10475084

• Trick to get the widget on your desktop. If you have an Apple keyboard, swap out the F12 key for the F4 key.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/dashboard_widgets_on_my_mac_os_x_desktop.html

• The Widget doesn't update on the desktop on Snow Leopard. :(

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 8 2010, 0:54

Minimalist

So what exactly is lacking from the minimalist branch. I would like to have a scrobbler that simply exists in the background with no menu item or dock app visible. The widget is a nice touch, however not necessary. I like the idea of ratings=loved.

Is this all what the minimalist branch does? If so, how can I get my hands on it. I've tried downloading the source and compiling, but for some reason I cant wrap my head around git right now.

Can anyone help?

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Mar 19 2010, 16:55
    Sl33pwalker said:
    The Widget doesn't update on the desktop on Snow Leopard. :(

It only updates when you reload the dashboard, indeed. Needs to be fixed, though it's not trivial.

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Mar 19 2010, 16:57

Re: Minimalist

jallenhayslett said:
    So what exactly is lacking from the minimalist branch. I would like to have a scrobbler that simply exists in the background with no menu item or dock app visible. The widget is a nice touch, however not necessary. I like the idea of ratings=loved.

Is this all what the minimalist branch does? If so, how can I get my hands on it. I've tried downloading the source and compiling, but for some reason I cant wrap my head around git right now.

Can anyone help?

The minimalist branch is the one that I distribute.

If you just want an iTunes plugin that scrobbles in the background with no menu item (would you want Growl with that?) then it would be pretty easy to adapt the existing code. That would be the ultimate minimal solution.

• I modified the statusbar icon slightly, the 1px shadow underneath the icon is now 40% opaque, it looks better IMO:

download it and put it inside Audioscrobbler.app as icon.png

Thanks for this awesome scrobbler!

• Utente
    • Apr 19 2010, 0:43

Re: Re: Minimalist

mxcl said:
    The minimalist branch is the one that I distribute.

If you just want an iTunes plugin that scrobbles in the background with no menu item (would you want Growl with that?) then it would be pretty easy to adapt the existing code. That would be the ultimate minimal solution.

That would basically be exactly what I'm looking for. My ideal solution would simply scrobble music, ignore podcasts, books, and video, and run in the background with no menu item. The rating/love link is a nice touch. Growl is unnecessary, at least for me. If it could be built into a System Preference pane, that would be perfect, but that's just extra.

Right now my simple solution is to run Bowtie with a blank theme. It gets the job done, but its a bit of overkill.

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 7 2010, 0:26
    Updated to Audioscrobbler Protocol 2.0.

Which means it should show Growl notifications for suggested metadata corrections now. As well as be somewhat more reliable and robust (in theory).

Protocol 2.0 is not fleshed out or complete at this point, so there may be server-side outages or errors etc.

• Utente
    • Giu 9 2010, 16:38
    0.9.10 doesn't allow scrobbling of tracks which have umlauted letters. :\

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 11 2010, 10:54
    Yeah I hate umlauts. Songs with umlauts aren't valid songs IMO.

[edit] This should be fixed, either server side (soon), or with the next release (later).

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 26 2010, 15:23

0.9.11 Released

* Fixed the non latin1 character problems (apologies)
    * Added a tonne of error handling
    * Updated to use new protocol 2.0 features that were added since last time.

http://www.methylblue.com/audioscrobbler/Audioscrobbler-0.9.11-mxcl.zip

• tehabe ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 26 2010, 23:20

Everytime Auth?

0.9.11 asks everytime for authorisation, when I start the application.

• tehabe ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 26 2010, 23:20

Signatured invalid, now playing failed

Quite a few new bugs in the current release, I guess downgrading is an option.

• Weird error

0.9.11 i get this error everytime i play a song, and i dont think its scrobbling anything either because of it

http://grab.by/59JZ

• nvm

its working fine now, must have just been a server side issue

edit

weird, it seems some songs work but others dont. I dont know whats going on

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 27 2010, 10:30
    Basically anything with an albumArtist gets rejected. I've reported the bug. We'll have to wait for Tim to get off his lazy ass. Or until then use this preliminary 0.9.12:

http://www.methylblue.com/audioscrobbler/Audioscrobbler-0.9.12.zip

@tehabe my guess is the protocol 2 server is buggy again. I've seen similar stuff during testing that magically stopped after much frustrating bug hunting on my part.

• tehabe ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 27 2010, 13:52

Authorization bug

What about the authorization bug? Is it a bug with the protocol 2/server or is it a feature that I have to authorize Audioscrobbler with every launch?

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 28 2010, 9:56

Re: Authorization bug

tehabe said:
    What about the authorization bug? Is it a bug with the protocol 2/server or is it a feature that I have to authorize Audioscrobbler with every launch?
    If it's happening, it's a bug. Stay tuned I'll fix it as I can.

• Utente
    • Giu 29 2010, 15:07

Re: Authorization bug

tehabe said:
    What about the authorization bug?

Yeah, the app lost my authorization, and clicking on the notification doesn't let me supply my credentials anywhere, and doesn't launch the site to do OAuth/whatever to link the account.

Just scrobbling into the wind, now. :(

• Error Code 11

Great scrobbler, definitely my favorite!

However, after updating to v0.9.11 from v0.9.10, I always get the following error (Code 11) when it plays a new track:

Unknown server error occurred for method: user.updateNowPlaying.

and nothing is scrobbled, presumably because of this other error (Code 11 again but different message):

Unknown server error occurred for method: track.scrobble.

Any ideas?

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 30 2010, 9:58

Re: Error Code 11

chocobanana said:
    However, after updating to v0.9.11 from v0.9.10, I always get the following error (Code 11) when it plays a new track:

Unknown server error occurred for method: user.updateNowPlaying.

and nothing is scrobbled, presumably because of this other error (Code 11 again but different message):

Unknown server error occurred for method: track.scrobble.

Any ideas?
    Download the 0.9.12 version. Although hopefully it's fixed by now? As it was a server side bug.

• mxcl ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Giu 30 2010, 10:00

Re: Re: Authorization bug

namtastic said:
    tehabe said:
    What about the authorization bug?

Yeah, the app lost my authorization, and clicking on the notification doesn't let me supply my credentials anywhere, and doesn't launch the site to do OAuth/whatever to link the account.

Just scrobbling into the wind, now. :(
    Did you check your open browser windows? Because the one-line openFuckingWebBrowserThanksOSX that I use is pretty much not going to ever fail.

• Utente
    • Giu 30 2010, 17:11

Re: Re: Re: Authorization bug

mxcl said:
    Did you check your open browser windows? Because the one-line openFuckingWebBrowserThanksOSX that I use is pretty much not going to ever fail.

Of course I did, silly.
    I *am* running Safari 5 with extensions, tho'. Maybe that did something.

[Edited] Turned off extensions, quit all apps (Safari, AS, iTunes), restarted AS then iTunes, played a track -- AS said it needed auth, but did not open (i.e. launch) Safari.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.