Forum » Web Site Support

"Find New Artist" player thing not playing music

• "Find New Artist" player thing not playing music

I clicked on the link up top (under the Last.fm bar but before the main page) that said "find your next favorite artist" or something along those lines. The field thing popped up, with all the genres, I clicked on one, it brought up a song, and didn't play it. I clicked pause, then play, and still nothing. Is something supposed to happen? I reloaded the page, and still nothing. I started over, chose different genres, and still... nothing. I just d/l the latest adobe patch, sometimes that screws up the regular player, but that still seems to be working fine. I'm not entirely sure what's up. I'm running on Firefox, the latest build, if that helps. I think the site's intent is pretty interesting, and I'm really into figuring this out so I can see how it works/how WELL it works. I'm ALWAYS looking for new music, and you guys are good about not just playing what's popular (unlike Pandora). Please help me figure this out so I can continue finding awesome new music :D!

• You're talking about Last.fm Discover. :)
    Unlike the normal radio this feature doesn't use a flash player, that's why the newest Adobe Flash Player update doesn't affect it.
    But still the newest Firefox shouldn't have a problem with it but have you already tried it with another one? And which operating system are you using?

• I haven't tried another browser, I'm sure explorer is still on this machine somewhere, I just hate it and try not to use it XP But I'll give it a shot. As far as OS goes, I'm using Windows 7.

• update: Plays in explorer 64 bit just fine. Must be firefox issue. I've been having problems with firefox lately... perhaps there's a patch or something I'm missing. I refuse to use explorer for several reasons, hopefully I can get it working on firefox. Otherwise, I'm going to have to d/l google chrome... Know of anything I can do to fix things otherwise? (settings issues, etc that I may not have thought of) If not, totally cool, thanks for your help, forgot about the fact that I still had a different browser (explorer is like the STD of browsers >.>)

• re-update: Firefox is up to date, no new patches or anything, so I'm really not sure what's up. :/ Thank you for your patience :D

• Ok, fixed it. When in doubt, "Did you try turning it off and back on again?" usually works. A computer restart caused a "install missing plug-ins" bar to come up on firefox, which caused firefox to freeze, then fix itself, and now it plays the music! Since the plug in was for flash player, I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the music... but perhaps the freeze made firefox stop being a twat. <3 thank you for your help!

• Please try disabling any plugins you have installed in Firefox.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.