• Radio

Is there a way to listen to a radio station with ALL the hits from a certain time period instead of by genre? similar to Pandora

• dankine ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 13 2012, 11:37
    make a tag radio

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • I would suggest using tags too, try decade ones like , , etc.

• thanks for your replies however i kind of meant modern music
    as you can see by my profile, i listen to a lot of older music
    so i was trying to get into newer music; tag radios dont really help for this because no one uses tags such as 2000s 00s 2010s

• well, was used a quarter million times by more than ten thousand users... that's a bit less than the other examples, but hardly "no one"

but I guess you could also use specific years, like , - or use Combo.fm to combine the years (with "OR")

• Alainn ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 10:08
    bengt_bangt (with "AND")
    FTFY

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • soadize ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 10:10
    11,619 people use . Compared to other decades it's a bit less but it still should be enough to get some interesting radio station. (50,702 use , 90,614 use , 45,068 use , ...)

• snyde1 ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Mag 14 2012, 12:12
    Alainn said:
    bengt_bangt (with "AND")
    FTFY
    That would select things tagged with all the years. "OR" is correct.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • Alainn ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 12:56
    snyde1 said:
    Alainn said:
    bengt_bangt (with "AND")
    FTFY
    That would select things tagged with all the years. "OR" is correct.
    You're right, I keep forgetting that RQL looks at the tracks and not the artists. I opened the tag page and saw Madonna as one of the artists, thought you could do something like:

(80s AND 90s AND 00s) OR (70s AND 80s AND 90s) OR....etc

But it sadly doesn't work that way.

Hopefully this will help the OP:

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • tburny ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mag 17 2012, 21:57

It's not yet supported by Combo.fm, but it is technically possible. See http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/616299/_/17627609 for some more details :)

There is a bug tracker with a ticket for this on github: https://github.com/tburny/combofm/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • Alainn ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 17 2012, 22:14
    tburny said:

It's not yet supported by Combo.fm, but it is technically possible. See http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/616299/_/17627609 for some more details :)

There is a bug tracker with a ticket for this on github: https://github.com/tburny/combofm/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open
    I read that post and had lots of fun with combo.fm through that, thanks :)

But I read somewhere in that same thread that RQL looks at tracks rather than artists so that query wouldn't work since most tracks aren't tagged with 3 decades :(

OT: Is there a maximum of genres I can use per RQL request (or maximum number of characters)? I made a station with about 20 tags and it looked like it started to barf. Made a second one with about 7 and it worked a lot more stable.

• evilrix ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Mag 18 2012, 16:06
    I can't say too much at this time since it's still very (*very*) early stages but we are currently looking at ways of having more control over the radio, which would include the ability to specify periods of time. Unfortunately, anything we do has to fit within licencing restrictions so it's not something we can just hack out quickly.

As I said, its still very early stages (we're still in the process of prototyping some things to test out how viable this would be) but since this thread is now open I'll continue to monitor and provide feedback if/when it is appropriate to do so.

What I would say is that whilst we are looking at this it is not something this is likely to happen overnight (if as all) so please be patient. I will keep you up-to-date as to what progress (or not) we're making.

Thanks all.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.