Forum » General Discussion

Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

• I always have facebook open but I'm probably on last.fm a lot more then anything.

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 23:38
    HankMulder said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    Well it's the 'too kind' words i sought out.

I guess i just don't like people being called idiots, just so negative and tells you more about the person saying it than what the people labelled are like.

These 'idiots' might call people idiots

The self-important people call people idiots.

You might call people idiots.

but you're all the same in calling people idiots.

Idiotic isn't it?

Then don't go to the IMDb.com boards. You ask a question about LOST and they call you an idiot because you don't know what's happening on that show!

I get what your saying but sometimes you have to fight back when some poster is being a douche. I haven't seen it on this board yet maybe that's why I like it!

Meh i just hate some peoples over-misanthropic negativity.

Haha i'm on some Lost discussions, and i'm not a snob, but i do have my own theories which i hate being picked apart by 14 year old dutch kid saying why don't we call the smoke monster/doppelganger Locke smokey?

Lmao WTF! Get off and play with your pokemon child. Lulz.

• LucasLimerence said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    It's handy for sharing some music, films, books, events [gigs], news stories, catching up with friends from all walks of life [not just uni-college] and other websites, its really last.fm+twitter for me.

I made an account on this before i had a Facebook, forgot about this account, and after a few months on Facebook someone invited me to Last.fm and i realised i already had an account.

Bebo was big in Ireland but now everyone has a Facebook, even old teachers, which is a laugh and ex's [so fuck?]

It has some uses but sure people will abuse it or criticise it. Maybe you have no friends and theres no one to talk to you on it, maybe you just hate random people wanting to add you and perv on your pictures, perhaps you just hate people and are a misanthrope. *shrugs*

Your not the only person who hates facebook, you'll not be the last but doesn't mean people can't find some good uses for it =]

In my opinion Myspace does a much better job than facebook for gigs, and musical things.

My Space has done wonders for many musicians and artists alike. So has Facebook, but only recently have the artists and musicians, started a mass migration to Facebook. This is due to Facebooks continued growth and preference among members, over the old My Space.

Social situations come and go with a generational like schedule. The internet is no different, in this aspect. I have always told the bands, use the social networks, but don't depend on them, because they have come and they will go, while being replaced by the 'next big thing'.

Personally, I like what LastFM does for artists and how easily any musician can belong, minus the glitz and glitter that clutters up MS and FB ;)

Yes, I have a Facebook under the alias Michael Dannon(CrybKeeper), a Twitter under the alias CrybKeeper(Michael The Viking) My Space: The Cryb, Casey's Bait Shack, Dard Hunter, Adona Graphics and The CrybKeepers.

Modificato da CrybKeeper in data Feb 23 2010, 23:52
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 23:49
    Word!

EDIT

• Utente
    • Feb 24 2010, 0:08
    I wonder if Last.FM is the next Facebook...

• HankMulder said:
    I wonder if Last.FM is the next Facebook...

Lets hope not.

• its completely different.

• I don't have a massive hate towards Facebook. Twitter on the hand....

Well...that's like your opinion, man.
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2010, 4:30
    willylumplumps said:
    its completely different.

That's what people said about MySpace and Facebook.

It's just a matter of time of I guess...

• RobynVC ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2010, 15:38
    It's a socially acceptable profile site. None of the cool kids had MySpace, they had a life instead but everyone has Facebook.

It's doing my head in now that my news feed is just spammed with people joining endless numbers of fan pages that should be groups and groups that should be fan pages.

Starting to prefer Twitter - it's how Facebook was without the all the crap, just status updates.

• Mamaatti ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 24 2010, 17:04
    DaddyPobbin said:

Well, I am a misanthrope and I do not see why I shouldn't be one. However, I am not a devoted one as I do not live in a cottage in the middle of a forest, but I generally dislike the human race :)

lost in the kingdom of Narnia,
    brought back by nostalgic feelings
  • (edited)

Modificato da un utente eliminato in data Mar 3 2010, 21:04
    • Utente
    • Mar 3 2010, 20:28
    Did you create that user name just for this thread?

• Well no, just wanted to say what I think ..

• Z1955 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 3 2010, 21:25
    and is no longer around... =8O

The secret forum last.fm doesn't want you to know about.
    (Find out what other people have already discovered.)
    • Z1955 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 3 2010, 21:25

The secret forum last.fm doesn't want you to know about.
    (Find out what other people have already discovered.)
  • I like it. It's nowhere as bad as myspace. I used to promote hard on myspace. Now i hardly go on. It's soooo flooded with lame music and garbage. the reason I like facebook is that it's a lot more personal, I guess, & you can still promote yourself without having douche bags posting their tracks on your page.

Download My Music For FREE! Packed With Weird Pictures You May Or May Not Like!

I'm Not Dead Yet
    http://www.divshare.com/download/10427876-554

Beat Her Heart Out
    http://www.divshare.com/download/10476706-e60
  • (try again, with less swearing)

Modificato da un utente eliminato in data Mar 3 2010, 22:45
  • there's nee chance i'd be on facebook if it weren't opening so many doors for me to be a bad snake and slime so many birds

• Robls ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 3 2010, 23:19
    Facebook = the new big brother society

There is something I wanted to tell you, It's so funny you'll kill yourself laughing.

But then I, I look around. And I remember...
  • Easy way to keep in touch with my friends since they are all on there.

Modificato da Orange_Star in data Dic 6 2011, 14:12
    • ruhrow ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 5 2010, 19:15
    I hate facebook.

• hey i won't disagree with you, i believe facebook has become one of the biggest parts in our life without any purpose..! I am for live communication not via facebook because online anyone can say anything to you but live is different!

• Utente
    • Mar 5 2010, 20:44
    dingdongbass1 said:
    (try again, with less swearing)

I really wish I could see the uncut version.

• Utente
    • Mar 5 2010, 23:27
    Mamaatti said:
    DaddyPobbin said:

Well, I am a misanthrope and I do not see why I shouldn't be one. However, I am not a devoted one as I do not live in a cottage in the middle of a forest, but I generally dislike the human race :)

Well some miasnthropes are funnier :D i think i was going for that angle.

Some peoples misanthropy knows no bondaries but it's hilarious. You just seem like a guy who lives in a forest lol.

Well i've not need for twitter because i don't want to tell everyone about my every movement - thats big brother and also really boring unless your the ferrari for hire guy who's seemingly awesome...

facebook for me is just sharing music, videos, jokes and idea's, maybe inside jokes even.

last.fm is cool cus generally people have a music taste whereas on facebook it's rather dubious and full of children.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.