Forum » Web Site Support

Bug: Events missing in listing

• mkuzmin ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 10 2010, 21:18
    Okay, now venue creation is broken even on English site, even for London.
    Good news actually :)

• Heres a kicker for you. I added an event today and it appeared in the local run down fine. After reading the event I noticed I made a mistake. So I went back to the event and made an edit and saved. After doing that it vanished from the local run down. :\ WTF.

• mkuzmin ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 6 2010, 6:56
    show the link

• mkuzmin ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 7 2010, 17:04
    are you sure it was listed under Auckland events?
    because as I said eariler, all newly added venues are not linked to cities. but always linked to countries, so your event is listed under New Zealand until now

• When your event isn't listed, check the venue's page and see if there are any nearby venues listed there, or not. If there aren't any, the venue very probably doesn't have the correct location data yet and its event(s) won't appear in the city listings.

• Bloopy ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mag 13 2010, 0:26
    If a band is playing consecutive shows at the same venue, is it normal for only the first one to show up in the listing? They're both listed on the venue page.

Metallica is playing a second show in October, but only the first one is listed:
    http://www.last.fm/events/+place/New+Zealand/Auckland?page=2

• mkuzmin ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 13 2010, 9:40
    it's listed now. there is a delay for few hours

• Bloopy ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mag 13 2010, 10:54
    mkuzmin said:
    it's listed now. there is a delay for few hours
    This has been missing for days. I only see one event for Metallica listed, not two. Must be a timezone problem or something, because I can see both when I'm logged out. I didn't mark myself as not attending the 2nd show.

There I fixed it.

• Bloopy ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Mag 16 2010, 21:38
    Ok, so it seems other users on the same timezone don't have the same problem. I have no idea what's going on.

• mkuzmin ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 21 2010, 15:25
    yeah, I see the same now.
    common listing at http://www.last.fm/events lacks a part of my recommended events.

• davbak ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Giu 3 2010, 13:54
    mkuzmin said:
    today I have something new to report.

Adding any of that problem events to personal event list completely breaks iCal synchronization with Google Calendar - single item in the list stops to synchronize all other events too.

Empty GEO string should be removed from the feed:
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    UID:LFMEVENT-1384874
    URL;VALUE=URI:http://www.last.fm/event/1384874+Do-Re-Mi+Orchestra+-+Silence+Kit
    DTSTAMP:20100417T200000
    DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Moscow:20100417T200000
    DTEND;TZID=Europe/Moscow:20100417T235900
    SUMMARY:Do-Re-Mi Orchestra & Silence Kit
    DESCRIPTION:Do-Re-Mi Orchestra\, Silence Kit
    \n\nhttp://www.last.fm/event/1384874+Do-Re-Mi+Orchestra+-+Silence+Kit
    LOCATION:Клуб "Цоколь" (ул. 3-я Советская\, 2/3)\, Russian Federation
    GEO:;
    END:VEVENT

This is such an obnoxious issue that seems so easy to fix. Just like you said, remove the GEO line if it's NULL and Google Calendar works every time. What is the secret to getting a GEO field populated?

• another example

This event is visible in the France events listing, but it is not shown in the listing for Paris.

@foreverautumn
    And the venue has some nearby venues listed, so this is not it.

• Bloopy ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Lug 1 2010, 22:38

Re: another example

cthulhupenguin said:
    This event is visible in the France events listing, but it is not shown in the listing for Paris.

@foreverautumn
    And the venue has some nearby venues listed, so this is not it.
    It's the same problem that mkuzmin explained above. The event listings are missing recommended events. I don't listen to Charlotte Gainsbourg, so it shows up for me. If you go to eventrecs, you'll see all the events you've been missing out on. And yes, it's very frustrating.

• Re: another example

Bloopy said:
    It's the same problem that mkuzmin explained above. The event listings are missing recommended events. I don't listen to Charlotte Gainsbourg, so it shows up for me. If you go to eventrecs, you'll see all the events you've been missing out on. And yes, it's very frustrating.

Yes, probably I would see it, except Paris is not my default location, Warsaw is. So it is at most a possible recommendation, not a real one that I can see in my regular recommendations feed. Even more frustrating.

And the weird thing is the event is not missing from the country listing, only from the city one.

• Bloopy ha detto...
    • Forum Moderator
    • Lug 2 2010, 0:42

Re: Re: another example

cthulhupenguin said:
    And the weird thing is the event is not missing from the country listing, only from the city one.
    That doesn't happen for me in my country... recommended events are still missing from this list, although they do appear on this list.

• mkuzmin ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 13 2010, 21:20
    Adding any of that problem events to personal event list completely breaks iCal synchronization with Google Calendar - single item in the list stops to synchronize all other events too.

Empty GEO string should be removed from the feed:

wow! it looks fixed now,

• badgene ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 28 2010, 15:40

Same/different issue?

Hi, not sure if it's the same problem but it looks similar enough, and this thread is mentioned in the known issues post, so I thought I'd post it here.

Ok, so there's this event by Foals in Edinburgh, which does not appear on the listings for Edinburgh:

http://www.last.fm/events/+place/United+Kingdom/Edinburgh?page=10

Other events of the same venue *do* appear on the listings.

• Same issue with Barcelona

A lot of events that should be located in the Barcelona listing - they list Barcelona as their location - now appear only on the Spain listing. Examples: !!! at Sant Jordi Club, Suede at Razzmatazz or Primavera Club 2010 at different venues (all inside Barcelona). The worst thing is that other events in venues at the same exactly geolocation but in a different venue (i.e. "Sala Pop Bar, Razzmatazz", which is the same venue as "Razzmatazz") appear in the Barcelona listing.

Suede not appearing:
    <event xmlns:geo="http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#"; >
    <id>1626796</id>
    <title>Suede</title>
    <artists>
    <artist>Suede</artist>
    <headliner>Suede</headliner>
    </artists>
    <venue>
    <id>9096586</id>
    <name>Razzmatazz</name>
    <location>
    <city>Barcelona</city>
    <country>Spain</country>
    <street></street>
    <postalcode></postalcode>
    <geo:point>
    <geo:lat>41.39683</geo:lat>
    <geo:long>2.191226</geo:long>
    </geo:point>
    </location>

The Ettes, same geolocation, different venue, appearing:
    <event xmlns:geo="http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#"; >
    <id>1573866</id>
    <title>The Ettes</title>
    <artists>
    <artist>The Ettes</artist>
    <headliner>The Ettes</headliner>
    </artists>
    <venue>
    <id>8916667</id>
    <name>Sala Pop Bar, Razzmatazz</name>
    <location>
    <city>Barcelona</city>
    <country>Spain</country>
    <street></street>
    <postalcode></postalcode>
    <geo:point>
    <geo:lat>41.39683</geo:lat>
    <geo:long>2.191226</geo:long>
    </geo:point>
    </location>

You Throw Knives, I Throw Parties!
  • hello!

this venue (The Loft) won't show up at event search results. anyone knows how to fix this?
    thanks

• jk_2k ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 19 2010, 5:29

Recommend events do not displayed at All-evets-page!

Why most of my recommend events not displayed at All-events-page of my city??? (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
    My frends can see it, but I'm not! Only ot recommended-events-page!

I think this bug start when was added new features on events page, such as festivals page etc. Couse I cant remember no one event marked by star (as reccomended for me) on all-events-page since that update! =/

• This topic was started in 2009 and now it's 2010. Did the last.fm dev team really not come to a solution *in a whole year*??

• jk_2k ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 19 2010, 16:36

Re: Recommend events do not displayed at All-evets-page!

jk_2k пишет:
    Why most of my recommend events not displayed at All-events-page of my city??? (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
    My frends can see it, but I'm not! Only at recommended-events-page!

When I log out I can see All Events!!! WTF? Why are my recomendations dissapiared from event list? :(

I could missed all of better events for me =/

• We're looking into this problem over the next few weeks. Hopefully a fix should be deployed with the next site release around the 8th september.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.