Forum » Web Site Support

Foreign ID3 Tags

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 4 2006, 3:12

Foreign ID3 Tags

OK. For a while now I've been searching for a tagging program that let's you write tags in foreign characters, such as Japanese (Kana/Kanji).

But it seems that every single program I have ever downloaded does not recognize/support these characters.

This is essential to me since I wish to alter my Japanese music's tags to the original way the artist intended them to be. (Instead of having them all be names in Romaji.)

If you know of a website/program that I may download in order to satisy my request, I would be very greatful.

Thanks.

Edit: Title changed to avoid confusion with last.fm tags.

Modificato da johnli in data Gen 4 2006, 9:45
    • Schika ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 4 2006, 3:36
    That's a lack of MS Windows, unicode isn't complete supported by that OS.
    I guess that you don't want switch to a *NIX based OS, like any Linux distro or Mac OS X. Then you should give iTunes a try.

.: NOP AND NIL :.
    .: Schika :.

• muz ha detto...
    • Alumni
    • Gen 4 2006, 8:40
    Actually, using MusicBrainz Picard you can tag with ID3v2.4 tags with UTF-16 which should support masses upon masses of non-latin characters.

It seems though, that I've only seen iTunes have support for ID3v2.4 unlike other media players/

• Yeah, that's a shame too. I really wish either 1) Winamp would get it's shit together or 2) iTunes and/or any other media players had a windowshade mode. /grumble

One can hope that the Songbird saves us.

• johnli ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 4 2006, 9:44

Re:

Quoth Schika:
    That's a lack of MS Windows, unicode isn't complete supported by that OS.
    I guess that you don't want switch to a *NIX based OS, like any Linux distro or Mac OS X. Then you should give iTunes a try.

Errr, I've never had any problems using unicode on Windows. The problem is largely with the applications, which is just as true of Linux. Winamp certainly doesn't support this.

I suggest using either Foobar or iTunes if you want to do this.

• Re: Re:

Quoth johnli:

I suggest using either Foobar or iTunes if you want to do this.

No windowshade mode. :/

• Uryuu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 4 2006, 11:46
    Winamp can show/use japanese but you have to install a japanese kit for it (it makes winamp all in japanese also)
    You can also try to use a japanese ID3 tagger...

• As long as you have the east asian chrarater support loaded on Windows, WMP10 will let you label your songs with Kana/Kanji. That's too easy, maybe I'm misunderstanding the question?

But the WMP last.fm plugin has problems submitting them and they arrive here as [unknown] because it sends the foreign chraters as question marks.

I've been fooling with it seeing if I could get Kanji to submit but I haven't figured it out yet.

All comments reflect the views of the poster and not of last.fm or it's management.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.