Forum » In the News

Borat anthem played to Kazakh gold medallist

• Borat anthem played to Kazakh gold medallist

BBC

The medal ceremony at a Kuwaiti shooting event provoked bemusement and red faces when the wrong anthem was played to Kazakh gold medallist Maria Dmitrienko.

Following a mix up with an internet download, the winner had to listen to a spoof anthem written for the film Borat.

Watch Now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17494812

Oh dear :p

"Or shall I perhaps know, That I was happy oft and oft before, Or must I be content with discontent..." - Edward Thomas, The Glory
  • I chuckled

• I reckon something like Chitty chitty bang bang would be a good replacement for the English national anthem

that, or the theme from The Archers.

"Or shall I perhaps know, That I was happy oft and oft before, Or must I be content with discontent..." - Edward Thomas, The Glory
  • Some of these Anthem gaffes are crackers:

Anthem gaffes

- Instead of singing "we love your mountains" in his attempt on the Croatian anthem, an English opera singer sings "my penis is a mountain".

- Swiss TV runs obsolete "Deutschland uber alles" subtitles over the German national anthem.

- Grenada plays Taiwan's anthem at a ceremony inaugurating a China-funded stadium

- Saudis play Syrian anthem for Lebanese football team.

- Belgian party leader Yves Leterme sings French anthem when asked to sing the Belgian.
    Source: BBC

• MrPogoUK ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 9 2012, 16:40
    I read that at one point in the past - I think the 50s or 60s - a Mexican driver got a major surprise victory at a Formula One race somewhere (as in he was a rookie nobody driving a car that usually managed a half dozen laps at the back of the field before the engine exploded or something), catching the organisers completely unprepared. They didn't have a copy of the Mexican national anthem to play before the trophy ceremony, so improvised the best way they could by putting on a record of Frank Sinatra singing South Of The Border, Down Mexico Way.

• Re: Borat anthem played to Kazakh gold medallist

DaddyPobbin said:
    BBC

The medal ceremony at a Kuwaiti shooting event provoked bemusement and red faces when the wrong anthem was played to Kazakh gold medallist Maria Dmitrienko.

Following a mix up with an internet download, the winner had to listen to a spoof anthem written for the film Borat.

Watch Now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17494812

Oh dear :p

You can see the video of this on youtube, it's awesome!

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.