Forum » Web Site Support

About 9,000 of my plays just disappeared

• About 9,000 of my plays just disappeared

What the hell just happened? I just lost about 9,000 plays and about 150 artists from my library

Love peace and truth incorporated for all who seek
  • It's weird - I was deleting an artist called "Various Artists" wuth 4 playa from my library, an when I went back to my Profile page my Library had been decimated. Anyone any idea what's happened? Anyone else got the same issue? Also, my top artist has magically increased by 1 play.

• Ooops- no it didn't - my top artist lost 9 plays. Any ideas?

• Babs_05 ha detto...
    • Moderatore
    • Apr 20 2011, 1:22
    Not sure. See what this shows and if you can rescue some http://playground.last.fm/demo/undelete

So to clarify - you lost 9,000 plays? or just 9 plays?

• Check this related thread: http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/677702

• I lost 9,000 plays - possibly a period of time went missing. Had over 150,500 plays in the afternoon and now 141,000

• Babs_05 - I've started using the playground to undelete plays. It's gonna take along time I reckon. Anything quicker? Also, from the thread I see that getting rid of Various Artists is the cause of my problem - anything else I should be wary of deleting?

• Unfortunately deleting is recursive, so when you delete various artists, it then filters down and deletes all artists in your library that have releases on Last.fm under 'various artists'. That's quite a lot of artists. I believe the same is true for 'Sountrack' and a few other special case artist names.

evilrix's undeleter should save all your scrobbles (no scrobbles are actually deleted, just flagged as deleted). but yes, it could take a while.

It probably won't make a big difference, but I'm adding a warning to the various artist page to raise awareness.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.