Forum » Web Site Support

Weekly charts not updated for week ending Dec 26

 
  • 'Tis 6:37PM on Friday and no word...most places of work/business will have closed by now in the UK and so we probably won't be hearing anything for the rest of the day at least.

  • This Sunday everything should go back to normal, so I reckon you'll get the missing weekly charts next week when you get this week's ones. Sorry for the wait!

    • vs271 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 7 2011, 18:59
    A question about this next update....I guess the Artist Charts Update will bypass what happened last week. So we won't see how Christmas songs affected certain artist charts on the week leading up to the 25th? Such a shame these charts aren't automatic to the date. Will this next update include 2 weeks worth of songs towards the Artist Chart?

  • foreverautumn said:
    This Sunday everything should go back to normal, so I reckon you'll get the missing weekly charts next week when you get this week's ones. Sorry for the wait!


    Just to ask... the Sunday cut off normally results in us getting charts some point late on Monday else on Tuesday.

    I'm assuming that the mention of Sunday means that we might get the chart by about Tuesday afternoon sometime, therefore and isn't a suggestion that the missing charts will actually appear on Sunday?

    It was nice to see the brief apology, too. That's better public relations than "staff are away til January 4th" with an implicit 'so tough!' as all there was for everyone to get by on.

    • mwalimu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 7 2011, 22:18
    I think the following method will enable anyone to display the last two weeks' charts. I'll use the Top Artists chart, as an example, and a disclaimer that it's the only one I've tried this on, but my guess is that it will work on the other charts too.

    Display the chart the normal way, then redisplay it using the calendar at the top by clicking on the last week. You should get a url that looks something like:
    http://www.last.fm/charts/artist?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292155200-1292760000
    To display either of the last two weeks' charts, replace the last parameter with:
    range=1292760000-1293364800 (for week ending 12/26/2010)
    range=1293364800-1293969600 (for week ending 1/2/2011)

    Although the header information on these pages still shows the week ending Dec. 19, 2010, I believe the data in the chart is correct for the respective weeks.

    mwalimu
  • mwalimu said:
    I think the following method will enable anyone to display the last two weeks' charts. I'll use the Top Artists chart, as an example, and a disclaimer that it's the only one I've tried this on, but my guess is that it will work on the other charts too.

    Display the chart the normal way, then redisplay it using the calendar at the top by clicking on the last week. You should get a url that looks something like:
    http://www.last.fm/charts/artist?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292155200-1292760000
    To display either of the last two weeks' charts, replace the last parameter with:
    range=1292760000-1293364800 (for week ending 12/26/2010)
    range=1293364800-1293969600 (for week ending 1/2/2011)

    Although the header information on these pages still shows the week ending Dec. 19, 2010, I believe the data in the chart is correct for the respective weeks.


    That works! I used it for my personal charts - it works for artists and tracks. Thanks!

  • mwalimu said:
    You should get a url that looks something like:
    http://www.last.fm/charts/artist?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292155200-1292760000
    To display either of the last two weeks' charts, replace the last parameter with:
    range=1292760000-1293364800 (for week ending 12/26/2010)
    range=1293364800-1293969600 (for week ending 1/2/2011)

    Although the header information on these pages still shows the week ending Dec. 19, 2010, I believe the data in the chart is correct for the respective weeks.


    Oh friend, you're so smart, it really works, thank you so much.. could I ask one more question, plz? I wonder what those digital series mean, how do they replace the dates in urls? such as, 1292760000 = 12/19/2010, any help would be greatly appreciated, THANK YOU in advance...

  • mokwaising said:
    Oh friend, you're so smart, it really works, thank you so much.. could I ask one more question, plz? I wonder what those digital series mean, how do they replace the dates in urls? such as, 1292760000 = 12/19/2010, any help would be greatly appreciated, THANK YOU in advance...


    Just to fill your curiosity, the numbers in the "range" parameter indicate the number of seconds between the midnight of the 01/01/1970 and the midnight of the date you want to represent (such as 19/12/2010) :-)

    The 01/01/1970 00.00 is considered the "zero second" in many systems :-)

    • mwalimu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 8 2011, 15:15
    Just to fill your curiosity, the numbers in the "range" parameter indicate the number of seconds between the midnight of the 01/01/1970 and the midnight of the date you want to represent (such as 19/12/2010) :-)

    The 01/01/1970 00.00 is considered the "zero second" in many systems :-)

    Correct. All I had to do to generate the ranges was to shift the second number to become the first, then add 604800 to the first number to get the new second (604800 is the number of seconds in a week).

    mwalimu
  • NeverBorn said:

    Just to fill your curiosity, the numbers in the "range" parameter indicate the number of seconds between the midnight of the 01/01/1970 and the midnight of the date you want to represent (such as 19/12/2010) :-)

    The 01/01/1970 00.00 is considered the "zero second" in many systems :-)



    mwalimu said:

    Correct. All I had to do to generate the ranges was to shift the second number to become the first, then add 604800 to the first number to get the new second (604800 is the number of seconds in a week).


    THANK YOU so much for your help, guys, now I know it...

  • mushy_cavendish sagte:
    mwalimu said:
    I think the following method will enable anyone to display the last two weeks' charts. I'll use the Top Artists chart, as an example, and a disclaimer that it's the only one I've tried this on, but my guess is that it will work on the other charts too.

    Display the chart the normal way, then redisplay it using the calendar at the top by clicking on the last week. You should get a url that looks something like:
    http://www.last.fm/charts/artist?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292155200-1292760000
    To display either of the last two weeks' charts, replace the last parameter with:
    range=1292760000-1293364800 (for week ending 12/26/2010)
    range=1293364800-1293969600 (for week ending 1/2/2011)

    Although the header information on these pages still shows the week ending Dec. 19, 2010, I believe the data in the chart is correct for the respective weeks.


    That works! I used it for my personal charts - it works for artists and tracks. Thanks!


    It does not work for me.

    I get this:

    Oops, this page doesn’t seem to be working right now. We’re aware of the problem — please try again soon.

    And my page looks like this:

    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=312

    I replaces 312 with 313 or 314 and it didn't work.
    It only works backward with 311, 310 etc.

  • christian1702 said:

    And my page looks like this:

    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=312

    I replaces 312 with 313 or 314 and it didn't work.
    It only works backward with 311, 310 etc.


    It's NOT like that, I suggest you replace 313 with 1292760000-1293364800, replace 314 with 1293364800-1293969600, then you'll get what you want :)

  • Yes, that's right. THANKS

    • hadoman ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2011, 2:13
    mokwaising said:
    christian1702 said:

    And my page looks like this:

    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=312

    I replaces 312 with 313 or 314 and it didn't work.
    It only works backward with 311, 310 etc.


    It's NOT like that, I suggest you replace 313 with 1292760000-1293364800, replace 314 with 1293364800-1293969600, then you'll get what you want :)


    That doesn't work for me, when I do that I get this message ""hadoman" currently doesn't have any charts to display for this range / type. Regular charts are generated periodically, and weekly charts are calculated between sunday and monday Greenwich Mean Time."

  • Now, it's been three weeks that are behind. When is this going to be fixed? Thanks.

  • hadoman said:
    That doesn't work for me, when I do that I get this message ""hadoman" currently doesn't have any charts to display for this range / type. Regular charts are generated periodically, and weekly charts are calculated between sunday and monday Greenwich Mean Time."


    Oh, guy, please click on these 3 links, I swear I can see your weekly charts

    26/12//2010 Chart
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292760000-1293364800

    02/01/2011 Chart
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1293364800-1293969600

    09/01/2011 Chart
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1293969600-1294574400

    • hadoman ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2011, 11:58
    mokwaising said:
    hadoman said:
    That doesn't work for me, when I do that I get this message ""hadoman" currently doesn't have any charts to display for this range / type. Regular charts are generated periodically, and weekly charts are calculated between sunday and monday Greenwich Mean Time."


    Oh, guy, please click on these 3 links, I swear I can see your weekly charts

    26/12//2010 Chart
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292760000-1293364800

    02/01/2011 Chart
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1293364800-1293969600

    09/01/2011 Chart
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christian1702/charts?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1293969600-1294574400


    Okay, it is working now :P Wasn't working before, but now it is. Thanks :D

    • vs271 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2011, 13:36
    mwalimu said:
    I think the following method will enable anyone to display the last two weeks' charts. I'll use the Top Artists chart, as an example, and a disclaimer that it's the only one I've tried this on, but my guess is that it will work on the other charts too.

    Display the chart the normal way, then redisplay it using the calendar at the top by clicking on the last week. You should get a url that looks something like:
    http://www.last.fm/charts/artist?charttype=weekly&subtype=artist&range=1292155200-1292760000
    To display either of the last two weeks' charts, replace the last parameter with:
    range=1292760000-1293364800 (for week ending 12/26/2010)
    range=1293364800-1293969600 (for week ending 1/2/2011)

    Although the header information on these pages still shows the week ending Dec. 19, 2010, I believe the data in the chart is correct for the respective weeks.


    Thanks for this. Its a big help...til we get updated.

  • mwalimu said:
    Just to fill your curiosity, the numbers in the "range" parameter indicate the number of seconds between the midnight of the 01/01/1970 and the midnight of the date you want to represent (such as 19/12/2010) :-)

    The 01/01/1970 00.00 is considered the "zero second" in many systems :-)

    Correct. All I had to do to generate the ranges was to shift the second number to become the first, then add 604800 to the first number to get the new second (604800 is the number of seconds in a week).


    thanks! it works

    • BimboBoy ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2011, 17:50

    Still not working

    It's still not working. Sorry, I don't mean to complain, but I use the weekly charts for my blog, so this is causing a lot of trouble for me. When will it be fixed?

    Thanks!

    • [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 10 2011, 22:02
    BimboBoy said:
    It's still not working. Sorry, I don't mean to complain, but I use the weekly charts for my blog, so this is causing a lot of trouble for me. When will it be fixed?

    Thanks!


    Yes, my weekly charts are still not working, and I am in a similar situation because I use my weekly charts for my profile. And by weekly charts I mean my weekly snapshots from my profile and my scrobbles, not the stuff 2, 3, + posts up. I don't care about other people's charts, I want my own.

    It has now been a month since we have had the weekly snapshots. Do any of the admins have any explanations for this? The admins have now been promising it would be fixed for a while. First they said January 4, then they said today. Why can't the snapshot thing be on auto update so we don't have to wait, why does an admin have to press some button?

    • dizzydjc ha detto...
    • Abbonato
    • Gen 10 2011, 23:22
    maybe they meant Jan 4th 2012? Just a thought!

  • dizzydjc said:
    maybe they meant Jan 4th 2012? Just a thought!


    :-)

    • ebisu ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 11 2011, 7:51
    Must be nice having a job that allows for that long of a holiday break.

  • Still, imagine if Last.FM were a business...

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.