Forum » Last.fm Client Support

New Laptop Woes...

• New Laptop Woes...

i recently changed my laptop, and i migrated all my data from one computer to another. there was a period in which i was not scrobbling any music, niether form my iPhone or Macbook Pro. I finally came round to installing the scrobbler on my new laptop, but it seems it's not updating the music i listened to during the period scrobbler was not installed...is there a solution for this?

• dankine ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 13 2009, 10:19
    that would be because it was a period you didnt have a scrobbler installed, hence no way to scrobble tracks.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • vassyz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 13 2009, 19:55

Re: New Laptop Woes...

youssofmal said:
    it seems it's not updating the music i listened to during the period scrobbler was not installed...

You just can't make this s**t up.

• Thank you Dankin.

make what up exactly vassyz?

• vassyz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 15 2009, 9:44
    It's funny how you could believe that. How could the scrobbler update the plays if it wasn't installed?

• well, not that it really matters. but if you recall the first time you install scrobbler it compiles the complete database with the play counts. It just made logical sense that the scrobbler could identify the date of the last update.

don't exactly see anything funny, i actually think it should be an update sooner or later.

• vassyz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 18 2009, 9:37
    When you install the scrobbler it makes a database with your tracks played before the install?

• dankine ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 18 2009, 12:11
    only with a few players and only once, with a new account.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
    • vassyz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 18 2009, 12:48
    Never happened to me, there really are some players that cache tracks? It's weird for the Last.fm client to get data from other softwares.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.