Forum » Development Discussion

Profile multiple scrobbles fix

• Danielbm ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Dic 27 2011, 22:09

Profile multiple scrobbles fix

Hi.

I have this problem on my Last.fm profile, that when I scrobble my iPod, the tracks are scrobbled multiple times. This is an old problem, that made my charts become very inaccurate.

After failing to solve it with an easy solution, I came up with an idea to fix this problem, which is creating a script that does the following:

1 - Get all recently played tracks
    2 - Remove all the scrobbles from the profile
    3 - Re-scrobble everything without duplicates

I can see that this is kind of dangerous, because I could lose all of my listening data if anything goes wrong. I've been testing it on a dummy profile, and it seems to me that this approach works.

Finally, my questions are:
    - Does anyone know any other better way of solving this problem?
    - Does anyone see a big mistake in my approach, that could make it break my profile?

Some information:
    - Using Ubuntu 11.04
    - Script made in python, with PyLast library
    - My profile has about 70k plays

Thanks.

• hamon9 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 4 2012, 14:30

abdolreza razmjoo

hamon9
    • tburny ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Gen 19 2012, 0:44
    Hmm dificult.
    The problem is, last.fm surely has some mechanisms against fake scrobbling, so it would take you a while. If you assume that you submit 50 scrobbles in 25 minutes, so 2 tracks per minute it would take you > 24 days to re-scrobble all your 70k tracks.

Why don't you just call library.remove on the dupes and only re-scrobble these?

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • Danielbm ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 25 2012, 16:11
    Hi.

Thanks for the answer. You suggestion is very good.

The point of removing everything was making sure that I am always scrobbling tracks on a time later than my last scrobble. I thought that there was a restriction related to that. Can you confirm that I can scrobble tracks on dates of the past?

Thanks.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.