Forum » General Discussion

Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 22 2010, 23:30

Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

I'm sick of hearing about it on the news everyday. BTW what's the point of calling it Facebook still if everybody uses it?

Doesn't Facebook mean like a yearbook or something or am I wrong?

Modificato da un utente eliminato in data Feb 23 2010, 0:18
  • I honestly hated it for the longest time because i thought it was just out there to take over myspace, but i've been using it some lately. I don't hate it, but i don't love it either.

• Utente
    • Feb 22 2010, 23:39
  • [spam]

[spam]

If I don't go crazy, I think I'm gonna lose my mind.
    Modificato da hjbardenhagen in data Mag 1 2010, 16:08
    • Utente
    • Feb 22 2010, 23:52
    It's handy for sharing some music, films, books, events [gigs], news stories, catching up with friends from all walks of life [not just uni-college] and other websites, its really last.fm+twitter for me.

I made an account on this before i had a Facebook, forgot about this account, and after a few months on Facebook someone invited me to Last.fm and i realised i already had an account.

Bebo was big in Ireland but now everyone has a Facebook, even old teachers, which is a laugh and ex's [so fuck?]

It has some uses but sure people will abuse it or criticise it. Maybe you have no friends and theres no one to talk to you on it, maybe you just hate random people wanting to add you and perv on your pictures, perhaps you just hate people and are a misanthrope. *shrugs*

Your not the only person who hates facebook, you'll not be the last but doesn't mean people can't find some good uses for it =]

• Re: Am I the only one that hates Facebook?

HankMulder said:
    I wish it can back to being for college students only. Because I'm sick of hearing about it on the news everyday. BTW what's the point of calling it Facebook still if everybody uses it?

Doesn't Facebook mean like a yearbook or something or am I wrong?

I don't understand any of your logic. Surely if there is a wider audience, Facebook gets more funding, therefore gets better? And you can get in touch with more people? I mean let's face it, Facebook is probably THE primary way people keep in touch online nowadays. So surely if you met someone new and wanted to keep in touch, it's a good thing that you have some tool that's not restricted to just college students?

And then your statement about calling it a Facebook. I don't understand that part at all.

Facebook is less a yearbook and more a social tool to keep in touch with people nowadays, I think. I mean, I've kept off it until really late last year, but I find it's pretty necessary now if you want to keep in touch with people unfortunately. Not everyone checks their emails...

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:01
    I made one back in the day to talk to some friends I went to school with. I've been meaning to delete my account now because only one of my friends uses the site and there's a lot of drama on there. Facebook is covered a lot on the news here in Canada even though it isn't even news worthy.

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:03
    DaddyPobbin said:
    It's handy for sharing some music, films, books, events [gigs], news stories, catching up with friends from all walks of life [not just uni-college] and other websites, its really last.fm+twitter for me.

I made an account on this before i had a Facebook, forgot about this account, and after a few months on Facebook someone invited me to Last.fm and i realised i already had an account.

Bebo was big in Ireland but now everyone has a Facebook, even old teachers, which is a laugh and ex's [so fuck?]

It has some uses but sure people will abuse it or criticise it. Maybe you have no friends and theres no one to talk to you on it, maybe you just hate random people wanting to add you and perv on your pictures, perhaps you just hate people and are a misanthrope. *shrugs*

Your not the only person who hates facebook, you'll not be the last but doesn't mean people can't find some good uses for it =]

Wow I think I just got owned!

You're right people do abuse it like hating on their teacher or something. I think that's why I hate it you bring up some good points. It's people that abuse the system and don't expect any consequences. I know it wasn't Facebook but didn't some girl kill herself from Myspace?

And then your statement about calling it a Facebook. I don't understand that part at all.

I always thought it some clever way of calling it a yearbook since it was for college students only back in the day. I wasn't sure.

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:08
    HankMulder said:
    DaddyPobbin said:

Wow I think I just got owned!

You're right people do abuse it like hating on their teacher or something. I think that's why I hate it you bring up some good points. It's people that abuse the system and don't expect any consequences. I know it wasn't Facebook but didn't some girl kill herself from Myspace?

Yes:
    http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Megan_Meier
    I wouldn't completely blame the website on that though... The girl obviously had some issues.

• DaddyPobbin said:

In my opinion Myspace does a much better job than facebook for gigs, and musical things.

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:10
    I love MySpace Music.

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:15
    Too bad only spammers use MySpace now.

• [spam]

[spam]

If I don't go crazy, I think I'm gonna lose my mind.
    Modificato da hjbardenhagen in data Mag 1 2010, 16:08
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:22
    Dinosauria_I said:
    dopeyslowpoke said:

The first sentence of that article made me laugh so fucking hard...

That's the only part I read. I closed the window after I got done laughing, it could only go downhill from there.

Megan Taylor Meier, a.k.a. *Megan Babi*, is known for committing suicide after being trolled to death by her friend's mom.

I wouldn't say "trolled" is the best choice of word.

• dopeyslowpoke said:
    Too bad only spammers use MySpace now.

I agree with this 100%

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:29
    HankMulder said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    It's handy for sharing some music, films, books, events [gigs], news stories, catching up with friends from all walks of life [not just uni-college] and other websites, its really last.fm+twitter for me...etc.

Kill herself? Why? :/ bullied? That sucks...nah i was friends with 1 or 2 teachers at school or they were kinda eccentric and the type to have a facebook profile lol. I've never myself personally saw abuse on any social networking site..if they occured they're very rare. People usually don't mess with me lmao.

LucasLimerence said:

In my opinion Myspace does a much better job than facebook for gigs, and musical things.

I only use it for music, my profile is old and never updated lol

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:29
    DaddyPobbin said:
    HankMulder said:
    DaddyPobbin said:
    It's handy for sharing some music, films, books, events [gigs], news stories, catching up with friends from all walks of life [not just uni-college] and other websites, its really last.fm+twitter for me...etc.

Kill herself? Why? :/ bullied? That sucks...nah i was friends with 1 or 2 teachers at school or they were kinda eccentric and the type to have a facebook profile lol. I've never myself personally saw abuse on any social networking site..if they occured they're very rare. People usually don't mess with me lmao.

Well another girls mother pretended to be a guy on MySpace and flirted with Megan but then ended up being mean to her so she hung herself. I don't know who would kill themselves because some random guy who they don't know on MySpace doesn't like them. Clearly she already had some mental issues.
    Dinosauria_I said:
    dopeyslowpoke said:

The first sentence of that article made me laugh so fucking hard...

That's the only part I read. I closed the window after I got done laughing, it could only go downhill from there.

It gets better. Megan's parents went to the mother who set up the MySpace to be consoled. The Drews even went to her funeral (her parents still didn't know they were behind the account). How awkward would that be?!

Modificato da un utente eliminato in data Feb 23 2010, 0:37
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:36
    I can't stand Facebook either.

It's easy to hate if you're unsociable.

• Robls ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 0:52
    Ah facebook...FACEOFF!...oooh wait thats a filum!

There is something I wanted to tell you, It's so funny you'll kill yourself laughing.

But then I, I look around. And I remember...
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 1:04
    Facebook is a cool guy.

• I feel like people only hate the thought of facebook being used by annoying people and assholes.

It's a really great site if you can get past that. Its easy to communicate with people on it (way easier than myspace, in my opinion), and it's (was) simple and not too flashy which isn't always the best. It gets things done.

• boredstiff- said:
    I feel like people only hate the thought of facebook being used by annoying people and assholes.

It's a really great site if you can get past that. Its easy to communicate with people on it (way easier than myspace, in my opinion), and it's (was) simple and not too flashy which isn't always the best. It gets things done.

I agree yes that it is much easier to keep in touch and communicate with people using facebook. I don't really like the new layout of facebook though, it is kind of confusing.

• sgath92 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 1:22
    There are several things I hate about facebook, like how they insist on changing the interface every few weeks, and rarely make it better in the process.

But it has some redeeming points. One of the things I like about facebook is, it makes it so easy to follow some of the bands I listen to. By "becoming a fan" of an official band profile you can usually get nearly-real time information on tour dates, up coming albums, how things are going in the studio. Lots of information you can't get on last.fm currently. But not all bands are on facebook, and not all the ones who are post information regularly, so it can be pretty hit or miss. I really didn't expect my interest in music to slowly take over my FB account, but that's what has happened over the last year or so. At this point, more of my friends list consists of band members from bands I listen to, rather than friends I know IRL.

• Yeah. The recent trend of becoming fans of everything lately is really annoying also just because most of the fan pages are really stupid.

• Utente
    • Feb 23 2010, 1:24
    boredstiff- said:
    I feel like people only hate the thought of facebook being used by annoying people and assholes.

Yeah great point but when you get high school kids and younger. Well it's exactly what you said with the first sentence.

I shouldn't really say I hate Facebook I wish I can edit my thread title. I'll say I dislike it something that's not for me.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.