Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Official images

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 12 2012, 14:21

The middle way

The compromise such as users being able to vote the main picture from the group of all uploaded official pictures would be an improvement at least. No idea if that has been suggested before or if the staff would be willing to implement it, though.

• forestt ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 8 2012, 0:33
    DFA1979 said:
    ...artists get to control precisely nothing except for uploading their music and setting official images...

"except" nothing. They don't need to upload their music and they don't need to set an image. This site is cool because it tracks listening trends, not because it's soundcloud, not because it's where artists come to represent themselves, because it's where a community of listeners can come together and share what THEY love, not what artists want them to see/hear.

• I'd like to be able to at least disable images. I like Monster Magnet, but that doesn't mean I want a naked ass on my page.

• liftarn ha detto...
    • Wiki Moderator
    • Giu 11 2012, 14:45

Re:Official images

KeIemvor said:
    I mean, is there any way, any conditions for removing or making vote-able official images on a non-shared artist page?

Well, if the official image if a logo and an artist photo is available then the official image would have to go. The same applies if it is unsuitable for any other reason. You can just use the "Flag as abuse" button under the image.

Please do yourself and Last.fm a favour and fix your tags. The easiest way is to use Musicbrainz Picard.
    Check out my label, Antzhill
  • Flagging doesn't help much in the long run...

• liftarn ha detto...
    • Wiki Moderator
    • Giu 12 2012, 7:08
    If they really are against the image guidelines they will eventually be deleted. The artist/label may of course upload them again and the process repeats itself.
    A more permanent solution is to find another artist with the same name as official images aren't allowed on shared pages.

Please do yourself and Last.fm a favour and fix your tags. The easiest way is to use Musicbrainz Picard.
  • liftarn said:
    If they really are against the image guidelines they will eventually be deleted. The artist/label may of course upload them again and the process repeats itself.
    A more permanent solution is to find another artist with the same name as official images aren't allowed on shared pages.

Wish I'd known this. I've been staring at the official image of an artist (on what is apparently a shared artist page) on The Twin's page for over a year - and even with Google I've not been able to work out who the bloke in the official image is! x-x How can this be reported?

NASTY NASTY NASTY GIRLS // ROCK ROCK TO THE BEAT BEAT ALL NIGHT LONG
    GONNA GETCHUU WET WET ALL WET N' WILD // SO MAKE SOME NOISE ♫

Wet 'N Wild feat. SUITE CHIC
    • liftarn ha detto...
    • Wiki Moderator
    • Giu 12 2012, 11:16
    SharedUmbrella said:
    How can this be reported?

The work has already started. I edited the bio to reflect that several artist used the same name.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.