ALBUM OF THE YEARR!?!!

• love the bashing

this forum is for album of the year, let people have their opinions without getting hassled. its ridiculous, there's more shit talking then anything on here, get a damn life...

best of 07' so far "for me" would have to be comeback kid & explosions.

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 1 2007, 12:59
    iwasneveryoung said:
    WOW THANKS A LOT NOW I REALLY GET IT WOW YOU ARE SO ARTICULATE AND SMART WOW.

really, thanks. thanks a lot.

Oh no, I am such a cretin for feeling like I did not have to respond in a genuine manner to you and your questioning of my musical taste!

• beeradicalfowla said:
    this forum is for album of the year, let people have their opinions without getting hassled. its ridiculous, there's more shit talking then anything on here, get a damn life...

Can I still rip on bands that suck?

But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
  • TotallyMandy said:
    iwasneveryoung said:
    WOW THANKS A LOT NOW I REALLY GET IT WOW YOU ARE SO ARTICULATE AND SMART WOW.

really, thanks. thanks a lot.

Oh no, I am such a cretin for feeling like I did not have to respond in a genuine manner to you and your questioning of my musical taste!

i wasn't questioning your musical taste, ass. i actually want to know why you like the new Modest Mouse record, because i find it generally boring, so i am genuinely curious about why some other people enjoy it. for example, do you have a long history with MM, or did you first hear them when "Float On" became a hit? do you think We Were Dead... went in too predictable a direction or do you think it was right? do you think Johnny Marr's ability made any kind of difference to the band or was just window-dressing?

shit, don't accuse me of being a dick when i'm not even trying. i asked why you like an album, i'm not attacking you. well, i wasn't, until i called you an ass for no particular reason.

• Utente
    • Mag 2 2007, 5:09
    I've liked modest mouse since I was 14, which was 2000. So, no, I did not jump on the float on bandwagon. I genuinely find the new album interesting, sometimes even pretty [on little motel]. I dig the opening of the album, with what I think is a chord organ, but I could be wrong. There are very interesting intricities throughout the album, which are intruiging. I do think that it was a little predictable, but still came out pretty well. It was no Lonesome Crowded West [which is my favorite MM album], but it definately wasn't as boring as good news. As for Marr, I really don't think he added too much to the band as it was. I don't think they added him simply BECAUSE he was well-known, but I don't think he's doing much for them.

And sorry, it just seemed like you were being an ass. It happens when things get misinterpreted via type.

• TotallyMandy said:
    I've liked modest mouse since I was 14, which was 2000. So, no, I did not jump on the float on bandwagon. I genuinely find the new album interesting, sometimes even pretty [on little motel]. I dig the opening of the album, with what I think is a chord organ, but I could be wrong. There are very interesting intricities throughout the album, which are intruiging. I do think that it was a little predictable, but still came out pretty well. It was no Lonesome Crowded West [which is my favorite MM album], but it definately wasn't as boring as good news. As for Marr, I really don't think he added too much to the band as it was. I don't think they added him simply BECAUSE he was well-known, but I don't think he's doing much for them.

And sorry, it just seemed like you were being an ass. It happens when things get misinterpreted via type.

no it's cool. i got into MM sometime after my sixteenth birthday, maybe six to twelve months before Good News was released (which itself was a couple months before "Float On", if i remember correctly; that's why i was even more surprised when it ended up being a radio hit that summer), so maybe that's why we're backwards on our opinions of the two most recent records. i really like Good News, because i was just taking in so much Modest Mouse music at once that the progression from This Is A Long Drive... to Good News. was really really interesting, and one of the most creative musical happenings i had yet to be privy to. West is my favorite, as well, so i really don't think either of the two newest albums hold up to that one at all, but i'd definitely say Good News is superior: it was poppy, but not too poppy, and still moved in a pretty different and new and interesting direction, despite the generally less harsh aesthetic of Moon & Anarctica. there are definitely some nice moments on We Were Dead, and some really catchy songs, but i don't think anything on there is all that interesting (clearly one my biggest standards for MM), which is kind of exactly what i was expecting/dreading. i'd say We Were Dead is a really good pop record, but not a great Modest Mouse record.

• lcd soundsystem or panda bear

• Utente
    • Mag 16 2007, 5:08
    I STARTED LISTENING TO THEM ABOUT SIX MONTHS BEFORE THEY BECAME POPULAR

• certain genres and styles are just a little too obscure for a twelve-year-old, you know? Hanson, though, was very accessible. probably still is.

• Hanson was far too obscure for me. I've never been able to understand the "music played by guys girls think are really hot and scream about even though the music is absolutely terrible" genre.

But now it's me and luck
  • New Hot Rod Circuit = good
    New Clap Your Hands Say Yeah = Really, really good

But now it's me and luck
  • new feist album = excellente

• Utente
    • Mag 26 2007, 20:17
    Didn't Hanson come out with a new album recently? I thought I saw a review for it somewhere.

Picked up the new Feist and BRMC but haven't been able to listen to them yet. Mostly obsessing over two albums released last year.

Cassadaga is still my favorite though I haven't been listening to it much and there are a couple songs on it that I don't care for at all.
    No '07 music has really blown me away so far.

• Overall I've been a bit disappointed too, especially in the lack of a lot of quality punk/pop-punk/hardcore and the like (aside from the new Ted Leo obviously). Last year I found it really difficult to put together a top 10 list; this year... I'm sure I could put something together, but it would dwindle towards the end.

So far...

1. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Living With The Living
    2. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder
    3. Menomena - Friend And Foe
    4. Aqualung - Memory Man
    5. Comeback Kid - Broadcasting
    6. Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
    7. Hot Rod Circuit - The Underground Is A Dying Breed

HRC makes it simply because I haven't heard anything to top it yet.

But now it's me and luck
    • ral03050 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 2 2007, 15:40
    right now top 2 of this year so far would have to be

Minus The Bear- Planet of Ice
    Modest Mouse- We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

• The new Bad Brains album is absolutely fucking amazing. They still rock harder than some of these newer hardcore bands that are young enough to be their kids!

But now it's me and luck
  • a good newer hardcore band - Assholeparade

• There's a lot of good hardcore bands out there, Assholeparade being one of them. But man, I'm not sure there are too many that rock the way Bad Brains does.

But now it's me and luck
  • honourableone said:
    a good newer hardcore band - Assholeparade

Assholeparade's been around for like, 10 years, and recently broke up (albeit for a 2nd time, i think, so they might be back). i saw them in a dirty apartment in Brooklyn with the Holy Mountain, which is another awesome, brutal hardcore band that rules.

• If you want a newer, brutal hardcore band that rules, check out The Warriors. I'm desperately trying to find their albums somewhere other than iTunes.

But now it's me and luck
    • Utente
    • Giu 24 2007, 5:08
  • Sorry when I said newer it might have sounded weird, I meant still together, or modern or whatever. I didnt know they broke up again though.
    I like the warriors... yeah...

• RichoTB ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 26 2007, 8:21
    I was going to post my opinions, but I don't want to be teased! I get enough of that at school, I really don't want to be abused on the internet too!!!!

• RichoTB ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 26 2007, 8:27
    Fuck this, I'm doing it anyway!! I'll just never visit this thread again. That'll solve the problem.

I don't keep tabs on when the music is released, so it could be 2002, 2005, or even 2007. Whatever. But here's my top ones:

Yellowcard - Paper Walls
    TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
    On Letting Go - Circa Survive
    Deja Entendu - Brand New
    Your Favourite Weapon - Brand New
    Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard
    Lights and Sounds - Yellowcard
    North - Something Corporate
    ...is a real boy - Say Anything

I agree that Saosin and MCR is bad and so is a lot of other bands. But I'm not saying anything on the matter. I JUST WANT TO FIT IN

Please keep your abuse...um...whatever.

• RichoTB ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 26 2007, 8:29
    and also

October Fall - A Season in Hell
    The Poison - Bullet for my Valentine
    The Adventure - AVA

KEEP YOUR TEASING TO YOURSELF

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.