Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Sound Skipping

• By the way: I thought the skipping issue should be solved when getting a subscription on Last FM. But it also won't solve this error... ;-)

~All that you need will surely come~
    Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden
  • Thought it was an early April Fools joke. But not. Still problems! ;-)

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 2 2011, 4:23
    Sorry for the slow reply henkjan99, have been busy lately so not had much time to check the forums.
    The issue is down to a problem within the Scrobbler client itself, not the router, so nothing we can do really until a new client is released, which'll be soon, hopefully!!
    Most welcome on chasing this up, bothers the hell out of me too!

Take care mate :)

• Justango ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 29 2011, 5:19
    Just like to say that I am also getting a skipping problem. I just started using the client recently. I hope this gets fixed soon. Its not so bad when I'm gaming, but when I'm just relaxing its pretty annoying. :x

• TNVWBOY ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 5 2011, 18:32

Me too

Just adding my voice to this issue. The 'skips' are a fraction of a second, but enough to distract/notice. The songs keep playing. Sometimes the skips happen multiple times per song. Other songs may not have any skip at all.

I've considered system resources, but that seems unlikely as the system is sitting idle most of the time. And it's a pretty decent system. It should be noted that I can use the Website client without these issues and may just have to go back to that method.

Marc

• Any news about this yet? It's a bit quiet nowadays. I would like to get another subscription, but if the soundproblems aren't solved... I WANT MY MONEY BACK! :)

So, I'll try... Where can I contact Last.FM by the way?

• Yes! Glad someone has addressed this issue! Thanks Jay for emailing and hampering Lastfm about this. It's been happening to me and it's so annoying, especially when you're singing along, it skips and then you go out of time lol.

I'll check back here for updates cos I'm anxious for this issue to be solved. I'm surprised not more people have complained about this! It's very irritating and happens quite often for me.

Anyway cheers and look forward to the updated client. :)

• Toast23 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 15 2011, 2:37
    Can we fix this? It's bugging the shit out of me.

• Hmm, yes, it's annoying, and it's lasting for some time too.

Any idea when the new client sjould launch?

• Still the same problem?

Hey, how's the sound skipping problem? I can't play songs anymore, because my subscription is cancelled. Anyone who does have a status update? * Spotify works better nowadays... :( *

• cofe_tea ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Set 13 2011, 3:06
    The issue is still there! I guess I am terminating my subscription... :-(

• izzyjo ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 15 2011, 10:11

reminded me why i had stopped using scrobbler

i get skipping multiple times per track and it is exceedingly annoying. what is the point? and how come there doesn't seem to be any last.fm support on this? when i am trying to get help i can only come to the forums but they don't actually come on here and do anything.

• darisole ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 24 2011, 18:49
    Same problem. Last.fm client on Windows 7 x64 keeps skipping even multiple times per song. It's very annoying...

• it this not a support forum? why has no one from last.fm commented on this?

I have this issue with both the webpage AND the client, so it's clearly NOT a problem with the client code. I only have this problem with my FIOS ISP, I have no issues when at work. It also seems somewhat intermittent. I'm worried they're going to throttle me because it appears I'm "trying to listen to too many songs in an hour" or w/e, if that still applies to subscribers.

• Make sure you are not signed in and listening on multiple devices/computers. This will cause the streams to skip.

Facet zaprosił mnie do kina i w połowie drogi pyta mnie: "A stać Cię na bilet..."?...i tak ma być.

FAQ Legal Terms and Policies Polskie forum pomocy The English forum Support Music Manager Music Manager - support System Status
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.